Are you a natural? - Part I

Like others have said I dont expect it will be any easier for me as a natural LDer to LD at will than anyone else. I think the only advantage is that a natural LDer may be more relaxed about eventually having an induced LD as they know thay have had them before and that when they do manage to induce a LD it wont be as wierd as never having had one before.

Time will tell…

It’s like a natural talent. If you are good at something, then in a year (if you study intense) you are a professional. If you haven’t got a really natural talent, then it would take about a couple more years, but you still reach profy. Even as a natural, you can’t a achieve level professional in just one single day :wink:

Just think that it’s not impossible.

I’m not sure if I’m natural, but my first LD was very vivid and long(5min) for starter.
I remember a lot of dreams when I got out of them at will.
I guess I’m a natural but dreams were less important then.

i remember this one dream i had long time back, where I had lost my laptop n was quite afraid that my parents would find out…so i was looking all over n i could sense deep anxiety that time…n somehow i came to realize that i was dreaming so i dint worry much later or something…

But yeah…this is definitely the only memory i have about realization of a dream from my childhood…not quite close to lucid dreaming but still, i guess, it counts…

I’d call myself a natural, but I don’t really know if it counts if you can’t control the dream. Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve been pretty aware of when I’m dreaming or when I’m not. I mostly couldn’t control the dream, though, unless it’s a nightmare. Even then, though, I was scared of what would happen if I died in a dream (this was before I knew that I’d wake up if I died in a dream: back then I thought that if I died in a dream, I’d be stuck in some kind of a limbo… lol, Inception dejavu, anyone?).

So I had this way of forcing myself to wake up by squinting my eyes shut so hard that colored spots would dance before my eyes, and if I succeeded, the spots would grow bigger into a large vortex that’d send me spinning back to real life. The only problem was, sometimes I’d ‘wake up’ and still be stuck in the dream. I once had a dream where I had to redo the vortex thing at least ten times before I woke up in my real bed. It took me about twenty minutes before I stopped expecting some random dream-like thing to happen, like monkeys jumping out of a corner in my room to shoot me down with bananas.

I first became lucid after having read the guide of this forum!.. about a year and a half ago, already! I come from meditation and tibetan buddhism. So I am not a natural lucid dreamer.

A question I was wondering just before our french LD4All forum “closed”:

Are all the experimented and well known lucid dreamers (> several hundreds of LD) natural?

I guess i Say i am a Natural, because a friend told me of this Forum, and i have had plenty of Lucid dreams. Some end before they get amazing. I get Too exited Maybe?
and Some just carry on for ages and i can remember every little detail, Iv’e even lucid imagination whilst walking somewhere when suddenly i can see a whole nother world.

I’m not a natural but I can remember that I had a few LD’s when I was a kid :smile: I can even remember most of the dreams I’ve had, ever.

I guess not having any, means I’m not a natural :tongue:

for me i really dont know what qualifies…
if only being aware that you are dreaming counts then many many times. and i have controlled dreams a couple times too, i think. but the one time i can really think of right now, i didn’t know i was dreaming. i just wanted to fly soooooo bad and i did. and it was awesome.

usually i dont know im dreaming, and i see different people or i am a different person. and like when awake u can see your arms and nose and body? well i cant when i dream. i could reach out a grab something but i don’t see my arm. and my vision is weird… its not like movies where its exactly the same as being awake.

although one time i guess i did. i could see my arms and everything was normal. i had a FA and it sucked cause when i woke up the second time i was like what the H**l!?!

I’m really surprised there is so many natural lucid dreamers here. How can I not know anyone of them? :content:
or maybe they’re just proud of it and vote more than the others…

I voted yes because the question is “do you remember having some kind of LD as a child?” and yes I remember having some LD’s when I was a child (maybe 5). :content:
Yet I don’t consider myself a natural because 5 LD’s is few and I have to induce them now.

I kinda agree with you Morning Star. “Are you a natural?” is a very dynamic question. The topic name should just be “Do you remember having some kind of LD as a child?”.

I’m DEFINITELY a natural dreamer. Even if I’m not lucid, I’m able to do everything people often do while lucid. I am very powerful in my dreams and I have at least 4-7 dream sequences a night that become increasingly vivid as I record them.

However, when it comes to lucid dreaming, I am not much of a natural. I have to work at it and I’m working at it right now!

Used to be a natural, I could do what I wanted when I was a child (even realise I was dreaming too :cool_raz:)

After I started school my mind got too busy to control the dreams :razz: but sometimes when I feel for doing something I usually get such dreams and I still can make myself dream of dreams where I DILD myself lucid :tongue:

Idk… i seem to realize i’m dreaming out of nowhere a lot. but i lose it pretty quickly or just keep going along with what’s happening in the dream cuz i’m entertained already.

When I was young, I use to have a nightmare in which I realised at the uttermost scary part I was dreaming, because it all suddenly seemed really illogical. I noticed it could not be real. At that point I just chose to wake up. It always was a sudden sense of control over the situation. It was kind of a gut feeling, I just like that realised I could close my eyes and wake up if I wanted to.

It was just once in a nightmare where I was chased by a tiger a snake and a wolve hat I turned around and thought: They can’t hurt me I’m dreaming but when they came close I thought: but right now isn’t the time to check it.

Once when I was like 9 or 10 (maybe even younger) I dreamed that I can transform to a light entity, only shining light and I could fight with my friends in some kind of an arena while I was transformed to light being. Doing all that I became more and more weak. Then it just came to me, why am I doing this? I’m dreaming! Then I woke up.

I grew up thinking it was just dreaming, didn’t know anything was special about it, until I was telling my mom about a weird dream I have when I was young.

I don’t remember ever waking up because I’ve become lucid. But I’ve always been a deep sleeper, my mom would have conversations with me about my day when she got home off the evening shift. Just a few sentences but I’d never remember them.