Author  Message 
oooobs
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 - so far ;)

Missed the Most Obvious Sign! First Post Ever =]
PostPosted: Mon 26 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

Hi everyone, it's great to be here smile

So, I'm very new here. I learned about lucid dreaming about 3 days ago and ever since i have been very interested in this phenomenon. I had a strange experience in a dream last night. a strange and very annoying experience. But i think i am getting closer to becoming lucid! i will bold the annoying part of my post for convenience if you don't wanna read it all.

This was my dream:

I was transported to a neighborhood like my own, i knew this because i had a feeling of security and familiarity with the area, however now that i think about it it looked nothing like my reality-neighborhood in WL. i decided i would stay in a random beautiful house i found for the night. I entered the house, and for some reason it had a hospital wing. I decided this unconventional area - that seemed completely real to me at the time - was the perfect place to retire for the night. i woke up shortly after and when my eyes came into vision i saw; *queue bold text!*

a big, clear, jar; filled with white, creamy liquid that said on the front in bold text Lucid Dreaming Solution - Drink Me

annoying part - I did not drink the liquid.

i think this is what you guys call a dream sign?

any feedback and constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Regards,

oooobs

StarryGwee
Meeep meep
Dream Deity
StarryGwee has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 100+

Hey oooobs

A dream sign is something you constantly dream about. Haha but that dream was pretty cool! Don't worry about it, it just means you're closer to getting a LD!
One time I had a dream about a "Lucid piecake restaurant" and there was a lady about to serve me some piecake..but I didn't eat it! hand voor hoofd

Current LD goal(s): Visit: Imladris, Lothlórien, Hobbiton.
oooobs
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 - so far ;)

Hahaha,

Seems like our dream selves can be pretty dumb at times.

well then i HOPE it will become a dream sign and i wont be some dumb next time tounge2

the strange thing was i got this overwhelming sense that there was enough liquid in the jar to last me every night for at least the next year .

also another strange thing about my dream recall. this may not be strange to you though :

i woke up several times during the night cause i said i would wake up after dreams that night (mantra style). It actually worked in retrospect. i woke up heaps which is uncharacteristic for me. but i couldn't remember anything when i woke up. but then this morning i remembered the aforementioned dream that i know happened sometime during the middle of the night.

I'm going to keep at this until i get it down.

i once read "You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives."

=] lucid dreams, here i come.

FunkyFreddo
Almost Lucid
Somniologist
LD count: Zilch.

Haha nice one man! Getting close! Same here :D

It's cool that the mantra's worked for you!! And "Lucid dreaming solution" Thats a new one xD and a hospital wing? lmao, was it like bigger on the inside? XD

and you dreamt you fell asleep in a dream? a dream within a dream, INCEPTION!!! lol
Good luck :D

Pseudomaniac
OH SNAP!
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2 low, 2 mid

I had a dream once where I was discussing the difference between lucid dreams and OBEs with a purple-skinned bearded man and never once thought I might be dreaming.

ThePuddingEarl

PostPosted: Tue 27 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

had something like this happen with me this morning, except i was dreaming i was having a lucid dream only i don't remember at all if i became truly lucid, when i woke up the first thing to come to mind was "God damn it!"

though from the sound of it i should be thankful for this is the closest i have been to a lucid dream (not had one yet)

L.Dreamer13
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Wed 28 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

Pseudomaniac wrote:
I had a dream once where I was discussing the difference between lucid dreams and OBEs with a purple-skinned bearded man and never once thought I might be dreaming.

lach1
Thats very funny. Over the years I have missed some crazy signs myself. The big sign that finally made me realize I was dreaming and gave me my first LD was my nans head turning into a giant babies and rolling her tongue all the way to the carpet lol.

oooobs you should definitely try to get your hands on that liquid smile Maybe enforce the idea that you will drink the liquid the next time you see it. It could be your own personal reality check.

Qu
present in silence
Site Admin
Qu has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: lost uhm lots

hey oooobs, welcome ^^
your name reminds me of Dr Who some how with the eeuuuds or however you write that.

you might want to share your story here too: http://ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36169 <- most obvious missed dreamsign topic.

but since a discussion has evolved around this one I'm not going to merge it into that topic. smile

having said that, your dream reminds me of one I had where I was in a classroom and noticed a big glass "valve" in the floor, with a sign next to it: "Lucid dream, enter here" or something similar I didn't enter it

I wouldn't say your dream was a dreamsign, but more a sign your subconscious is picking up on your desire to become lucid. I would classify this as a prelucid dream smile

BostonFan1
LD count: 6

"LucidOn; Apply Directly to the Brain."

I know the feeling.

Here is a tip; the first time I started trying to LD, I had TONS of FLDs. I literally had Oodles of FLDs. At least one a night. So i let LDing go for about 5 days. Didn't try, didn't visit LD4all.

The day I began trying again, I had my first LD after one week.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 1

print   ShareShare