increasing self-awareness?

i hear that being self aware in daily life can be extremely helpful in becoming lucid. how do you be self-aware? i dont think i understand the concept. thanks in advance!

The way that I understand being “self aware” in the waking life is to notice every subtle detail that you can pick up with your senses. For example, you don’t usually think about how your feet feel in your shoes while you’re walking. Being self aware is noticing how this feels. Another way to be self aware is to look around yourself and describe to yourself your environment. Everything from the smells to textures to emotions, you’re supposed to try to notice as much detail as possible and describe it internally.

It seems like this might be kinda tough just to do all of the time. From what I hear, however, it’s a lot easier once you’ve done it for a few days. It becomes second nature. I personally don’t practice this much, so I’m not sure, but that’s just what I know.

In any case, good luck, RDC.

i believe what you’re thinking of is lucid living. this is part two of the topic (link to first part is in the main post).