Is lucid dreaming gaining in popularity?

It might be just me, but I’ve been noticing a lot more interest in dreaming lately, even before inception came out. I saw an episode of American Dad recently which used lucid dreams as a plot device. While I didn’t particularly like the episode, it still was interesting that it mentioned lucid dreams by name, and gave a (somewhat) accurate representation of them. I also saw a popular user on youtube complaining about how people keep mentioning to him how you can do anything in dreams, then goes on to describe some frustrating dreams they had. I know his portrayal was negative, but the fact that enough people talked to him about dreams that he brought them up in a video says something. And then there is of course the obvious example of Inception, which will probably cause a large number of people to become lucid dreamers.

Has anyone else noticed lucid dreams becoming more popular lately?

Yeah ! Don’t you know the new movie called “Inception” ?! They’re even making movies about LD’ing. Indeed… LD’ing is gettin’ really popular ! :wink:

To be honest to a certain extent yes but everybody I have ever talked about it to over the last 10 years almost all say the exact same thing “I can do that anyway!” Now either most people in Ireland are naturals or most think they are in control of dream where in truth their just watching. I wish Lucid Dreaming became more widespread it would lead to more research and hopefully more shortcuts to LDing but until people realize that LDing is completely different to normal dreams the popularity will never soar.

I never hear any talk about it…we’ll see if that changes at all with Inception. I don’t think LDing will ever become too popular…most people will always find it a waste of time. so many people I talk to don’t even remember their dreams, nor care, nor see why dreams might matter. until there’s money in it…

yes most people I talk to say they can, but I know they can’t just by listening to them. It’s kind of sad that they hide the truth when actually trying to LD may have become one of their favourite things.

There is only one person I know who can truely do them as we used to talk about dreaming a lot and he is quite interested in dreaming a a whole.

I was the only one probably out of 100,000 people in my town that acutually knows what LD’ing is, just a guess. until i told like 5 people