EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 127
LD4ALL 23rd Anniversary Party

Exploring

Author  Message 
altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer
altheman9993 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Exploring
PostPosted: Tue 29 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

While typically when I have Lucid dreams, I usually spend them kicking villian butt and flying.

Well I had 2 lucid dreams this morning, and I spent each one simply exploring the dream world and it's amazing when you look at how much detail you can find within the dreamscape.
For example, in one dream i was walking down a street and I decided to go into one of the houses. Now this street, I had no idea which street it was and knew none of the houses, but when I entered it was full of detail, like there was children toys on the floor, pictures on the wall and even music coming from upstairs. I then went onto look at the detail of the wallpaper and the colours.

Have any of you simply explored your dreams rather than manipulate and change them?

Current LD goal(s): Short term goal: Practise WILD. Long term goal: Achieve lucidity at will.
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

I love exploring. In fact, I'm usually more interested in seeing what my mind comes up with rather than trying to mess with the dreamscape. The mind is amazing at simulating the real world. Really, we don't give our own creative powers anywhere near enough credit.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
cookie lover
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d
Location: Universe............. Favorite Animal: Mew....... Nightmare count: 4

That's what one of my goals was back when I was at Dreamviews.

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
MovieMe
Oneironaut
cookie lover
MovieMe has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Lost count..

Rhewin wrote:
I love exploring. In fact, I'm usually more interested in seeing what my mind comes up with rather than trying to mess with the dreamscape. The mind is amazing at simulating the real world. Really, we don't give our own creative powers anywhere near enough credit.

Agreed. There's nothing that beats simply walking around admiring the work of your mind, it's fascinating.

Rhett
King Vanny
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

Oh i can't wait til i master lucid dreaming!!! I'm so excited to go exploring!

Kore
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 3

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

I decided to simply try exploring last night because I figured I wouldn't wake up as quickly if I didn't try manipulating the dream too radically. It worked; I stayed in the dream for quite a long time, simply walking around and letting the environment set most of the rules the rules. I had to spin around a bunch of times and rub my hands together to keep the dream going as long as it did, but it was fairly easy to keep it stable. Usually if I try manipulating things too much, or get excited about something, the dream fades so quickly that the anchoring methods are useless. Maybe just exploring is actually a good place for beginners to start?

I did summon a DC to keep me company though. It was pretty fun having someone to walk with me through the dreamscape, almost like a dream guide of some sort. Do you guys go exploring alone or with your dream characters?

trophycase
Somniologist
Somniologist
trophycase has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 79

PostPosted: Tue 10 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

exploring is fantastic. i've had lucid moments that felt more realistic than real life.

DreamDaze
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 27!

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

Lately all I can really do is explore. I really like exploring.

oyster
LD count: Lost count.

I love exploring too! It never ceases to amaze me just how real the dream world is!

KauaiDreamer
Aiming for the stars
Dream Deity
KauaiDreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 43

I'm always so goal oriented! So this is a good idea. I'm in the middle of my WBTB it's almost 4 AM, woke up an hour ago just out of the blue with a splitting headache. Seeing it takes about an hour for the Tylenol to kick in I figured I'll browse the forum. I'll crawl back to bed in a bit with exploring on my mind. Hopefully it will get me lucid again.

Current LD goal(s): ~get better at making a healing energy sphere, conquer doubt, fear & negativ
KauaiDreamer
Aiming for the stars
Dream Deity
KauaiDreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 43

Thanks altheman!
I did get lucid last night! Reading your post at 4 in the morning was a good thing to do, gave my mind a different angle I guess. I had a great LD, flew into space and saw stars, a sort of a milky way/nebula, and an asteroid belt.

Current LD goal(s): ~get better at making a healing energy sphere, conquer doubt, fear & negativ
XwolfbroX
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: alot

PostPosted: Thu 19 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

i've always loved exploring, i do it in houston and dallas all the time, but normally when you go walking around in that area, bring a knife.
or a gun.
i like to just think up some place ive always wanted to go to, like the backroads of new york city, i hear their undergrounds are insane.
or some place out of a movie, or a video game.
or just some place out of your country, like florence, venice, greece, germany, etc.
or maybe a city you've created.

print