The Senses during an LD

Have you ever have that moment in bed where you are closing your eyes getting ready to sleep then suddenly it feels like you just tripped on the stairs, yet you weren’t even sleep yet? What is that? Ok and what I really wanted to talk about was feeling pleasure in a dream, that you’ve never felt in real life. Before you start calling me a pervert, I wasn’t having sex. There was actually this lady or saleswoman that who was trying to sell me miniature electric toothbrushes, mumbling me to use two at a time and the rest was fading to a inaudible sentence. Next thing I know I feel a jolt of “wow” in the neither region, and it slowly started to fade when I woke up, which sucked. What’s your input on feeling an inexperienced feeling? Have you had any similar experiences? :help: :confused: :help:

In reference to the second thing, I’ve got nothing :tongue:

That jerk you feel is a hypnagogic jerk. I get them all the time, and they’re perfectly normal. A lot of times they occur because your muscles are tense, and they need to jerk to release that tension.

I’m not sure if its hypnagogic jerk that Is_R_My Reality is referring to. I have experienced 2 types of involuntary movement while falling asleep. One of them is hypnagogic jerk, random movement for no apparent reason. And the other is a feeling that you’re about to fall and your reflexes does a movement to avoid falling / regain balance. Since he says “tripped on the stairs” (about to fall and reflex to regain balance), i suspect he is referring to the second type of movement i mentioned. Perhaps they both are named hypnagogic jerk, but i think they’re different things.

I don’t really have anything on the second thing either. But i have had random dreams with pleasurable feelings in the entire body, no specific area.

I’ve had the exact feeling many times. I am actually falling asleep and catch myself running up stairs, immediately when I realize what I’m doing, I trip and jerk awake in bed. I take this as my energy body separating from my physical body, and me seeing this floating upwards in a symbolic way of going up stairs. The jerk awake, is getting surprised when I realize it and my energy body snapping back to my physical body.

About the feeling pleasure…we can just have a surplus of high sexual energy, but this doesn’t mean it has to be used in a sexual way, it is also just Creative energy, but if we don’t know how to direct it in specific ways, like using it to fuel and prolong amazing lucid dreaming, then we can wake up feeling like we have a surplus of energy in our sexual center, like we don’t know what to do with it.

Huh. I’ve always thought they referred to as the same thing. :shrug: No biggie, but now I want to do research, hehe

I am very unsure but i think they may have different names… I may have heard a name for when you feel like you’re about to fall and do involuntary movement to regain balance, while in your bed.

Lol i have that first experience. I get that alot when im on a trip and “sleeping” in the car. Once i was running next to a pool and it was slippery or what its called, then i fell and woke up. Scary

This happens very often to me. Not just when I am falling asleep, but also while trying to WILD and when I wake up from a ND. I guess it happens when you’re somewhere in between your dream and your WL body, either leaving or entering the dream. Then if your WL body jerks or makes a sudden move in any other way, it causes you to move rapidly into your WL body and that gives the sensation of ‘falling’ into your WL body , which can indeed be very scary

For the second thing, I havent experienced anything like that, but feeling things in dreams which are unimaginable in WL seems very interesting to me.

Ive also once had a LD in which I saw some rings flying around, which I just cant draw, because it never looks like the original (it were quite simple rings). This makes me believe that in dreams you can see (or feel) things which are unimaginable in WL. (I guess I’m getting a little bit off topic :tongue:)

Yesterday while falling asleep i got i feeling i was about to trip on a wire so my reflex moved my legs a bit to avoid tripping :razz: