Shared dreaming?

I personally do believe in shared dreaming, as well as shared dream experiences, because they contain basic parts/steps to astral projection, which is the projection of our consciousness to see and experience what’s outside of our body or outside of the physical (i.e. Dreams are outside of the physical).

As always, a look at this topic is recommended :content:
Plenty of people there have reported partial successes, so it’s not something for LD pros (whatever that means) at all ^^

jkup, if you wish to add something to a previous post, just click the little edit button on the top right of your post (in between the “quote” and the “X” button), and you can type in some more stuff. You do not need to click post reply or quick reply! :smile:

Its definitely something I want to look into. I don’t see how its possible, but my cousin tells me about how him and his friend both had the same nightmare where they’re running through a hallway with zombies chasing them. One of them locks the door on the other and says “F*** you.” The only difference between their two dreams is in my cousin’s dream, his friend locks the door, and in his friend’s dream, my cousin locks the door. My cousin says that it was something paranormal, but I think it might have been a shared dream.

there is a way to create dream characters so real that they have their own emotions and ideals, instead of just projections of the subconscious, but it takes an experienced LD’er and years for the DC to take on its own emotions, so that possibility for something spontaneous as this is impossible.
a shared dream between two people would mean complete anarchy for the outsider, meaning if it wasn’t his dream, the dream would fall apart, or they would die and wake up.
also, it would take an empathy link or something of that nature to actually get someone into some other persons subconscious without the help of machinery, either this or astral projection, which normally takes years to master without some luck to go into the equation.
what i meant about the anarchy is that, like a demon, the body fights the outsider if they screw around with the hosts mind.
if the outsider was to change ANYTHING the mind would start to sniff them out like a bloodhound, and expell them from the mind, even if it means death.
of course, this just means you’d wake up, but still, pain is very, very real.
in almost every actual circumstance of shared dreaming you hear about, some kind of peril goes along with the journey.

others are either lies to get attention, or their just lucky.

Well first, according to common experience, it’s very possible to meet some other place than someone’s inner mind. If we were to believe in the premises of SD’ing, so that one’s mind can travel beyond its boundaries, then a meeting in a neutral place that is neither one’s mind can be easily arranged.
Secondly, all it takes for one’s consciousness to be accepted in some other’s inner place is having discussed things between them IWL, and having some to a pact of acceptance. It has been done before, and seems to work.

thanks for the quick reply, but the subconscious it not the same as a person.

I’m not saying your attacking the outsider, i wouldn’t shoot my friend in the face…normally, but that’s besides the point.
the subconscious does not normally accept outsiders, it isn’t the same person inside, you cannot control its actions.
I’m not saying it cant be done, but simply agreeing to meet in one place just seems a bit…mainstream to me.
by “mainstream” i mean simple knowledge passed down by people who don’t know what their talking about.
I’m not saying you know nothing about this, and I’m trying to say this without sounding like i know everything.
its like saying zombies can bring the dead back to life by biting them, its old knowledge, if you think about it, it doesn’t make sense, medically, or physically.
agreeing to meet in one place, i mean come on.
it doesn’t seem to me dreams are connected by something as simple as a place, there isn’t just one place in the entire dreamscape, its not one giant sandbox where people come and go, its one single entities subconscious projections.
that’s what makes it a dream.
it personal.
people don’t just randomly enter your dream, which is proof the dreamscape isn’t public, but who’s to say that the people they were meeting weren’t simple projections of your own subconscious because you believed they would be there
if you agree to meet someone in a dreamscape, normally you’ve known them for a while, meaning you know how their emotions play out, and how they act.
in a lucid dream, this appears even more!
as long as you believe its actually them.
I’m not saying its actually possible, but one of my goals in life is to eliminate all FALSE mainstream knowledge as possible, simple things that are simply beliefs that are, for the most part, untrue, and a lot of what i hear these days is just that.

Well, if you don’t believe me, you can have a look at what one of the best SD’ers I know thinks about it.

Reply to deleted post removed

First,I’d want to say that the person that wrote that “stuff” is someone I know personally, and I have daily conversations with her, and she’s a very nice person, going to university, living her life like any of us, so I’d tread your steps more carefully.

Secondly, yeah they’ve written a lot of theories there, mostly derived from personal experiences they’ve had in their dreams.But I can’t say I believe them myself. Personally, I just accept that what they say could be true, and I’ll wait till I actually experience any of that stuff myself before I can start considering them as true.

Thirdly, we are talking about shared dreaming here. So we are trying to find a reasonable frame that could make possible such an eventuality. You were making your own assumptions about that, and decided it was somewhat hard. What I was doing was presenting some different opinions from people who say it being possible, who claim to have repeatedly had SD between themselves, and that I often chat with and I can assure you, they’re perfectly reasonable people. So it seemed reasonable to me to listen at least to what they have to say, and I know as well as you that dreams can trick us, so I try to keep a neutral profile, and that’s it.

To XwolfbroX,
Will you believe that shared dreaming is possible if it comes form expert lucid dreamers? Pick up a book called Lucid Dreaming gateway to the inner self, and start reading page 207. The writer of this book, Robert Waggoner and his friend Ed Kellogg actually had a documented mutual dream monitored by a third party as to prove the validity of their dream encounter. I loaned out my book by Stephen LaBerge, but if I remember right, he too had a mutual dream(s). Those guys are pretty much the Lucid dreaming gurus as far as I’m concerned, so don’t tell me what they are saying is B…l too.
I hope to be able to explain in words one of these days that thought is more then just thought. Thought actually is, like energy. Connecting to your subconscious is connecting to universal energy. Hence finding a person’s energy/aura in the dream world is totally possible in my eyes. You create your life/reality by what you believe, in that you are free to do so. But for those that are able to believe more, their lives/reality will not only be will be “larger” but intrinsically more fascinating and evolving. I do believe that lucid dreaming is definitely a gateway to the larger truth of our existence, one I hope to be able to grasp one day.

At the moment, I’m not yet convinced of SDs, but yeesh. Don’t bash it until you have, in the very least, tried to perform it. Who knows? If it happened to me, I’d certainly be convinced. I’m skeptical, but I’m not going to completely deny it until I’ve experimented.

i didn’t get pissed from the fact that i don’t believe shared dreaming is in any way EASY, i got pissed because i believed he supposedly “understood” the things on that website other than the shared dreaming topic, I’ve had experiences with people of the same mindset, and I can tell you right now, I have absolutely NO respect for people of that nature.

this is because of a past experience with a relative of the same mindset, and i believed that tosxyChor was one of those people, mainly because he handed me a link, and said “see what they have to say”, with no more details than that.

thank you for at least saying you don’t believe what their trying to tell you.

And what if he did believe what they’re saying? This is all based on subjective experiences so for all you know they could be right. It’s true, there is no scientific way to prove, but there is also no way to disprove it either. In that case you can’t make a hard judgment either way. I don’t believe that they are correct (keyword=believe because I have no proof), but there are enough personal experiences with shared dreaming there might be something to it that I can’t see.

Wait, what?

Of course there is a scientific way to prove SD!
It would be very easy to prove it, to make tests etc. (scientificly)

The problem is that there are too many people like XwolfbroX out there and working in science labs. This is what makes it so hard to test it. It’s not taken serriously in the first place!

I’m not saying I believe in it or not. But what you guys are doing does not bring us any closer to finding out the truth about it.

here is an article about shared dreaming you guys may enjoy <- clicky

I’m talking specifically about some of the more spiritual items in that video tosxy put up. I have no problem taking SD’s seriously, and there have been some very interesting studies on them all ready as Q’s article briefly shows.

The only trouble with testing SD’s is that no one can see what youre seeing. You can do objective studies with two patients in seperate rooms oryou can monitor brain waves but it’s hard to get concrete evidence. In the end, part of it is having to take people’s words for it. That doesn’t mean it’s not evidence.

wow, ok.
Its not like i don’t believe in things that cannot be proven by science, this is the view of sadists and and atheists.
I however am christian, and there is little to no proof that god exists.

what i was saying if you had understood me correctly was that I have no respect for those who believe in things that CANNOT exist.
things that CANNOT be true even in the ways that THEY try and explain.
If, scientifically, the object or being cannot possibly be real in any way.
of course, its much simpler to evaluate the persons attitude or mindset rather than do some kind of experiment, because, like I’ve said before, those people tend to fabricate what they believe is true, and come up with some story of “their own experience” and talk people into believing it.

XwolfbrowX; until not so very long ago, lucid dreams where in the same realm as what you are speaking of now… until LaBerge and Keith Hearne could demonstrate empirical proof…

But now we know your view, it’s not helpful for this topic for you to keep reiterating it.

You know I’ve been wondering.
There seem to be a lot of evidence that SD really does exist and that a lot of people have done it already. Yet it is so hard to believe that this is true (may I remind everyone that there are as many reports about men and women who got abducted by aliens…)
The question is: What does it really take to make this something believeable just like lucid dreaming?
Hence, if this has really been proven, why isn’t this bigger? I mean, we’re talking about SD!
On the other hand, lucid dreaming never really made it to the big news either.
But, we all can agree that lucid dreaming does exist and that it’s scientifically proven.

I guess for SD you have to experience it yourself in order to make it real.
My problem is that if I keep telling myself that it’s not real, I feel like I’m missing out on this. So, open mindedness does help :wink:

It finally happened to me!

Since years ago, I have believed in shared dreaming. My father (who by the way has always thought that dreams were stupid) had a shared dream with his wife a long time ago. He was shocked and his wife was shocked when they woke up and looked at each other and both started telling what they already both knew what happened in the dream. And my oldest sister who is a natural LD’er has had a few shared dreams with a couple of friends. So I was always so amazed and just a believer, but now finally I KNOW.

This is what happened:
I had a dream that I was talking to an acquaintance. I hardly know this guy and his wife except that he and his wife are into dreaming and stuff. I really have only met him 2 times and have talked to him for no more than 30 minutes tops since I met him less than 2 years ago.
Well I dreamed of talking to him, and when I woke up I checked my facebook, and what a surprise! he sent me a message with the subject: dream?

he says, hey, I had a dream you were in and we were talking, do you remember?
:eek:

So I’m really excited about this because so many times I have dreamed of people and ask them about it, but they don’t remember anything and the same vice versa.

So this is a huge success in my journey of dreams! :grin:

btw, I was not lucid, but still we met and talked in dreamtime!