WILD attempt!

Hi guys,

I attempted WILD. After a while, probably 10 minutes my body went numb and I felt like frozen. I kept saying “1, I’m dreaming, 2, I’m dreaming, etc.” until 100 and then restarted. A few times my head was shaking a bit and my heart beat faster and I thought I couldn’t move at all, so I moved my hand a bit and I could… anyway lights were flashing, I could see green flashes and weird shapes just moving around but they weren’t clear and weren’t coloured. I felt as if I was almost asleep, but my mind was awake. I then heard a noise and got up, rolled over and tried again, but this time I just fell asleep.

I had set my alarm to 18:55 but it didn’t go off… when I checked it, it was at 19:55! Weird…

I want to try again, but this time I need to be very quiet… usually I feel very sleepy if I listen to my iPod, but will that distract me? I think I was very close! What do you think?

You are definately getting quite close, and time seeming to go fast is a good thing if the WILD attempt takes a while to have any effect :razz:

It sounds like you were also seeing HI (The colours) which is a good sign and your heartbeat rising is also normal in some people. When trying to WILD you can get a rush through your body as SP kicks in.

Try not to move at alll next time though because the moment you move you will reset your body’s clock and will sadly be back at square one. You sound like you got the hang of counting and stuff though, try not to concentrate too much though or you will keep yourself awake.

Your head shaking could be solved by stretching before you lay down to do WILD as it might be your muscles tensing up involuntarily.

You can try listening to your ipod if you think it will help you, some nice relaxing music that wont keep you awake. The ipod will only distract you if you focus on it too much.

To me it sounds as though you are getting there and were in fact quite close. Well done. Be sure to give the attempt more time though as WILD is something that cant be rushed.

Good luck! :smile:

Awesome! I tried again yesterday and just woke up for some reason - maybe I dozed off, all of sudden I just opened my eyes - I did some reality checks but no good, I was awake. I think I may have drifted off to sleep.

I’m going to keep at it with WILD and also dream recall - I had a few dreams last night and have recorded them. They’re very weird.