Long hair...

<2.5mm rocks.

I miss my long hair. I no longer look good with it. I look pretty damn good with a shaved head though. I even take the raisor to it. OMG that reminds me. I had a dream lastnight that my hair had grew back after I had cut it the day before. I really did shave it in waking life, and I was amazed in the dream, because my hair had grew back so fast. lucid opertunity gone. I have alot of dreams about having long hair, and I love it.

I pretty much let my hair grow out for 1-2 years, cut it, let it grow back…it’s easier than constantly getting hair cuts. I have curly hair so it’s probably more annoying that it’d be if it was straight (curly hair takes longer to try, and gets tangled easier)

hair products will damage your hair. so it’s up to you how healthy you want your hair to be (especially down the line). the only hair products I use is shampoo, and sometimes conditioner. I think using a brush/comb is the most important factor if you have long hair. brush it while it’s still wet and you’re pretty much fine from getting tangles.

you should be happy with what you have. love yourself for who you are (both superficially and spiritually)

this is pretty common for me the first few days/weeks/months after I cut my long hair. I’ll look in a mirror in the dream and think “wow, my hair is growing back fast”. ugh, so many missed signs :sad:

My hair grows really fast and I’m lazy about cutting it, so I spent most of my life with pretty long hair. It’s been short for a couple of years now, but I’m letting it go again because maintaining the shortness is aggravating. That said, long hair takes work. When my hair was really long it was kind of unfortunate, mainly because I was a little kid and didn’t like to properly care for it. Here’s my advice:

• Don’t wash it too much. It just dries out your head, and then your scalp gets oily faster to compensate, so you have to wash it even more.

• Right after you wash it, comb it. In my case this gets it organized enough that I never have to really brush it, but I have no idea how this works for other people, especially those with curly hair.

• KEEP IT OUT OF THE WIND! Wear a hood or something. This was my problem, I hated wearing hoods, and the wind, especially in winter when it was all dry, destroyed the ends of my hair. It was really nasty.

• Don’t put junk in it or heat at it. This just isn’t good.

• and this is not really necessary, but since I wash my hair in the morning, the night before I put a drop or two of some kind of oil (I use jojoba, I think) on my hands, rub it into my hair, and brush it through with the bristly kind of brush. This is probably just my own weird thing, but I think it helps keep the shampoo from drying it out too much.

So! There you go. Enjoy your hair, I guess? :smile:

I let my hair grow for more than a year, for the first time, and sure it was quite different. Your hair suddenly become a much bigger center of attention; they need to be washed more often, takes longer to shampoo and dry, need to take more precautions not to get stuck into something (they did it all the time with my glasses :tongue: ) … even if they were a bit cooler, I decided to end the streak recently and reverted to very short hair XD

It’s quite the experience though, and I’d recommend it trying it at least once, just to know what’s like for you to have long hair, it’s all the little things that can make the difference for you, for the best or for the worst.

Haha, when I cut my hair for the first time in… wow, almost four years, I realized I had developed all kinds of weird tricks for keeping it out of things - apparently when spitting toothpaste into the sink I would unconsciously hold my hair against my chest with my left arm. Cue short-haired me making strange arm movements and then looking confused. A couple times a day, for a week or two. I hadn’t even realized I was doing it until it became unnecessary.

Very interesting what you said about the wind chambered_nautilus, I always drive with my windows open, and the wind really messes both sides of my hair, even when I have short hair. You can see that the sides are dry because of the wind, and the rest of the hear is moist because of the water. It’s very annoying since I love to drive with windows open, but I hate having my hair like that :sad:

@Tosxy: Yes I should try it once in my life at least, and thats one of the reasons I really want to let it grow, because when I get older, the chances of having long hair are pretty small. :razz:

I agree with Tosxy. I’m no guy but I still hate my long hair. It grows too insanely fast and is annoying to take care of. (Seriously, I don’t know that many girls who like long hair anymore). I suppose if your hair is nice and thin and easily manageable. Shrugs My advice, don’t grow it in summer.

I used to have REALLY long hair a couple of years ago (I think that was 2005). It reached all the way to my clavicle (just below my shoulders). These days I go get my hair cut when it starts showing up in my eyes. Long hair is just really annoying (especially for a guy who doesn’t like to care for it).

But in a recent dream I had much longer hair. Perhaps my subconscious prefers long hair…

And when I got it cut in 2005, I had the same problem with the toothpaste and the trying to keep my hair out of the way. I kept swiping at thin air for a week or so lol. :happy:

My hair used to go lower than my waist, it even got in the way if it was a ponytail. So last year I cut it boy-style and I haven’t regretted it. Though I have to admit I am growing it longer now. But that’s just me, I simply enjoy the change. When I get bored of it being long again I’ll cut it.

thats wicked, i can stick hundereds of pencils in my hair and pul em out as needed when im drawing lol… like a despenser.
… my hairs afrolike :wink:

I can barely remember what it’s like to not have long hair :lol:

I let my hair grow when I was… 11? (lol don’t ask) not really good idea before puberty, but who cares. Then I cut it when I was about 14, I think. Then I let it grow again a bit after that. Now my hair has been long for 7 years or so…

About how to “keep” it, I just wash it everyday (sometimes every other day) with shampoo and conditioner (knots!). and brush it. I don’t really feel like it’s any hard work lol And seeing as I’ll probably go bald-ish some day why not enjoy it while I can :razz:

I love being a guy with long hair. People do tend to have strong opinons about it though, they either love it or hate it.

I find it very simple to look after. I wash it every morning, just using shampoo (no conditioner), and give it a good brush afterwards (and any other time that it looks like it needs it). You’ve got to accept that some days it can look awful. Long hair definately has a potential to look really bad, and sometimes I’ve looked in the mirror and thought uggghhh. But it also has the potential to look really amazing, and the good days more than balance the bad days. It’s especially good to have when it’s blowing in the wind behind you, and on some days can look truly awesome. Give it a try!

Yeah, but maybe your hair is um, ugh how do you say it in english? When its not curly? Well, that. So I guess its easier with that type of hair.

Hey we should all post cool looking pictures of our long hairs! :happy:

long hair is a way of life. A lifestyle choice. A good one, at that.

Don’t like short hair much. Where’s the fun in it? Nothing to play with when you’re board.

Occasionally i entertain the notion of chopping it off, but what’s the use? i’ll just regret it!

twirls

yes.

Today is a GREAT hair day, in case you were wondering.

Hair that isn’t curly is called straight hair :smile:

Yep, my hair’s pretty straight, and I don’t think long hair would suit me if it was really curly. I do like it to be a bit wavy though. Sometimes it gets really straight and looks pretty awful!

Iv’e been growing my hair for a good 5 months now, it grows ridiciously fast, and naturally curls as it gets to my eye line :content: I’m lucky with this so I never have to play around with it so I can see, it just kinda flicks up at the right point so I’m not blinded. :tongue: I wash my hair once every 2 days, Low maintenance and simples. :grin:

I also have grown my hair well beyond my shoulder (maybe that would be arm-pit length? there just is no other part of the body there to describe its length :tongue:).

Well, I’m studying information technology and there are a lot of long-haired guys here so that’s quite common. And I listen to metal virtually all the time, that’s why I let it grow.

But it’s starting to get really thin now so I’m afraid I can’t keep it long for much longer (pun :tongue:).

Do you actually prefer to wear them loose or do you wear it as a kind of ponytail/whatever?

I wear it loose, but put it in a ponytail if I’m playing sport, cooking or doing anything where I want it to stay out of the way :smile: