The FILD tech (was HILD) part III

After last night^ I tried the 61 point relaxation technique. What a masterpiece!! I didn’t even get to the 5th point before I remember dreaming, but I lost focus and fell asleep. Anyway, now that I know I can relax, I’ll try some different stuff. Gonna take a midday nap pretty soon, I’ve been working out in the heat. Should I use a different technique for naps?

Didn’t work for me last night, but my alarm clock is across the room from my bed, so I had to get out of bed to turn it off, so that may be the issue. I also overslept the day before.

I was so close last night, but i had the strangest feeling that my consciosness was leaving my WL body and entering my dream body but after that it went away cus i must have got excited. That hapened like 3 times then i fell asleep.

Hey, that’s pretty good! :smile: Just keep trying and you’ll get there.

Next time you feel your consciousness going to your dream body try to imagine you really are there and try to feel and use your senses. Do this by simply imagining. In this state imagined sensations become really vivid quick and then you have something to hold onto in the dream world as it stabilizes around you.

What i just realized is if i would have done a RC at that moment my consciosness would have been enough in the dream that it would have probably worked (the reality check). i will try that tonight.

This sounds like a really cool technique. I’ll try it tonight and report in on how it went tomorrow.

Last night I tried this technique, without any prior lucid dreaming experience. Went to bed at 5:15 AM (yes terrible sleeping schedule) and woke up at 10 AM. I’m always really drowsy when I wake up, but I somehow remembered why I was awake.

I was lying face down and after disabling my alarm I was too tired and drowsy to roll around on my back, so I just started the finger technique with my fingers in the air. I think it took me 3-5 seconds before I started seeing vague images and hearing sounds.

I then saw a huge yellow perfect-shaped arrow in front of me, and after waiting for a bit I remembered reading about how you need to “try and step into images” when nothing happens. So I tried really hard to move into it, I even vaguely remember trying the nose breathing RC somewhere (but can’t remember the outcome) and kept telling myself I had to get in that arrow to start my lucid dream.

The very next moment I’m wide awake in my bed and can’t move my body. Since I never got SP before I’m panicking and start screaming my lungs out, and my mother runs into my room very worried. The end.

After sleeping some more hours and waking up, the first thing I did was walk up to my mom and ask her if I woke up screaming. She said she didn’t know what i’m talking about, so the last part didn’t actually happen.

I’m pretty confused now what actually happened. Was I on the edge of lucid dreaming? Or was I just having a “normal” dream where my mind processed all the information I read the night before?

Okay, so it didn’t go too well last night. When I woke up from the alarm, I shut it off and got back in bed and then I go blank. I think I forgot to do the finger thing so that was probably the problem. At least I’ve got loads of time to keep trying it.

Zeal, your mother entering your room was a dream, or simply a hallucination, you get lots of those in SP. Sinse you were in SP you didn’t actually scream out loud.

You seem to have gotten close, keep trying :smile: If you get SP again, try to relax and focus on the images you see. If you end up panicking again, there is no use screaming or trying to move, that only makes things worse. If you really want to get out of SP I recommend breathing faster. After a few seconds of that you should be free. :wink:

Hi, I was trying this method last night. I went to bed and tried to relax and then moved my fingers being careful to ot use much energy. I tried once, and dind’t work, so I waited for some time (maybe 5 mins) the tried again and while moving my fingers I saw an image with white, black and purple, forming circles and squares, I saw it for just 1 second because it was freaking scaring. My heart then started beating very fast and I had to wait to get relaxed again. (I say relax, but I was tired all the night) I thought it was something that almost never happens, so I tried again and the same thing happened. I was freaked out.

Then I decided to stop trying for the night.

What was that image I saw? Is it normal? Any suggestion?
I’ve never had a LD, so this may be the closest attempt.

That image was HI :grin: It’s normal, and it’s also normal to freak out! :lol: There’s nothing to worry about, it’s just in your mind. Give it another try and see what happens. After you experience it a few times you’ll start getting more comfortable and it won’t scare you anymore. You can see some really cool HI and if you just stay relaxed and passively observing them they should turn into a LD!

Hargart, I salute you!

Got my first real LD 3rd time I tried this:P
~Long post`
first time I wasn’t tired enough
same with the second

I got up with autosuggestion(ftw) at about 7:40, I got the sudden urge to not move my body and move my fingers, then I remembred, so I started counting the movements, and when I got to 5, I felt I was spinning around my bed and got thrown out real bad, I opened my eyes, and I thought I’m definately in an LD since it was kinda blurry, I did the nose RC and what do you know, I’m in.(matrix reference haha) I immediately screamed increase lucidity and it got much much more vivid, although I was having the same problem as my last LD which was I was blinking a lot kinda when you just got up after 3 hours of sleep(I slept at 2:30 am yesterday so I think I got enough sleep, not sure why that keeps happening)but it went away after a while, I got to my balcony and stood up on it, thinking “I have to fly this time”, the weather was kinda cloudy but I immediately screamed(I was like super excited by now, I think I should have woken up by then)“Make it rain!” It rained, but I wasn’t satisfied, so I screamed “MAKE IT RAIN HARDER!” bam there was this immense rain almost like a waterfall, so I decided to fly, I tried superman but I couldn’t, and I wasn’t thinking of swimming in the air, so I just jumped, but I floated to the ground, to my surprise. I saw someone and I suddenly had a knife in my hand, I stabbed him(I think I was semi-lucid? not sure why I stabbed him) and went running to some outdoors holding cells, where people are escaping because of some plague, I saw 3 “standing-out” criminals which turn out to be “~some name i can’t remember~ sisters” I kill them all(fully lucid again :spinning: )and I go to some train station where a subway was stopping, I got in I talked with someone, I asked him if he is my subconscious, he said yes :happy:, after that I asked him some random questions to which he said no before I even finished(I knew he was lieing though), after I got out at some stop, the man followed me and some little kid, whose face seemed familiar but I can’t remember it now for the life of me, We took some stairs, when I turned around that “man” became my real life friend, and he suggested we should make these kids throw themselves out the stairs, he talked to the kids, but I can’t remember what happened after that, some blackness in my mind, and then I aWaken…

tl;dr tried fild, got thrown out of “bed”, got an awesome lucid dream.

Wow, that is amazing! I just woke up and tried it, and I sat there, and after about a minute, I felt my whole body shudder and I felt my eyes move in REM. Then my heart started beating really fast, but then the REM went away when I didn’t know what to do. Since I clearly know when I am in REM, how should I transition into the dream. It seems like I’m too conscious when the REM is happening to try to sit up and do a reality check, but if I wait too long, it goes away. Any suggestions?
I’m a newbie, and that’s by far the furthest I’ve gotten with any method, so I think that’s really cool.

I will try this tonight. I tried it last night without falling asleep first. I fell asleep, and lost focus, but I will try this tonight and hope the results are good. Ill post back tommorow. Wish me luck :smile:!

Welcome Muted LD! :wave: Why don’t you go and introduce yourself to the community in the big “Hi,I’m new here” topic ^^

If you lose focus, you should try to relax a little more and keep slightly more focus on the fingers wriggling.
Good luck for your next attempts! :smile:

I’m going to try tonight. But I’m really freaking out when I read about those old hag syndrome things. Bleh I think when I feel a little weird I stress out because I really don’t want to meet an OLD HAG ! :eek:
Anyway I do really want to have a LD …
anyone got some tips?

And also: Hi i’m new.
xd

Welcome Paranoid-Android! :wave: Introducing yourself to the community in the big “Hi,I’m new here” topic is a healthy part of your daily LD4all surf ^^

There’s no point in fearing such things, as the old hag is an illusion, just as all the rest is. People can get scared of all the weird sensations, but as long as they’re harmless, it can be exciting and even funny in a way :tongue:

Not to mention a LD is something that can be completely unrelated from the old hag and the process of falling asleep in general, you just have to realize it’s a dream while you’re in one :content:

Okey thanks for the quick response !
And I introduced myself so thats done.

Anyway I’m gonna try FILD tonight, because I’m quite tired right now, but, I’m also gonna use my alarm for ‘late night waking up for FILD’.

so… I tried it but I failed ! :open_mouth:

I woke up after 3 hours of sleep… I wasn’t very tired and couldn’t really get rid of the I HAVE TO GO SLEEP NOW idea…

How many hours of sleep before waking up is the best? and, how can I get rid of that idea… maybe just be very tired…?

You can’t scream when you are in SP, so you were actually dreaming :content: