Becoming a Lucid Dreamer :)

Hi everyone,

This is my first post :smile: I’ve just recently become interested in Lucid Dreaming for a few reasons!
1.I can do anything like FLY :happy:
2.I have a busy school year coming up so I might even be able to get extra study time in my dreams!
3. I can talk to deceased people I know
4. I can visit places I’ve always wanted to go :smile:

It seems like a very magical thing to me, and I remember 2 instances of having LDs as a little girl. I didn’t know what LDing was at the time, so I kind of just enjoyed the dream.

So here’s what Ive been doing to try to have a lucid dream.

I’ve been keeping a dream journal and setting my alarm early in the morning so I can wake
up and go back to bed. Last night I recorded 7 dreams, but I haven’t been able to pick out any dream signs yet.

I’m doing some reality checks by checking clocks, and I also keep a coin with me that has writing on it so I can see the text to tell if I’m dreaming. I also try to ask
“How did I get here?”

I’m a bit annoyed at myself right now, because last night I had a normal dream. I was giving someone my coin for some reason, but I didn’t look at the text! If I had only looked I would have had my first LD!!!

Anyway, if you have any tips for me please share :happy:

Thanks!

Ohhhh, so close! :smile: you’re doing all the right things, you could also try a method like WILd (A good variation of WILD is CWILD) and then you are guranteed to have a LD.

Good luck on your quest,
Rich :smile:

You are doing everything right, it’s just a matter of patience, and your method is very cool too, MILD. At this speed, you should be having a LD in some few weeks, but remember to not lose the patience.

Thanks for the advice!

Tonight I’m going to try a sort of mix of WILD and MILD, and a WBTB. I’ll post back on how it goes!

Good luck! I am also trying to LD myself. I found this technique that you might want to give a try… Its called DEILD, or Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream. Its where you go to sleep, and when you naturally wake up from that dream you don’t do anything, not even open your eyes. While doing this you repeat a mantra to yourself, and soon you will be dreaming again, and hopefully LDing.

I myself am going to try this technique tonight. Once again good luck!

Tip: Everyone had an LD at one point in their life, and didnt remember it. This means everyone is a natural LDer. No one is more gifted at LDing than you. Since you remembered natural LDs as a young child, this can solidify what I am saying to you. I have been in your spot, where I knew I had LDs as a child and only remembered one, but I just knew I had more. Think of it that way, when you remembered those LDs, this is your chance of understanding everything that you are giving yourself without you realizing it. So your just unlocking your LD potential when you remember the natural LDs you had, this is why it seems as though a natural LDer is more gifted than you, someone would say you are a natural LDer and this would give you enough confidence to seem as though your more gifted than others at LDs so you learned it faster.

I don’t totally agree with you. Some people learn LD’ing faster other slower. So some people have a “natural gift” for this thing. You are right, everyone had a LD at least twice in their life, but that doesn’t make you a natural. There are people better then you at this and achieve it faster and easier, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t achieve it yourself.

So some are better and some are not that good, but both can become lucidity masters, it’s all a matter of time.

If you keep a DJ and record every detail of the dream in it, then you are on your right way chocolate :wink: Keep up the good work !

Wow guys, I think I semi did it! It wasn’t all the way there, but I think I’m on the right path!!!

So it started where my friend and I were all a sudden at what looked like a Halloween party, but everyone had left and it was a mess. Right away I thought, “Hold on, how did we get here?” Then I realized that I didn’t know! I thought, “Am I dreaming?” And I didn’t know the answer.

My friend was kind of confused, and I told her, “I think this may be a dream!” Which made her more confused.

So then I decided to do a RC. I tried to stick a finger through my hand, and it didn’t work. Then I decided to plug my nose and see if I could breathe, and I could breathe! I don’t know why, but it didn’t register that I was for sure in a dream. So I was confused and just woke up soon.

So was this some sort of half lucid dream? I was so close! I didn’t know that I was dreaming, but I thought I might have been.[/right]

Doesn’t sound like you ever got lucid, but boy were you close. I think you can credit yourself a lot cos that was very good. Leave out the Hand-rc; It’s anything but fail proof. Stick to doing Nose RC’s and remember to always ask yourself “Is this a dream? Am I able to breathe through my nose?” when doing them. It’s the lack of effort in rc’s that cause them to fail even when they succeed.

You were really close though so hopefully you’ll get lucid next time :happy:

wow! welcome to ld4all and congrats!

That wasn’t a LD, but I’d say you couldn’t be closer to being lucid without being lucid :tongue: the ONLY thing that was missing was the click. But that’s just a detail! The whole questioning and “is this a dream?” that’s the most important. Great job! :smile:

It really reminds me of my first lucid dream after I joined ld4all, I told a DC “I think this might be a dream”, kinda insecure I’d sound stupid if it wasn’t! :lol:

Anyway, now you know what it feels like to breathe through your plugged nose, I bet next time you’ll get lucid right away.

Ugh, the same thing keeps happening! In my dream I do the plugging nose RC, and I can breath, but for some reason it doesn’t click that I’m dreaming! Please help D:

The most important thing in doing a RC is stopping and thinking about why you’re doing what you’re doing. The reason many people like to ask “what was I doing 5 minutes ago?” as a RC is because it makes you stop and think logically about what’s going on, in a time when logic is usually absent. So, as you do the RC in reality, stop and retrace your steps, and ask yourself why you felt it was a good idea to do a RC. Odds are pretty high at least one of those steps are going to get wheels turning in your dream. =D

This thread is amusing and motivates me :happy:
you are soo so close to lucid dreaming ^^

Hi everyone,

It’s been a loooong time! I figured it would be better to just revive this old thread rather that start a whole new one. Anyway, so all I posted above happened over the summer. Unfortunately, I got so caught up with school work that I never achieved that LD and honestly just forgot about it, until about a week ago since it’s winter break.

So right now I’m rather frustrated. I’m keeping a DJ, and doing RCs. But it seems that no matter how much I do I just can’t get lucid! In my dreams LDs don’t even cross my mind… Last night, I tried WBTB. I got up at 5am, and started browsing the forums. I couldn’t remember my dream I’d just had so I thought about some old ones, then tried to get back to bed. I started repeating my mantra, but this ANNOYING song was stuck in my head! Then my mind just kept wandering around, no matter how much I tried to keep thinking my mantra…

I’ve also tried WILD, but every time I try my eyes start to flutter restlessly and I just can’t do it…

Does anyone have advice? This is really important to me! Thanks!

I’m very unexperienced about LDing, but I have a theory. Could it be, that there is some kind of unconscious excitement or fear about LDing? Like that you are asking yourself what will happen if you get into a lucid nightmare or something like that.

Maybe this keeps you from doing the last little step. I did not want to LD. I knew about it, but was curious. As it happened I simply did a RC (without training before) and was immediately conscious I’m dreaming.

At that time I was in an extremely good mood. It was one day before christmas, everything in my life went right, was relaxed after one week of leave and another one yet to come.

Another thing I have on my mind: I really wanted to know what I’d see in the mirror when I’m dreaming. Maybe you should also have such a “task”, like “how does the coin look like in my dreams”, know what I mean? Something that gets you really nosy, so that even taking the coin out of your pocket will bring into conscious that you’re dreaming. You could also throw the coin away IRL now that you are used to it. When you take the yet thrown-away coin in your hands when dreaming, maybe this confusing situation could make you to become lucid.

Good luck. I’ll also try on now. Maybe we’ll see us over there. :cool: