It worked, but I have two questions...

Well, I was in a popular supermarket called ASDA. Loads of weird stuff was happening like strange market stools. I saw someone who died about a month ago. Which made me know I was dreaming.

This was the second success I had. My first was just over two weeks ago.
Although it was more like Astral Projection from what I’ve read.

This one was an actual lucid dream.

I realized I was dreaming and thought of something. Suddenly EVERYTHING changed to what I was thinking instantaneously. For obvious reasons I was surprised. Then I tried changing something. I could, it worked sort of…

But I couldn’t change it fully! It kept changing back, and even then I hadn’t change it fully!

So, my first question is why was that happening?

After that, I felt a little strange, but then I can REMEMBER TRYING TO WAKE MYSELF UP AND IT WORKED. I DON’T KNOW WHY I DID IT.

I honestly have no idea why. Maybe something happened, but the fact is it was ME trying to wake myself up.

So… My second question is why in the hell would I try to wake myself up when everything was going so well?

I’m just shocked at the fact that’s happened.

So, anyone had anything similar to that?

Maybe I just thought it was my conscious mind but it was actually my subconscious? I don’t know.

Oh and all that happened in about 30 seconds!

The dream changed to what you were thinking, because dreams are your thoughts.

They sometimes make little sense.

As for why you woke up, maybe you just wanted to see if you could?

sometimes even the fleeting thoughts will have huge effects. maybe the thought was just “awake” or something very vague and your mind processed it and turned it into “wake up!” and made you do so in half a second before you could realize it? that’s my theory. perhaps the reaction your conscious mind briefly had (“i don’t want to wake up!”) solidified it and caused the awakening, if that makes sense.

Definitely didn’t want to see if I could because I know I can :razz:

I never have nightmares because when I was younger I had them a LOT. I sort of tought myself to wake up when something unusual happens, but that’s all, not really lucidity via that. In other words I wake myself up a lot.

Maybe I thought “I hope this doesn’t wake me up” and that caused me to wake up?

But wait… With that logic… Hmm…

Don’t ask what that meant xD

You are usually “less conscious” then waking life in LDs, and even less conscious in NDs. Which implements lower intelligence which makes you do dumb things, like trying to wake up. I often do things in LDs and when i wake up i say “meh i wanted to do this instead”.

You see, you can do anything in your dreams if you are confident enough.
You just have to think of something, and it just might happen.
So, while you were thinking about something, your mind made it happen.
As someone before said, dreams ARE thoughts.
Next time try to think about something you’d like to do :smile:

My guess is that you weren’t lucid enough to be in full control.Well, that’s the only logical answer I can think of.
You see, you might be lucid, if you’ve got a low level of lucidity, your thoughts may be as limited as in a normal dream.
So that’s why you did that. You weren’t in full control.

Bah, I started to have another one last night because I kept thinking as I went to sleep, just as it started and I had control I GOT WOKEN UP BY SOMEONE.

That’s not really fair, is it? :sad:

I am going to have to disagree with that statement. :smile:
I am actually more conscious in an LD then in RL. I am not able to be conscious as long as in RL, but I am definitely way more aware of what goes on around me when in a LD. More conscious of what I feel and sense etc. The reason I think this is so, is because it is all still new and exiting!

Conscious may have been the wrong word choice then, are you more intelligent in your dreams? I feel like i have 50 IQ or something and make worse decisions in the way OP decided to end his dream :sad:

Truthfully, it depends on the LD. Most LDs I am just myself, as in RL. I think the same, remember my waking life and things I had planned on doing if I got lucid. I can think logically. But yes I have had LDs in which I am very sluggish, and have a hard time to put one and one together. I have realized however that affirming that I am lucid repeatedly clears some of that fog away.

1. It’s hard at first. I’ve noticed that the harder I try, the harder it is. The first time you weren’t trying so hard, so it happened easier. Just think about what you want to happen :content:

2. I’ve done this too. :sad: Not fun.

Well, it all depends on lucidity, really.
Everyone feels this way when they have low-lucidity or a non-lucid dream.
If you are lucid enough, you will feel exactly as IRL, maybe even more conscious.

I remember now, I’ve have had a few of those “super conscious” dreams with a clear mind and extreme vividness*

*For me, comparing dream vividness with how good you see IRL is like comparing the quality of a sound with quality of an image. It’s not the same thing. I’m not using the same sense to see in dreams as in IRL. I have had dreams that seemed more vivid then IRL but because of this i cant really compare them.

I had a very conscious dream where i could see very far, i was at my house. When i woke up i went to the same place and looked out the same window and compared that the specific spot i looked at what clearer in the dream. But i think i have wider vision IRL.