The Tetris Effect

:welcome: to the forum ShoemakerSteve

and ive had an experiance like this i was playing video games a lot after a time of not for a while and i had a few dreams of which i was eaither playing games or being in the game it self

sadly no lucid experiances with this though im new to this whole thing and have had one over this summer but yeah i see this all the time with every activitities i spend a decent amount of time doing

In my case, i dont dream about the video games (or other things ive been very busy with during the day), but they seem to take over my HH completely, which can be pretty irritating if iwant to go to sleep, because then i see for example football manager matches being played in my head or endless numbers from exel files ive been busy with.
I guess that can be used for WILD though, so maybe i’ll try to enter a videogame that way once (if i finally can get WILD to work)

I is not very uncommon for me to dream about video games. When i quited World of Warcraft i had dreams about it all the time for weeks after :razz:

Well, for me when I was a game addict (not The Game) I usually always had that game in my mind all the time, which didnt allow me to think of something else :razz:

I can tell you that more than video games can affect your mind like this, for example Ive been using the train a lot recently, now all my dreams involve railroads and trains :lol:

The Game has been part of my life so much it haunts my THE GAME thoughts.

Dang it.

The Game :neutral:

Since i started high school a year ago I’ve been riding the bus almost every morning and since then i often dream about riding the bus.

I’ve had my mind stuck in minesweeper mode in the past…feels like your head is playing minesweeper 24/7…when trying to sleep, in your dreams, during work…it was a good sign to quit playing. :neutral:

I worry too much, and I often dream about things that I’ve been fretting about IWL.

I lost the game.

I’ve had many video game related dreams, probably at least one from each genre. XP If I spend an extended amount of time playing a game, or doing pretty much anything, I’ll more that likely dream about it.

Well, being playing Zelda, and I would love to have the Lens of Truth!
And in my dream there was this hidden door behind a fake wall you can walk through. But the LoT didn`t appear…

My favorite video game dreams are the ones where the dream is pixelated or in blocky 3D just like the actual game. :happy: I’ve had lots of dreams like that.

I remember dreaming about being the test subject in Portal, not about playing it. Unfortunately, it wasn’t LD, but everything was working like in the game, including physics and viewing through portals. Going to experience it again :smile:

Lol, that’s amazing! Sounds like tons of fun :razz:

@everyone else: Really interesting stuff you guys are giving me, like dreams about busses or trains? Kinda strange when you really think about it. Also, Lol @ The Game, I lost, and so did all of you for reading my post :wink:

I think i’ve had the odd dream about games, because when I find a game I like I don’t stop playing for about a month. I once played a DS pokemon game so much I actually started hearing the tune of it in my head in WL!! I may try this out, sounds cool, and thats a pretty cool term :razz:

I play video gmaes quite a bit, but surprisingly i never had any dreams about video games at all. Dang it, i lost the game :grin:

I just lost the crap out of the game.

Anyhow, I had a dream about Left 4 Dead once. It ended up being my first lucid dream (although I was only lucid long enough to save myself from impending doom).

Lol, that doesn’t even sound like a good thing, unless you’re dreaming of playing the game and not actually being inside it. But being inside of Left 4 Dead would be incredibly frightening! :razz:

I kept having the weirdest nightmare. i.e I used to have windows 98 and there was a background and it was a green feild with a blue sky… anyway this was my background for the longest time, and I began to have these really weird dreams where I was being chased through the background of my computer by what looked like a barbie… :confused: don’t ask because I dont have an answer :happy:

When I played a lot of GTA I used to dream about it a lot and I even thought I was inside the game when I was out with my friends haha. I remember seeing a red light and thought “Oh hey a quest!” before I immediately realized what I was thinking. It was weird. I don’t play that much anymore though :razz:

DUDE, I dream about StarCraft all the time. However, mine always feel really important and if I don’t defeat the enemies, I will disappoint my troops. :cry:

Anytime I dream about games, most of the time I am INSIDE of them and not playing them with a keyboard or controller but even if I do have something in my hands, I still feel like I am IN the game.

I also dream about Diablo 2, Quake, and Left 4 Dead which is a bit more threatening. I open doors, monsters come, I try to escape, but more monsters are just around the corner ready to attack. Lol. I’m not sure how I ever get past these obstacles but they are rather frightening at the time.