LD4all Quest 58: September: Extreme Sports!

Ill do this when I get an LD some time :grin: and congratulations Qu for completing the Quest already :rofl:

I’ve had several ND’s where it feels like I’m wingsuit flying…should be a natural enough transition to just take control of it. That is, if I can stabilize my LD’s and not get distracted. :meh:

this sounds fun! im gonna try base jumping :tongue:

Well… as usual, I seem pretty good at inducing normal dreams when it comes to the dream quests… just not Lucid ones!? :neutral:

Here is an attmept from last night… cycle flying - although it was not a real extreme sport, its a start to something I was thinking of doing in a LD for this quest.

[community.ld4all.com/t/carnun-s-sleepy-deviations-part-ii/22003/164)

Like last month i got an idea quite quickly (even so i didn’t complete last months quest).
I don’t know if any of you have seen Air Gear, but it’s an anime and it’s including Inline skates wich have very strong motors to them and with those the teenagers ride through the city.

So thats what i wanna try :smile:

I’m new to lding but i’ll try to do rally racing. :grin:

Drag racing for me :razz: but in the forest instead of an ordinary racing course :grin:

I’m often iceskating in my dreams, so if I manage to get lucid in one of them, ill try to put some rockets on my blades (or just imagine hurricane winds pushing my forward) :grin:

Base jumping off of the Eiffel-tower and doing dangerous stunts while on a snowboard are both on my checklist of things to do while lucid. (#5 and #13)

So I will definatelly give this a try!

Good luck to the rest of you as well!

Last night I had a ND about swinging on chandalliers and running on walls. I think that was a combo of me wanting to do last month’s challenge, Inception, and this month’s. haha, now I just need to get lucid.

No LD, but i did have a vaguely sport themed ND. Throwing a tennis ball for a friend to fetch haha.

I want to try snowboarding :content: How fun would that be!

I had been thinking the same thing. I figured that if I was able to complete one of my personal goals (fly to the Himalayas) I could snowboard down. Skip the snowsuit though, too bulky! I think I’d much rather go barefoot in shorts and use a wave board instead of a snowboard.

Well, time ago I had a dream were I
was parachute jumping. My cousin wanted to do it without through… :meh:

This topic helped me remember a dream I had about looking at September’s Quest.

I forgot what it was though. :sad:

I think I’m gonna try to surf in a big tsunami

Since your allowed to have extreme sports wich you only could do in a lucid dream, i guess i’ll try bungy jumping without rope :meh: I have problems flying, So it could be great practice for me

I’m going to attempt this quest. I’ll skydive from the top of the atmosphere… without a parachute. Falling in my dreams feels just as realistic as it does in RL, so it should be fun. Plus, since it’s just a dream, I won’t die a horrible and bloody death when I hit the ground. :grin:

@Vampirism, that’s exactly what I was going to to :tongue:

Only I was going to see if I could phase through the ground and come out in China (Or some strange dream realm). Maybe I’ll still do that, we could have a little gentlemen’s challange on who can do it first :wink:

Or maayyybeee… !!EXTREME CLOUD SURFING!!

Or if I can’t get a surfboard in my LD, I’ll just skydive… from the ground to the sky!

Woohooo!

That was awesome, (Long dream description):

[spoiler]
[Tues, Sept 14 2010, 3:00 PM – MILD]
Ground-Diving:
After waking up dissapointed from a lack of LD’s the previous night, I decided to take a nap mid day with the intention of having a LD:
The dream starts with my girlfriend and her friend CJ sneaking into my window to help me clean my room; it was CJ’s idea, “I appreciate the help, but sneaking in my window was a creepy move” I tell him. He was sitting next to my drumset
–{jump}– I’m at my girlfriend’s mother’s house, but in the dream it’s CJ’s house, we’re all talking about random things, I don’t remember what. I go for a walk, I’m walking down a path with grass on either side, I kick back some of the grass like a carpet and underneath is an embossed plaque of my drumset lying on the ground, I realize I’m dreaming. I remember my intentions; I look up to the clouds, the sun is bright but it regulates and I can see clearly, I immagine that instead of looking up I am looking down from a really high grassy cieling; gravity flips. The thrill of falling upward is exhilarating, I pull a ripcord and an invisible parachute slows my fall, I flip uspide down (rightside up to the way I’m falling). To my suprise there is a strange looking grassy plain opposite the normal ground. I skim the anti-ground, and real gravity catches me again, I begin to fall back towards my starting point. I’m spinning uncontrollably, I begin to panic, I remember I’m dreaming and I’m fine, so I fall straight, I plant the landing squating with one hand on the ground,
“That was f***ing awesome!” I exclaim. The dream fades.[/spoiler]

I feel that I was very succesful in this, that was so satisfying! :mrgreen:

PS: Sorry for the double post