Very odd!

Hi!

I have been keeping a dream journal and the past couple of nights I’ve not remembered my dreams! I do know I had one the other night, but I forgot it. Anyway, last night I had no dream, but this morning I kept going in and out of consciousness. I kept having dreams and I’ve written them all down. One was very odd though. I was climbing up some huge ladders at the side of a building, trying to catch a fly. I got to the top and it was VERY high up. The fly disappeared and I then saw a big dead moth. I turned around and couldn’t be bothered climbing back down, so I just jumped off the ladders and I started to fly! I’ve never flown in any dreams before, but get this: as I was flying I could feel the wind gushing past me! I have never experienced anything like it. As far as I know, this was a normal dream: it was extremely clear and I don’t think I was aware it was a dream, but I might have been because I knew if I jumped I’d fly… and the feeling was amazing… pity it was even more vivid, and it didn’t last long, a few seconds.

What do you guys think? A semi-lucid dream?

Nope, it wasn’t a semi-lucid dreams.
Lucid dreams can be very unvivid and blurry, but you have to be lucid, obviously.
That means that you have to be aware of the fact that you are dreaming.

You were simply having a clear, vivid normal dream.That’s a progression, you know?
You are getting closer to lucidity, just keep trying and don’t give up :wink:

The dream wasn’t weird, tho.All dreams are strange.
Many people feel in dreams.Be it pain, touch, smell, hunger or something else.

Just keep writing in your dream journal :smile:

I agree with Antares. Since you knew you could fly it might have been close to lucidity, though.

Non-lucid dreams can be VERY increadible, so don’t forget to enjoy them as much as you can :smile: That will help your dreaming and lucid dreaming skills grow a lot faster.

Thanks for your replies! I have never had a sensation like that before, maybe it is because my dreams are becoming more vivid. I tend to get nearly all of my dreams just before I wake up.

I also have alot of dreams like that, frequentaly I preform rl’s in my dream and i think its real life so i guess tahts progress but its kinda bothersome

Clear vivid dreams sure take your breath away, dont they? It’s dreams like this that keep me hooked to LDing. It’s just so amazing feeling something unreal in such a realistic environment. It’s even better having such a vivid dream and being lucid tat the same time :content:
GL on your quest to lucidity

Just because it was normal doesn’t mean it wasn’t vivid and epic!

Trust me on this one. :neutral:

OK thanks for your posts! Had another fairly vivid normal dream last night, woke up at 5 in the morning, turned the computer on and wrote it down before I forgot. I usually have dreams just before I wake up, this was quite a bit before.