WILD Focus

I’ve recently been trying WILD over weekends, but have ran into a minor roadblock. I am always too focused to fall back asleep until my focus snaps completely and I fall asleep without WILD or MILD. This happens even when using WBTB. Any advice?

If you’re counting or using some other method to keep aware, you may want to take breaks every now and again to let yourself become less aware. However, only wait a little while before continuing or else you may fall asleep. But, I always thought that when doing WILD it’s always better to err on the side of unconsciousness. That way you’ll at least fall asleep instead of staying up for hours.

I’ve had similar experiences when trying WILD. I guess the trick is finding the balance between focus and relaxation.

I’ve had some success by focusing on relaxing my body; nothing fancy, just deep breaths and focusing on different muscles until they are all relaxed. This makes it easier to fall asleep, even if I’m really focused on staying aware.
However, the majority of the instances where I’ve been successful with WILD was when I did a WBTB with minimal (or preferably no) movement. As soon as I woke up I began to focus on my breathing, which seems to work well.

Keep at it!