The Secret to Having LDs Every Night

Having a LD almost every night… that’s what any lucid dreamer wants, right? Well, believe it or not, it is possible. Perhaps not every single night, but this technique guarentees frequent LD’s.

I know that this technique works for me, but I’d really like to know if it works for everyone else, too (but I know that it can work, so I want to post it more as a technique than an experiment). So, I’d really like some people to try it out and post their results. Fill this out:

Name:

of LDs:

Age Group (18-, 18-25, 25-35, 35-50, 50+)

How this Technique Works

Anyways, I call this technique BCILD (biological clock induced dreams). Everyone has a biological clock inside of them. It’s basically just a big clock that keeps track of your daily habbits and makes your like easier accourdingly. For example, it wakes you up at the time that your clock is usually set, and at night ot makes sure that you don’t need to go to the bathroom as much. It tell you that you’re hungry when you usually eat and keeps track of any habits that you have.

The key is to add lucid dreaming to your biological clock. Lucid dreaming will become something that is not something you hope for every night, but as a part of your daily life. You’re not tricking your body into having a LD, your telling it.

How To

The way to do this is simple. It’s a simple matter of teaching your body that there is a time that you are going to have a lucid dream and it is going to remember that.

First, you need to set a time. This will be your lucid dreaming time. It should be right in the middle of REM sleep, so about 4-6 hours after you’ve gone to bed. Keep this time the same. Along with that, keep your bedtime the same every night. Once you have chosen a time, first you must get your body used to it. So, for several days, set your alarm for that time. When the alarm rings, do something to get your mind working (math, word problems, logic puzzles, etc.) for a few minutes, but not very long. Then go back to sleep.

Once you have done this for a few days, you’re ready to move on to the next step. That is to start focussing on your dreaming. When your alarm rings, get up and do the math/logic problem. Then go back to sleep. But, this time, don’t just let drowsiness come over you. There are two ways of falling asleep. The first is the way that you like to fall asleep: letting your head get fuzzy and tired and then just dozing off. The second takes a little more work, but with practice, it becomes very easy. With this way, you must keep your head clear and thinking. It doesn’t matter what you’re thinking; you can let your imagination run free as long as you make sure that what you’re thinking somewhat makes sense to you and isn’t a bunch of random thoughts put together. Think in sentances, not random words. This teaches your body that you want your mind to stay awake and active.

Once you’ve mastered this technique of falling asleep, move on to the next thing to do. This step takes only a day or two, depending on how quickly you learn. When your alarm rings, turn it off, then just lie in bed. Do math in your head to keep your mind working for a few minutes, then go to sleep. Make sure your thoughts don’t wander off until you’re done the math. If you can’t master this, practice until you can do it without fault.

Now, the last step! Do the step above, except this time, don’t let your thoughts wander quite so freely. Let yourself daydream, but every now and then do a math problem until you fall asleep. It’s not the same as a WILD, because you can fall asleep before the LD.

Soon, just by keeping yourself focussed, you’ll have a lucid dream! Don’t be discouraged if you don’t have one the night that you do the last step. When I say every night, I mean every night starting when you have your first lucid dream. It won’t take long, I promise. Eventually, with practice, you won’t even need an alarm!

Get into a habit of, in your LDs, right when you start dreaming tell yourself Lucid dream at (LD time)! If you can, do the same when you wake up.
Before you know it, you’ll be having frequent lucid dreams! It’s so simple that you probably don’t even think of this as a technique, but then why has no one ever done it? Someone had to put a proper name to this!

Anyways, happy lucid dreaming, and sorry I took so long to finish the post. :smile:

Sounds like a bad commercial so far.

LOL! I actually enjoy bad commercials. Especially those fast paced infomercials! Here’s one:

–“Are you tired of waking up day after day with no awesome lucid dreams to record in you dream journal?”–
[in black and white, shows someone waking up all stressed out with messy hair and shaking there head in disappointment at their dream journal]:sadyes:
–“Well, now those days are over! You can now lucid dream every night!”–
[now in color, smiling person with combed hair wakes up and writes down a lucid dream in their DJ, with sparkles in their eyes.] :colgate:
–“Introducing The New Technique that Guarantees Frequent Lucid Dreams!!!”–

Alright, but seriously, I’d like you to complete you post lena! :smile:

Head on! Apply directly to the forehead!

Once aired three times in a row :confused:

But on topic, sounds interesting, please continue your post, as I would personally love an LD a night.

Haha Six you really cracked me up with that one :razz:

I don’t suppose I was the only person who thought of Six’s commercial with Billy Mays’ voice?

… sounds like a bad commercial lol… Nice commercial script #Six, gonna be a big hit someday haha. However it does sound intriguing, I am interested to hear more. My body clock is really stable.

Can’t wait til you complete it :grin:

You can change the behavior of your waking habits but you sure cannot change the chemical function of the mind by doing that alone. Even if you somehow managed to do so…I’m very sure it comes at a price…you may be upsetting the delicate balance that is already there. If we were designed to be lucid in every dream of every night it would have happened by itself.

IMJ

LOL, 8 comments and she haven’t even finished the technique yet. Let’s at least wait until she’s explained the full tech, will we? :tongue:
But yeah, #Six. I laughed too. :lol:

It sure did. She has lost the ability to finish typing a complete thought before hitting the “Submit” button. It all sounds too risky.

And the secret ingredient in the krabby patty formula is…
roll credits

WIN.

On topic, I doubt that there is actually a foolproof way to have an LD every night, unless you become master at a particular technique, and even that wouldn’t be a guarantee. I’m sad now, Billy Mays was so awesome. :sad:

wow, guys, i didn’t know a half-finished post was really that exciting! lol 11 comments before it was done… i think thats a record :smile:

anyways, i finished it, and i hope you like it. if ur confused about anything just ask. and even though it seems like it, id just like to point out that this is in fact not already a technique, although it includes bits and pieces from other ones. so if ur thinking that it seems really familiar that’s why. but the thing is, even if you think that you’ve though about this already, you’ve probably never tried it. :razz:

its very important not to be impatient and try to do everything in one night, or i can almost guarentee it won’t work.

happy LDs!

Good work Lena,

Who knows this might be a new formulae for inducing LD’s.

Well, people tend to be skeptical when you post something “revolutionary” and then not finish it. :razz:

In any case, it seems the key to your technique is simply to maintain a level of mental activity and cohesion as you fall asleep so that it’s easier to become lucid. It definitely does seem familiar (especially to WILD), albeit less demanding mentally.

Now, I can follow along pretty well with what you’re saying, except… Well. The last step. Daydreaming but occasionally throwing in a math problem.

See, I’m kind of mathematically challenged and have been since I stopped paying attention in math class since I was 15. Three years later I vowed to myself that I would never use math again, and I’m proud to say that I’ve been math-free for six years now.

All joking aside, when you say math “problem”, how much of a problem? Because simple arithmetic is taxing enough on my brain, let alone real math and at NIGHT. :razz:

I take that to mean “just enough to keep the analytical mind activated.” Right? If so, then no worries. I can do that much. :razz:

You say your technique sounds very simple, but personally I see a number of potential problems why this technique would probably be too hard for me:

1. Going to sleep at the same time every night:
  • This would require a huge change in lifestyle for me. Currently it’s anywhere between 9pm and 3am that I go to sleep.
  1. Setting the alarm in the middle of a REM-cycle at a fixed time.
  • Besides point 1, the time it takes for me to fall asleep is completely random as well and can be between 10 minutes and 2 hours, making my REM-cycle pretty random
  1. Doing a WBTB many days in a row requires a lot of discipline. When I wake up doing a WBTB I’m very tired and already have trouble motivating myself to write down dreams in my dream journal or get out of bed…doing math or puzzles doesn’t sound like something I can force myself to do many days in a row

2. Falling asleep by keeping non-random thoughts, sound a bit like most WILD techniques (like counting and visualizing)…personally I can do such tasks for hours without falling asleep.

I think I’ll let some others try this technique first before trying it myself for these reasons.

it doesnt have to be much, even something simple like 2+3. but if seriously hate math, you can do other things instead of it. like, for example, even just think about something about yourself. (eg. my name is _________. i am ____ years old. i livr in ________) This seems stupid, but when you do this you are using different parts of your brain because it connects to your memory, which help keeps them awake. just be careful not to repeat the phrases in the same order or the same phrases every single time, or it’ll just become a mindless thing.

have fun :smile:

well, obviously this technique isn’t for you. for it to work, you’d need to go to bed around the same time every night and get a good amount of sleep. If you don’t, your biological clock will go all over the place abd you won’t be able to set it to a new time. :neutral: The reason that you find it hard to WBTB is most likely because of your bedtimes. if you mess with your biological clock too much, youll just be tired and miserable all of the time.

This sounds good, like a structured manipulation of standard WBTB techniques.

I’ve been using the WBTB method with some success lately. Even using the standard method requires getting a consistent amount of sleep, I consider going to bed at the same time each night a small price to pay for LD’ing. In addition getting the right amount of sleep is healthy, a recent study has found a link between poor sleep habits and obesity https://afrsweb.usda.gov/is/pr/2007/070816.htm, something that has been suspected for some time. Plus, you just function better during your day.

My body has become used to the waking time, I’ve actually begun waking up just before my alarm goes off. Using math problems as part of the technique sounds good, I’ll try that tonight. Another appealing aspect is that it will take less and less time as you train yourself. I always appreciate a structured approach, comparatively mine has been rather haphazard.

I take it that you’ve had consistent results using this method? Do you LD every night? Also, would you consider yourself a light or deep sleeper? I am a deep sleeper and face more difficulty becoming lucid at night. A friend of mine, a very light sleeper, was able to become lucid the very first night after I explained lucid dreaming to her.

Yeah my Sleeping pattern can be Kinda mad, and I havn’t had a LD yet So Why Not give it a go!! Iv’e gotta get my ass in gear thow lol. I go to bed between 12 and 4 :eh: and Normally get woken up by building works. Horray