A 7 day long LD?

I saw something about this is another thread, but felt this specific topic needed its own.
List of things to do:

1. Summon a pill in your LD.
  2. Say to yourself, this pill with make my LD last _____ days.
  3. Take it
  4. Enjoy? XD
    So is it actually possible to make a LD (seem) to last 7 days or as long as you want it to? I’ve only heard about this earlier, and am probably gonna try it tonight. Can anyone else confirm that it works? Lets say I were to make it last a year, then got tired of it after the first few days (Idk why I would, but you never know. :razz:), would I be able to wake myself up? And does this also prolong your sleep?

Sounds scary but i might try it.I could fly, build in my imagination.
Hard to believe but i have to try it.But doesn’t that affect the memory ?

What do you mean by affect memory? And I hope not. XD

@Gutana: well, it’s very difficult to measure time in an LD since it is so subjective, and it’s darn near impossible to measure it scientifically. Between false memories and time lapses (like travel time), its very easy for a dream to feel longer than it is. In many cases these super long LD’s may only last an hour or so in real time, but you can’t tell the difference. WritersCube’s journal is a good example of long dream time in shorter real time.

If you do find yourself in a very long LD and want out, it is very easy to wake yourself up. I’m sure the reverse is true, you could probably keep yourself asleep but I doubt you could keep yourself under for days, or even more than a few hours of RL time. Your body would eventually have to wake up.

@itsjustguy: There’s nothing to be afraid of here. You’re in total control of your dreams and how long they last. If you’re worried about getting lost for all eternity in the dream world, it’s not going to happen. And no, lucid dreaming, no matter how long, has not been shown to have any negative impact on memory. I’m not sure where you got that idea from…

Time dilatation needs more than some placebo (specifically,a pill):
since you’re bringing some big shift in the speed you reason (and dream), there’s the need to change the way you approach the dream as well. A good way would be taking more in of the dream around you, experimenting more senses, being more aware in general, and of course keep the intent of prolonging the dream alive :wink:

If you look at it like this, there’s small chances you’ll lose lucidity and still keep dreaming until 7 days have passed. You just continue dreaming for how long you manage to be lucid and aware :wink:

About the memory, there’s just the risk you’d forget the parts before, well it would be difficult IWL too to remember a full 168 hours, in detail! :eek: So I’d advice starting with something less, like 24 hours :wink: It can still be an amazing amount, you know? :content:

So I should just go ahead and pop a 5 year pill? XD
Edit: Lol nevermind :razz: I guess I’ll just try 24 hours for now, and see how I go from there.

Bit off topic but how do you wake yourself up in a LD ?

It can be as simple as closing your eyes in some cases. The less engaged you are and the less you ware keeping your senses active, the more likely you are to wake up. Alternatively, you can simply concentrate on your intention to wake up. In the end, it is usually harder to keep from waking up rather than trying to wake up.

in my first lucid dream i didnt know much about it all i knew was i infact was dreaming and i was in my dream…i simply automatically shortly after said, “I want to wake up now…” and that was it, i did! or atleast thought i did…had 3 FA, then i did finally wake up. :happy:

I read that if u want to wake up you can just pop another pill to wake you up