do you think your physical location can affect LDing?

do you think your chances of LDing change when your location does? for instance, your home bed (which is likely where you feel most comfortable emotionally & physically) versus sleeping at a friend’s house/hotel/camping/etc… or what about even something like sleeping at the opposite end of your bed?..

your state of mind might be different in a new/unfamiliar location, thus making it harder/easier to LD

I’ve been on vacation for a month and have been LDing almost every night (including two in one hour last night!!), but I don’t know whether to attribute this to the change of scenery, relaxed state of mind of being on vacation, or simply me improving my LDing skills…

your thoughts?

I don’t know if it’s a physical location so much a state of mind. Like you said, it’s a lot easier to dream when relaxed, and there’s very few times I’m as relaxed as when on vacation. If I’m staying on a friend’s couch I’m really uncomfortable and I don’t dream very well. I’ve yet to have an LD in such an undesirable position.

I dream much more often when I sleep at a friend’s house. Heck, if I change beds in my own house, I usually have an LD the first night.

for astral projection I’ve read that sleeping somewhere else can make you project because your astral body wants to return to your normal bed…so I thought there could be something similar for LDing

I get to sleep much easier if a bed is against a wall, and that can affect my LDing quite drastically (well my dreaming at least, I can never remember dreams from somewhere other than my own bed)

It can definitely affect my sleep and dreams. I remember the first night in Berlin, which was farther from the sea than i had ever been before, i got a night full of dreams about floods and water. When i had some difficulty sleeping a few days ago, i followed FiXato’s advice about sleeping in the opposite end of the bed, and slept well. I even got a rare, comfortable dream about sailing. It could simply be an association between the normal sleeping place and bad dreams or insomnia.

On vacation, i usually sleep very badly. I wake up every time i need to move, and it can take me literally hours to fall asleep. I get the idea that i am exposed, that others can see and hear me sleep and move. After a certain time, one gets exhausted from lack of sleep, and one of my weirdest lucid dreams came in a tent, sleeping in the middle of the netherlands’ national day being celebrated.

My dreams are definitely changing when Im away, and my emotions affect them too, I need to feel comfortable if I shall be able to sleep well :silent: