Going through mirrors

I haven’t done much mirror stuff for awhile… but here are some things i have found:

1. A very angry lawyer woman
  2. I think once I found a Simpsons character…

Unfortunately most of the time I go through the miror I get nothing but blackness… how sad. :cry:
How can I resolve that?

And what have you found?

Now playing: Opeth - Bleak
via FoxyTunes

well for me, mirrors are pathways to other places, dimensions etc… I never really pay much attention to my reflection… but everytime I see a mirror that first thing I try to do is to walk through it. You will appear in places you would never expect, its really fun!

The only time I can recall trying to look in a mirror in an LD, I couldn’t see much of anything because it looked like it was foggy… I could only see part of my body if I was really close to it. In my NDs, mirrors usually show some variation of my reflection… sometimes they show a normal reflection, while other times, it’s distorted. I’ve never seen anything particularly frightening in a mirror, at any rate.

I rarely pass mirrors in dreams, but I remember a dream where I was in front of the mirror and the reflection of me showed someone else. I did an RC then examined myself, its fun to look on yourself on a mirror :tongue:

:hmmm: that depends how strong your psychic mind is. And I also think that some are frightened, others not :cool:

It has never worked for me because my brain cannot process the fact the mirror isn’t solid anymore. When I teleport though I get blackness too…

I’ve tried going through mirrors in about 3 of my LDs, every time I just bump into it… :neutral:

I encountered this problem the first time I tried this, so I closed my eyes and tried to feel my fingers move through the glass like it were liquid. Eventually it worked and I was able to absorb my full body into the mirror. Though it is a bit cold, and I wouldn’t recommend it for the claustrophobic/hydrophobic, it was a fairly interesting experience. :grin:

If anyone was curious, I have tried this several times since my first attempt, with much better results than the first time. No more LD attempts while thinking of silent hill for me. :bored:

The one-time I went through a mirror in a LD I performed a back-flip to jump in it and ended up in darkness, and then a picture began to form, of a lady with purple hair and melancholic face standing in a woods. (tried finding a purple smiley to go with this and found this–> :cookiemon: and this :crying: The last one is better)

I’ve gone through a mirror twice. The first time, I went straight through it as if it were a painting in Super Mario 64, but I just ended up back in my bathroom. I tried it again the next time I got a lucid dream and this time the mirror shattered and I still ended up right back in my bathroom. Can somebody tell me what I’m doing wrong?

I have one recorded dream of where I went through a mirror, around 1999, and it was just this great void. Pure nothingness.

Mirrors are very liquidy in my dreams. The one I went all the way through I ended up in some little shop.

This is one of the things I haven’t done yet and wanting to, go through a mirror. In my next LD I will. Hopefully this will be before the next LC quest!

Only time i’ve ever experienced a mirror in my dreams, it got me lucid!

i saw myself and stuck my finger through my cheek (weird RC huh)

i would think that it would be a good way of practicing transforming

When the subject of going through mirrors comes up, it reminds me of how I felt when I first heard about Lucid Dreaming. :content:

I’ve used mirrors when lucid with the intent to share a dream. Id think of who I want to connect with, then leap forward into the reflective abyss. It was interesting… If anyone has the experience of sharing a dream it be awesome to hear it. Ive tried a bunch of times with limited success.

I remember always wanting to go through the mirror in my dreams. This one time I had the chance too. First I put my hand through it, it felt really nice the liquidy metallic swished around, I pulled something back from the other side…it was some old vase then I decided to go in with my full body…all I remember was darkness and then I lose my lucidity. Wasn’t really happy with the result. :neutral:

I always thought about trying again, but then I get an unpleasant feeling that something scary would happen like Strickens silent hill nightmare :bored: .

Finally had a chance to go through a mirror. Well, not exactly. At first I tried to poke my finger through it, but it didn’t work so I broke the mirror :"D because I haven’t had a long lasting LD recently I wasn’t sure how much time do I have…
So I broke the mirror and there was a completely dark room behind it. (IRL there is a window, not a wall and another room) I clapped and said “Lights!” but when I could finally see the room, it was empty. I was really disappointed :meh:

I always start mirror jumping at the end of my LD. I learned somewhere back when I started studying LD 2005ish that when you go through a mirror, it makes your lucid dream more vivid. When I stack the mirror jumping (go into my first mirror, then look for another mirror, and jump through it) and continue as much as I can handled) I have a god-like abilities. Whatever I want to see, I just imagine it, and keep walking into new rooms until I find what (or who) I imagined I want to see. During god-mode, I the only limits to my LD is my imagination. I NEVER share what I dream about, but last night, I grew wings out of my back to help with the flying…and I visited a lot of people…

For some reason I’m afraid of mirrors in my dreams.