Dictionary - explanations of Acronyms like LD RC etc

NON-D or NOND: Non-Dreamer= a person who has not yet had a lucid dream

CALD - Computer Aided Lucid Dreaming… through computer programs.
or CILD - Computer Induced Lucid Dreaming

SILD - Sound Induced Lucid Dreaming… a sound que to “wake you” into a lucid state while in your dream.

Please can we stop it with all these -ILDs? I’m sick of it!

BH- brain hacking or
MH-mind hacking or
MM- mental manipulation or…something like that

definition: using a lucid dream to cause a change in your mental processes and /or abilities in waking life.

Please can we only add acronyms here after they become common use, not before?

relax r3, nobody is adding anything…these are just suggestions, i mean…isnt that what this thread is for? :bored:

any and all suggestions are welcome. Only the most commonly used acronyms are added to the dictionary. The last update to the diary can be found at the bottom of it’s post. The last update/addition was “Sun Jun 08, 2003 1:15AM”

Hi,

I would like to make a suggestion about two acronyms, FLD and ULD.

The explanation of both acronyms in the dictionary says:
FLD = False Lucid Dream - you fall asleep in a normal dream and you become lucid. You could be very lucid but still you think that the guy which fell asleep in the normal dream is the “real”, waking you.
ULD = Unaware Lucid Dream - you are NOT realizing that you’re dreaming but still you act like a lucid dreamer and do everything you want to do - you have the behaviour of a lucid dreamer, not the consciousness

However, if you read the forums you see that people use FLD in the same way as they use ULD: acting like an LD’er but not realizing you’re dreaming. Very few people report the go-to-bed-in-a-dream-and-then-get-lucid-experience.

So DreamAddict I would like to suggest that we adapt to the reality of the forums and change the meaning of FLD to the same as ULD. So they become just synonyms. This way nobody will be surprised when they scroll over the acronym FLD and then get a pop-up with a strange explanation that noone seems to use anymore.

On the other hand, I’ve really had dreams where I went to bed, fell asleep and had another dream. If anyone knows a good acronym for this kind of experiences, please let us know. Some time ago I saw the term “meta dreams” describing this experience (read here) , so maybe MD would be a good acronym?

good one brainhacker, i’ll change the acronyms.

hmm MD is a good acronym i think!

did you also become lucid in your MD’s?

we can call that LMD then? :wink:

Edit:

i was on a roll, added them all :cool:

Wow, thanks pasQuale! :cool_laugh:

BTW pasQuale, don’t forget to change it at the Dutch forum too - it’s them who made me see the problem :content:

I added the alternative definition to the dictionary here. :smile:

What about “Bathroom”

Bathroom - A term for a secret moderators forum on a message board :grin:

Did we forget to add the acronym NREM (non-REM) or am I dreaming right now? :eek:

If you’re dreaming, then I’m too because I just noticed it too :content:
Hehe sounds like a full blown SD to me :tongue:

[b][color=indigo]I’d like to suggest one…SC

Sub Conscious, cos I always type SC without thinking, and ppl always ask me wot it means

SC=Subconscious=•adj. of or concerning the part of the mind of which one is not fully aware but which influences one’s actions and feelings

there :content:

Also, I’d like to suggest SIM or SID for Successful Irvine Mission or Successful Irvine Dream. Definition? hehe ok…when PistGurl has succeeded with her mission of coupling repeatedly with Irvine

:grin: [/color][/b]

HH - hypnagogic hallucinations – vivid, often frightening, dream-like images and sounds experienced at REM sleep onset, usually accompanied by fear and anxiety; a characteristic feature of narcolepsy.

A description for NDE:

A so far unexplained phenomenon which occurs when people have nearly died. The person reports about travelling through a tunnel of light and meeting certain spiritual entities. This made some people believe a NDE shows a glimpse of the afterlife.

[b][color=indigo]pft

spam spam spam…sheesh

sorry, but you haven’t added SIM yet. Yoiu should get round to that![/b][/color]

Do you really expect it to happen frequently enough to merit an acronym? :content:

I’m just kidding. Seriously though, to be realistic, the acronyms should only represent common occurrences that apply to everyone. We can’t really have millions of shortcuts for every insignificant reason, or else half of the average post will have a dotted underline. :smile:

I do like your SC suggestion though. That one would be very handy.