Lucid Dreaming and the Third Eye

I’m not very supersticious, but I actually think the whole Third Eye theory is pretty interesting. I have nothing to lose. In fact, I’ve had some, well, interesting things happen to me throughout my entire life. Just, please, if you are going to say that the whole Third Eye stuff is crap that people made up, don’t bother. I’ve heard enough of that already.

Anyways, in the centre of your brain is something called the Pineal Gland. It’s about the size of a pea, and we still don’t know completely what it can do. Some scientists think that it is basically like a Third Eye, but it only works once it is awakened.

I looked up how to awaken the Pineal Gland, and I came up with a lot of different techniques. Crap techniques. I mean, 90% of the people who said how to awaken it were probably faking. So I started to wonder… what if lucid dreaming could do the trick? I don’t know what to do in the lucid dream (maybe ask to awaken the Pineal Gland or something), but it seems like a decent theory.

Opinions please?

Seems pretty interesting.

I think the Pineal Gland is primarily responsible for Melatonin production, helping us get to sleep and dream, which might be why some people lean towards that as a possible “Third Eye”… If that’s the case, I believe it’s largely regulated by the amount of light in your environment. Turn off the lights, Activate your Pineal gland… ?

I think a more likely culprit might be the Amygdala? But realistically I would lean towards a more complex system of inter-working parts that produce the typical ‘third eye’ results…

As for using Lucid Dreams to “Awaken” the Third Eye, I think that’s a wonderful Idea. With neither the external distractions, and the more fluid states/frames of mind, you’ll already be in a position that others might need deep meditation or other ritual or mind-altering conditions to achieve.

Once you’re Lucid, you can trust that whichever brain parts might be responsible, you’re personal image of what the Third Eye is, and what you might wish to accomplish by Activating it, is already some form of mental structure, and you can creatively script a scenario or event to do so.

I think I may try this myself by adding it into the Find your Symbol quest, such that when I find my symbol, part of that finding will be to activate or ‘increase ability’ to the ‘third eye’; Then when I’m awake, I can focus on that dream and symbol, or maybe turning it special direction, to help tune in or out any third eye activites or messages.

third eye is not fisical, it has fisical contrapart, but it’s not the main thing.
You don’t have to belive in it, it’s just like lucid dreams you have to prove it.
But it’s not quite easy like having LDs.

I practice shamanism. And i had some experiencies with third eye like seing other places, and things that are not visible to the naked eye.

At first you may say that is a halucination, but when you hear others that were with you saying the same thing, without you saying anything to them, you start to belive. The limitation here is our rationality, that always wants to explain what happened with things that we already know. But this is something that we don’t even know that we don’t know.

Sorry for the bad english, i’m brazilian

very interesting topic, but Im kinda new at these terms, and what is a third eye? What can it do, and is it you in your lucid dreams? Like the things you are seeing? Maybe somebody can help me with this? :happy:

Occultists believe that the third eye is a vortex of power located in the middle of the forehead. They say it gives people the ability to see the future, or ghosts. Or even that daydreaming and imagination use the third eye, too, which sounds to me kind of like stretching the definition, but if so then yeah it can also refer to things you are seeing in a dream.

For people like me who aren’t natural lucid dreamers, though, it helps to focus my thinking on one thing as I fall asleep. Supposedly, if you think of something over and over again as you sleep like “baseball, baseball, baseball” then you’ll dream of playing baseball. Or, you’ll dream of being at a fancy party full of werewolves, and think “…ball, baseball, baseball, what. am I doing here? I was just lying in my bed a minute ago thinking about baseball. How did I get to this party? Why are there werewolves? This is making no sense, it must be a dream!” Then it becomes a lucid dream.

I’ve used the location of the pit of my stomach to concentrate on, and woken up in a dream, so people who concentrate on the third eye may also become lucid that way. It’s the same method, just a different thing to focus on.

my friend any body who says shit about this, is quite frankly a dumb mofo!
the people of old knew it was there, yet people ridiculed them for thier beliefs!
these days sicence actually acknowledges that there is a Pineal gland
which produces certain types of chemicals, such as melatonin and a very powerful hallucinogenic chemical/molecule known as DMT, i like the idea of being about to activate this gland and trip balls:P

This is quite an interesting concept, as the main method I use to induce a WILD is to trigger a strange feeling inside my forehead which I can only describe as feeling like a black hole sensation. Like it is sucking inwards to the centre of it if that makes sense. As I fall asleep I’m still aware of this strange sensation as the other sensations then take over me that arn’t intentional such as that fuzzy feeling, a vibration like buzzing inside my headand eventually the feeling of being disconnected from my body. Now I know this isn’t OBE because every time I accomplish this, (which usually takes a little while to get my vision and motion back) I do not see my own body. So I can only assume I’ve drifted straight into a lucid dream. This happens almost instantly when I trigger this feeling in my forehead when I’m in the right state of mind to sleep. The best time for this is usually after waking up.

Now I don’t know much about a third eye and I’d say I was a little more skeptic than superstitious, but your topic here seems to draw some kind of shared connection with the method I’ve always used to WILD. I’m sure some of you out there may have experienced something similar or use the same technique as I do. I’d be curious to know if anyone else can relate to an experience that may link to this topic somehow.

Sounds like a cool idea. I’ve never really done much research on the third eye, but I know that people like to concentrate on when attempting to LD or AP.

Random fact: for a few days a couple of months ago, I kept getting an intense feeling where the third eye is, like a burning sensation, but only when I was meditating or relaxing.

Drug related post before this removed :ysim:
Dude… firstly, this post is a year and a half old (though I’m guilty of doing the same, and I agree there’s nothing wrong with it though I’m certain some people would disagree)… but you can’t come on here and as your first post tell people to take acid to “work their way up” to something. There are young people here man, we need to show some kind of responsibility, ya know?

That said, now that I’ve read the thread myself, it’s actually quite interesting… and here’s my take… I’ve heard of the pineal gland (though to say that scientists call it a 3rd eye is blatantly misinformative - this is the more spiritual interpretation). I’ve researched and practiced various techniques to arouse/open/stimulate or whatever other word you’d like to substitute… for example, if I’ve remembered correctly, one such technique describes the act of crossing your eyes, as if to focus both eyes on the spot just above the middle of the eyes (and if you try it you will see that it can be rather a strain) while having it open to the light (i.e. do it while looking at the sun, rather than in darkness).

The thought occurs to me that perhaps there is nothing occult, odd, or anything out of the normal with this supposed “3rd eye”, but that perhaps it could help govern internal imagery (normal imagination, not talking about dreams in particular) and that in focusing on that spot perhaps you could enhance the ability to visulalise. And anybody that has ever read “Think and Grow Rich” for example, will understand the potential benefits of being able to visualise CLEARLY and VIVIDLY… Maybe the teachings of the past mentioning the pineal gland came to refer to it as a “3rd eye” for such reasons, and through much misinterpretation, has come to be defined as hoaxey new-agey nonsense, when there could indeed be scientific merit that has as yet been uncovered to any appreciable extent? … I like to theorise on many things, I may be talking rubbish, but I think it’s certainly food for thought…

Just my 2 cents… well - actually pennies since I’m English :razz: