Long hair...

Hey guys, I’ve always been interested in having long hair, I was pretty close at the beginning of this year, but I just couldn’t handle it anymore.

In my early teen years my hair changed drastically, it became semi-curly. And now when I let me hair grow more than it ‘‘should’’ it becomes a big puffy affro :cry: and it never seemed to fall, the cool way.

I’m planning on giving it a try one more time. My hair is short at the momment though.

I just wanted to hear some suggestions/experiences or anything regarding this, specially if you have long hair yourself!

I’ve had both long, and very short hair.

Short hair is sooooo much easier to take care of, and if you don’t have the time to take care of your long hair… then don’t bother.

On the plus side, now that I have long hair again, I can hide my face, braid it, put weird things in it. Right now I have vertebrae and big glass beads woven in. I love it.

That is another reason why I’m not sure if I should let it grow, but I just love how it looks specially in musicians.

But how do you ‘take care’ of long hair? Sorry if its a stupid question, I know it is :razz:

LOL. Well, most guys I know with long hair, don’t wash it, and it looks unappealing.

I mean, I don’t use products in my hair, I let it air dry, etc. I pretty much do nothing but wash it. It all depends on your hair I guess… but at least wash long hair.

Try to wash your hair once a day, with both shampoo, and conditioner. And don’t forget to brush it, and blow dry it!

You’ll see compliments from all the pretty girls come rolling in. You’ll make all your friends jealous!

: D

@ Crow: So is using products a bad idea? Well I think washing my hair as regularly as it needs to be wouldn’t be a problem, but I guess I’d just have to wait and see :tongue:

Haha why do I have a feeling that thats some nasty sarcasm? :razz:

Actually, it’s not. I’m being completely honest.

What do you think the members of Led Zeppelin did with their hair? :content:

Um… I don’t know. He’s such a girl about his hair. It’s niceee though.

Now that you mention it Robert Plant’s hair is curly but very cool, its like it falls perfectly and still remains curly. Man I want that :cry:

Haha so WCH has long hair? :cool:

No, not really, just longer than the typical ‘guy’ hairstyle.

well i had longer hair some time ago, and i washed it at least once a day didnt blow dry 'cause it always got mesed up by that and used conditioner and used a hair sraightener when it really had to lay down :smile: was quite some work and afterwards i shaved it all off xD
anyway i liked them too just that they dont fit me and as such everybody told me that i look way better now ^^

Interesting! How long did it take for the hair to reach a ‘‘falling limit’’ so to speak :razz: . In other words, how long did it take for the hair to become sort of stable in a way that it reached your desired results.

<2.5mm rocks.

I miss my long hair. I no longer look good with it. I look pretty damn good with a shaved head though. I even take the raisor to it. OMG that reminds me. I had a dream lastnight that my hair had grew back after I had cut it the day before. I really did shave it in waking life, and I was amazed in the dream, because my hair had grew back so fast. lucid opertunity gone. I have alot of dreams about having long hair, and I love it.

I pretty much let my hair grow out for 1-2 years, cut it, let it grow back…it’s easier than constantly getting hair cuts. I have curly hair so it’s probably more annoying that it’d be if it was straight (curly hair takes longer to try, and gets tangled easier)

hair products will damage your hair. so it’s up to you how healthy you want your hair to be (especially down the line). the only hair products I use is shampoo, and sometimes conditioner. I think using a brush/comb is the most important factor if you have long hair. brush it while it’s still wet and you’re pretty much fine from getting tangles.

you should be happy with what you have. love yourself for who you are (both superficially and spiritually)

this is pretty common for me the first few days/weeks/months after I cut my long hair. I’ll look in a mirror in the dream and think “wow, my hair is growing back fast”. ugh, so many missed signs :sad:

My hair grows really fast and I’m lazy about cutting it, so I spent most of my life with pretty long hair. It’s been short for a couple of years now, but I’m letting it go again because maintaining the shortness is aggravating. That said, long hair takes work. When my hair was really long it was kind of unfortunate, mainly because I was a little kid and didn’t like to properly care for it. Here’s my advice:

• Don’t wash it too much. It just dries out your head, and then your scalp gets oily faster to compensate, so you have to wash it even more.

• Right after you wash it, comb it. In my case this gets it organized enough that I never have to really brush it, but I have no idea how this works for other people, especially those with curly hair.

• KEEP IT OUT OF THE WIND! Wear a hood or something. This was my problem, I hated wearing hoods, and the wind, especially in winter when it was all dry, destroyed the ends of my hair. It was really nasty.

• Don’t put junk in it or heat at it. This just isn’t good.

• and this is not really necessary, but since I wash my hair in the morning, the night before I put a drop or two of some kind of oil (I use jojoba, I think) on my hands, rub it into my hair, and brush it through with the bristly kind of brush. This is probably just my own weird thing, but I think it helps keep the shampoo from drying it out too much.

So! There you go. Enjoy your hair, I guess? :smile:

I let my hair grow for more than a year, for the first time, and sure it was quite different. Your hair suddenly become a much bigger center of attention; they need to be washed more often, takes longer to shampoo and dry, need to take more precautions not to get stuck into something (they did it all the time with my glasses :tongue: ) … even if they were a bit cooler, I decided to end the streak recently and reverted to very short hair XD

It’s quite the experience though, and I’d recommend it trying it at least once, just to know what’s like for you to have long hair, it’s all the little things that can make the difference for you, for the best or for the worst.

Haha, when I cut my hair for the first time in… wow, almost four years, I realized I had developed all kinds of weird tricks for keeping it out of things - apparently when spitting toothpaste into the sink I would unconsciously hold my hair against my chest with my left arm. Cue short-haired me making strange arm movements and then looking confused. A couple times a day, for a week or two. I hadn’t even realized I was doing it until it became unnecessary.

Very interesting what you said about the wind chambered_nautilus, I always drive with my windows open, and the wind really messes both sides of my hair, even when I have short hair. You can see that the sides are dry because of the wind, and the rest of the hear is moist because of the water. It’s very annoying since I love to drive with windows open, but I hate having my hair like that :sad:

@Tosxy: Yes I should try it once in my life at least, and thats one of the reasons I really want to let it grow, because when I get older, the chances of having long hair are pretty small. :razz: