The Secret to Having LDs Every Night

Author  Message 
lena97QTgurl
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Lost Track

PostPosted: Fri 15 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

Stormrush wrote:
I used to have REAL bad insomnia, but since I have been doing these techniques, I have been sleeping better I have to say ! I'm still not there, but my point is , it's not as bad!

congrats! i know what its like to be up all night, believe me. i know exactly what you're talking about. smile

Stormrush
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 1 scary one:(

PostPosted: Fri 15 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

It's horrid isn't it.... It's like the techniques are training my brain lol... I am a bit off side since having a really bad LD but give it a few more days and I'll probably forget all about it lol and Thanks..smile

Current LD goal(s): 1 ------ would like 1 controlled one.
Pseudomaniac
OH SNAP!
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2 low, 2 mid

PostPosted: Sat 16 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

Seeing how I always wake up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off and always have to pee at the exact same time each day sharp, I can see how this could work. I might have to try this over break.

geekboy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 8

i would try thins and i think i might as it makes sense to me on how it would work only issue my sleeping schedule is horrid ;.; time to get my but off the computer and irc and actually sleep XD oh and sharing a room with ones brother makes using a alarm hard ;.; guess its time to get good at auto suggestion again ^_^

Current LD goal(s): see a sunset/sunrise and a night sky
Zentaro
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 150

Wow #Six, that made me laugh so hard too... This technique sounds really good, lena. Great job! The only problem is, I don't go to bed the same time every night, it's unpredictable with me. But this technique sounds so great, that I gotta try it, so I will do my best to follow the steps.

Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I do actually go to bed at the same time every night.

Well, it ranges from 21:30 to about 22:30, but that's the general time. I tend to get up at 7:30-8:30-ish, depending on laziness.

I did have a lucid dream last night (see my journal in the signature if you're interested), but I don't know if it was because of this technique or not. I started by trying to WILD and just lay still and relaxed for about 20 minutes or so, but then I lost my focus and decided to just go to sleep normally. I think. I may have accidentally fallen asleep. Don't know.

But I did have a lucid dream later on. Part of WILD, of course, is the focus. So that may have kept me awake enough to become lucid more easily. I don't think I was focused until I actually fell asleep, though.

I realized I was dreaming because my hair was longer than it should have been, so it was a DILD.

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
lena97QTgurl
Somniologist
Somniologist

Biodreamer wrote:
The only problem is, I don't go to bed the same time every night, it's unpredictable with me. But this technique sounds so great, that I gotta try it, so I will do my best to follow the steps.

well as long as your bedtime is usually around the same time (1 hour difference at the most) it should be fine. if not, im not sure if itll work, but you can try. it probably will as long as you set it up so that your LD time is in the middle of your REM sleep. smile

cashcurtis
LD count: 10

Quote:
before i started this technique i had about 3 LDs a month, now i have them almost every day

That's pretty promising. What type of math do you do in your head? I'm quite good at math, being a computer programmer, but I found myself doing random arithmetic last night and quickly losing focus. What would you recommend?

Current LD goal(s): Control and Consistency
lena97QTgurl
Somniologist
Somniologist

i usually just do simple adding, subtracting, and timestables... anything that i know off the top of my head. the point of doing math is to keep your mind working, but not to make you think so hard that you can't sleep.

i know, however, that some people would struggle with math, so there is an alternative. i posted it before, but i dont think many people saw it. you can just say phrases in your head about yourself, like for examply "my name is (name)" or "I live in (country)". doing this works the part of your brain called your dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, which keeps it awake and aware.

lena97QTgurl
Somniologist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 19 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

anyone who's trying this, please post results. id really like to hear about how its working out for you.

Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I guess I did it partially last night.

I had a lucid dream. Earlier that night I tried to WILD (and failed). I realized that I was going about it the wrong way. So then I just decided to go to sleep normally, but I kept thinking stuff all the time. Instead of simple focus related things (such as stating my name), I essentially kept daydreaming somewhat actively until I fell asleep. A lot of it was remembering previous dreams that I had that night and pretending I became lucid in them.

I guess that's not entirely your technique, but oh well. I'm going to keep doing it "my" way, because that seems to be working.

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
KauaiDreamer
Aiming for the stars
Dream Deity
KauaiDreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 43

Hi Lena. my result was pretty much as I expected. The first night (woke up at 4:30) I started with # 2 multiplied it by two, multiplies the answer by 2 etc. etc. and did that for just a little while, maybe 20 seconds. and stopped because I didn't want to not be able to fall asleep again. It took me a while to fall asleep anyway, but I did finally, and no dreams. The next night(woke up at 4:30) I tried to do it a little longer, and got as far as 15 thousand something ( took less then a minute, I'm good at math). Well that was too long I guess cause I could not for the life of me get back to sleep. Had a very long day that day sadblauw
So I guess for me I would have to find or sense the thin line between alert and awake. It's a tough one! you have just lost the game

Current LD goal(s): ~get better at making a healing energy sphere, conquer doubt, fear & negativ
lena97QTgurl
Somniologist
Somniologist

KauaiDreamer wrote:
Hi Lena. my result was pretty much as I expected. The first night (woke up at 4:30) I started with # 2 multiplied it by two, multiplies the answer by 2 etc. etc. and did that for just a little while, maybe 20 seconds. and stopped because I didn't want to not be able to fall asleep again. It took me a while to fall asleep anyway, but I did finally, and no dreams. The next night(woke up at 4:30) I tried to do it a little longer, and got as far as 15 thousand something ( took less then a minute, I'm good at math). Well that was too long I guess cause I could not for the life of me get back to sleep. Had a very long day that day sadblauw
So I guess for me I would have to find or sense the thin line between alert and awake. It's a tough one! you have just lost the game

hmm... try this: if math keeps you awake, try just opening your eyes. roll them around a few times, and change your breathing pattern for a minute or two. then go back to sleep. don't turn on the light, because that might be what's keeping you awake.

print