How can I get into my dreams/lucid dreams quick then usual?

Morning World: So last night, I had trouble sleeping, and this is what happend: I went to bed like 9:40pm. For me, it’s takes some time to dose off into my dream state. But last night, It was too long! Yeah, so I went to bed around 9:40pm and Im still awake around 11am! ( I looked at the clock) I finally doszed off into my dream world, around 3AM. And I woke up at 6:40AM on the dot. ( Looked at the clock when I woke up) Now, it’s 7:39Am here. I remember i slept on my right side, IDK if that does anything! So as you could see, every night it takes me too long to go into that state of mind. Any tips to let me go to sleep faster and dream? And do stuff before I go to bed? How long does it take you to get in the dream world? :content:

Hi Dreamgirl !

Yeah, you should do some sport so that you are tired and night and fall asleep a lot easier. IF you don’t do any activity during the day and if you didn’t consume your engery, you won’t be able to sleep. Try WILD - that technique uses the “fall asleep conciously” method. You could also try WBTB. But as I said, all of these require the body to be tired so that it can fall sleep.

A laptop can’t shut down by itself if it still has some battery power left - you need to use that up. The same for you and the same for everyone. Do sport people ! :content:

Good luck with that !

PS: Ha ha ! I beated FunkyFreddo with the clicking now ! :grin:

Not completely true! :tongue: Trust me, I do nothing all day long :sad: (I know I should do some exercise lol) and I fall asleep fine. Using up all your energy and making your body very tired will help, sure, but “you won’t be able to sleep” was a bit too much IMHO :wink: You might even be so tired that you dive into a very heavy sleep, which only makes lucidity harder…

One thing I do to fall asleep, besides trying to relax my mind and body as much as I can, is find a comfortable position and stay there as long as I can. Everytime you roll over the timer resets. Have you noticed that when you have insomnia you almost always keep rolling around and changing positions? Well, I do, at least…

Try self hypnosis.
Relax yourself and tell yourself (in your head) that you are going deeper into relaxation, with every new breath you take…give yourself suggestions like that, it helps me a lot. It helped Download once, too, if I’m not mistaken. He had the same problem.

I haven’t tried that in a while, but when I did use that, I used to fall asleep in matter of seconds!
Another thing I sometimes do (if you don’t want to go with self-hypnosis) is just tell myself to relax (in my head, again) and i really do. Just exhale and you should feel your body loosening.

You would be surprised at how tense you are when you’re not thinking about it.
It helps me with thinking and even some things like walking on a narrow space, like a rail. Yup, it’s wondrous :happy:

And yes, like mattias said, try to fight your urge to roll. Every time you roll over, you linger the process of falling asleep.

Hope it helps…enjoy :smile:

I have never had a problem falling asleep, until recently. :sad: I’ve talked to different people and even here on this site, I’ve noticed that there are more folks that have a hard time lately falling asleep. I wonder what’s up in the universe. I figured maybe us insomniacs are sensing something is about to happen but we don’t know what, our subconscious knows though. Maybe we are sort of in tune with it, but without the knowledge? Hmm I think I will try meditating for half an hour before going to sleep.I haven’t slept properly in a week now. I feel for you dreamgirl, good luck, maybe try meditating too. Tell me if it works for you.

I think it’s the summer.
I’m usually great at falling asleep, but I too have had trouble this month.
Not the last few days, tho. It’s colder again (23 right now).

I find that I have an easier time LDing when I’m not actually focused on attaining lucidity.

Keep doing reality checks, especially when you wake up. They’ll come in handy during false awakenings, which (so far) has been the only time I’ve become lucid.

Good luck! :content:

Since it’s the summer I do very little, xD but I have no trouble falling asleep, just don;t go to bed until your tired? :smile: or take night time cold medicine… lol but for a long lasting effect I’d do what the others say and ware yourself out during the day :smile:

Damnit Don, you beat me!! Mumbles crazily xD

Yeah, well then you’re the kind of laptop with very little battery power. That is you can’t store much energy in yourself and thus sleep well. But I bet that if you would use up your energy would sleep much better and thus have better chances of a WILD :wink:

He he… at least once. Come on Freddo, you beat me twice. At least once I had to bead you :happy:

Now, everyone who says they fall asleep without physical effort I bet that if they would at least jog for two hours in the parc, their chances to have an LD or to do a WILD would increase very much.

One more thing, don’t get tooo exhausted, because the muscles can’t support if you exhaust them too much, and they will hurt so you won’t fall asleep. Try a jog every evening for two hours, two weeks time, huh ? :smile:

I agree with Don. On nights when I bike for 1-2 hours, I fall asleep much easier than on nights when I don’t.