Character Assisted Lucid Dreaming...CALD part VII

I wonder: can using a conbination of daydreaming and your MCs (Ive adopted mecha’s acronym) influence the structure of your dreams? For example, if you want to incubate a dream, I could, for exanple, daydream that i was running through a forest being chased by some animal (maybe a panther) and enter a clearing. I turn around just as the panther pounces. I hear a thud, and see an arrow appear from the panther’s shoulder. My MC (who ís an avatar/Na’vi, whichever you perfer) steps out of the shadows with a bow in his hand. He then tells me I’m dreaming.

In order to make this work, and it still might not, as it is only a theory and has not as of yet been tested, the daydream must be as vivid as you can get it. It should also have an element of the dream that is interesting and/or exciting (hence the panther example), and not just boring ( you wouldnt want to choose doing homework/paperwork as the plot of the dream, unless doing those activities is the most exiting thing you can think of). You also need your MC in some point in the dream to appear and remain with you, not just simply have s/he pop up, tell you youre dreaming, and leave. And, of course, the most important aspect is having your MC convince you you’re dreaming.

@blush: Can you elaborate on what power you thought you had over your dreams as a kid?

I thought that my actions during the day would determine what kind of dream I would have at night, mainly deciding whether I would have a “good dream” or a nightmare. If I went to sleep facing my wall directly beside my bed I had a good dream, but facing my room I would have a nightmare. If decided to have a nap during the day my sleeping position would have an inverse effect.

I also would always sleep with my bible to keep nightmares away; thus came the idea of sin creating nightmares.

No matter how many times this system proved itself I always doubted it on some level.

And Ninja, I’m a tad confused my the term MC; what does it mean?
Blush*

That seems like a good idea. Maybe I could try that with WBTB. I have better visualization skills when I’m extremely tired, so it might not work as well if I try to do it while I’m falling asleep.

Short for ‘Mind Character’, to help differentiate them from ordinary DCs or SGs. (although there’s absolutely no reason why a MC can’t also be a DC or SG as well)

Thank you Mecha.

If you decided to have an OBE could you contact your MC like you could in a Lucid Dream?

Blush*

sorry Blush, mecha beat me to answering the MC question. Also, as a modification to the theory/technique that I’m working on, you also need to have your MC visualize it also. Note: It is VERY important that both you and your MC are 100% ready and willing to do this. If not, then dont attempt it untill you are, as it will have negative affects on its outcome. The point of this technique is to help your MC out. It seems prety unfair if you do almost no work short of the regular induction methods and your MC has to do it all. As a tip for the visualization, slow and steady does win the race. Think of the scene as if you were a game designer building a world. Imagine one aspect at a time, build a model of one tree in your mind. Once its done, populate the area with that tree, and your mind will actually do the hard work for you by creating each tree slightly differently, instead of looking exactly the same. Then move on creating as many objects as you want, saving your MC and other moving people or animals for last.

Blush, I have no Idea, I have no experience in that area.

Wow…I’ve been away for ages. Haven’t forgot anyone, though. Cool to see new faces around the CALD topic :happy:

As for the file…let’s see if I can tie up loose ends tonight, and upload it. Where should I upload it, I’m not sure how to do that, lol.

Had an interesting experience with my mind characters. Basically, we were sent into a time warp, and during the ‘years’ we were in the time warp, a group of mysterious people began working on something called the ‘Utopia Project.’ It was their plan for the people living on Eternos to live in a high-tech, futuristic setting so people can live their dreams. It only felt like we (me and about 10 billion other people on Eternos) were there for a few days, but it turns out they’ve been working on it for 300 years. I was stuck in the warp for an extra 6 months, so my characters have settled in, whereas I’m still warming up. When I first arrived in Eden (the name of the utopian, futuristic city), I was astounded to see the growth of technology. I went to spend my time touring the 50 mile city; and it turns out you can travel miles using hyperspeed tubes. I went to the Dream Park, where there’s a futuristic arcade, and it has an amazing atmosphere at night (it was evening, but not dark. Haven’t got that far yet). Eden is fully protected by a group of guards known as the Public Safety Regiment (or PSR for short), so there’s little to no chance of intruders/criminals. I haven’t met up with my characters yet, but I’m sure I’ll find them soon.

It’s weird - I know I’m IN the city, but for some reason when I visualise it there’s barely any detail; just the detail that it important (e.g: Hyperspeed Travelling Tubes). I just can’t visualise the panorama of the buildings, or the path I’m walking on, while walking past futuristic areas. Maybe I should find some pictures for inspiration, or I should gradually build up areas that I think look good.

It was an incredible daydream scenario though - I look forward to see what my mind comes up with next.

To visualize it better, try this: The textures and lighting are two of the most important things. first determine how bright the overall thing is, then go into greater detail; what shadows to the lights cast? Dont go into too much detail, as your brain can only absorb so much. Then move on to textures; even simple things we take for granted like concrete should be visualized. Then put the lighting and textures together. The sky counts as a texture; is it starry or blue with wispy clouds? If you hit a dead end, describe the scene using adjectives with sensory detail as if you were describing the scene in a novel. When your virtual 3D scene is complete, walk through it as if you were invisible to give it that 3D quality. As a last step, hit the “play” button and add movement to the scene.

Wow, there are so many people reading this topic and not bothering to post. People, dont be shy, if you have questions and/or comments, post them! Do it. NOW. You know you want to. yOUu wilL PoSt iN tHis ToPIC!!

YES MASTER

This is some excellent Information Ninja, I’ll be sure to use this.

Can you clarify something for me? These visualization techniques, are they for WILD, WBTB, CALD? How do you use them? How can you use them? What are the limits (sorry if that’s a stupid question)?

Thank you again
Blush*

Wow.

Right now I have discovered I have developed character of my own long time ago.
I thought I am crazy or something, but I talk with myself. A lot. But… second me has completely different opinions than me and … well gives me different point of view at various things.

I had no idea how useful for lucidity it can be.
I’ll try that soon. :smile:

First of all, 100% not a stupid question. I would do the visualization techniques before bed after a talk with your MC. Remember, you and your MC are supposed to repeat the visualization (after youve gotten it as vivid as can be) probably 5-10 times, but you can do it more if you want. You might also add in a mantra (eg I Will dream about insert a few words that summarize the visualized dream). In a way, youre doing MILD, but with video and instead of saying i will become lucid, youre incubating a dream. Once youve done all this, it will be up to your MC to plant that dream in your SC. If you do the same visualized dream every night, then the chances of succieding will incerease geometrically. Then you may attempt your normal induction method.

@Eloge: Give it a face, and youve practically got a complete character! Now you can skip the whole creation process and head straight into having intellectual debates with yourself :tongue: and inducing LDs.

Sorry for the double post, but If youre going to try this CALD tweak, post youre resultsm because I have horrible recall and cant tell if it worked.

As a summary of this CALD tweak, if I’ve been confusing you with my scattered posts, The object is to Induce a dream through visualization and (optional) mantras. Once the dream is very vivid, it is repeated over and over inside your head as if you were watching a movie 5-10 times. Then your MC will help plant the seed of that dream into your SC for you to increase your odds dramatically.

Ninja, you can use the Edit button on your previous post and then add in the new text, instead of double posting :smile:

@Mattias: How goes it, Mattias? Did you give any further attention to your character since we last spoke? How is she doing?

@Ninja: Something like a VILD then? I like the way you explained it.

@Elonge: Nah, you’re not crazy, well, not at least unless we all are. :wink: Like Ninja said, you’ve made a character without realizing it; all you have left to do is to either associate a face with it or allow it to choose what it wants to look like.

@Terra: You’re awesome for doing that project. Thanks so much. I would recommend MegaUpload or Hotfile to start out with. Dedicated hosting would be better, but they are my favorite free hosts. HF will host for 90 days before deleting it if no one downloads, and MU will do the same if you’re a free user. Also, 4Shared will host it unlimitedly as long as you log in once every 30 days or so.

Your experience seems very interesting. It reminds me of when Crystal ended up having to relive her life because her sister caused them to both be killed, and I had to be there for the first 18 years of her life, even if I did just randomly pop in and out of various points in her life intermittently. Were you actually ‘there’ for that period of time?

@Everyone: Wow, this thread is so active lately. You guys make me happy with how you’re all so talkative. I’m sure Talon would be excited were she here.

not really… :sad: As I expected I just kinda forgot about her and let it go… oh well, as I thought when I created her, now she’s created so who knows, she might ust surprise me and pop up in a dream :wink: (that would be awesome)

And yeah, Talon will have pages and pages to read through :tongue:

tsi’leik: Wonderful ninja. Way to go.

Yes i know, thank you for your truly motivating remarks.
I just found out I recreated the wheel. Im stunned. After looking up VILD, I realized that I made a technique more or less exactly like pedro’s VILD, just integrating my MC into it. What a fail. Im ashamed.

@Matt: I’m sure she’ll show back up at the right time. Crystal doesn’t grace my dreams terribly often, but she always pops in IRL when I need her, even if I don’t realize it at the time.

@Ninja: Don’t worry about it. The fact that you’re creating things like this (reinventing the wheel or not) means you’re already a step ahead of a lot of people. Keep up finding and doing what works for you, and keep sharing it with the rest of us as well. :wink:

Wow, much too long since I’ve posted on here. Glad to see we have some new people interested again, and we’re well on our way to part VIII :tongue:. I like the idea of that VILD/CALD cross. I’ve used both techniques but never really put two and two together. Well though :content:.

So my most recent experience with The Doctor was a bit of a laugh. In one of my last LD’s I went into the TARDIS fully expecting another big adventure. When I got in, he had some things rearranged and he was having dinner with some random DC’s I had never met before. When I asked if he was ready to go he said he’d be a minute because he had some company over :tongue: .

So tell me, how do your MC’s interact with random DC’s across your dreamscape. Do they get all buddy-buddy when you’re not looking, are they anti-social or do they simply prefer the company of sentient life?

Ah well. At least that knocks the uncertainty if it will even work factor out of the equation. The least i can do now is tell how to do a VILD/CALD technique. You and your MC are supposed to do the VILD technique together. If you decide to go with pedro’s origional example, (which can be found here: ww.The BIG VILD Topic - Part I) then the friends should instead be your MCs. Both you and your MC must be 100% ready and willing to put effort into this. Plus, if you can make a high quality vivid visualazation of the dream to be incubated a few times before even starting the technique, it will work better and be easier to visualize with greater detail when actually doing the technique.

Oh, and by the way, where is Talon?