The Secret to Having LDs Every Night

Fair Enough :smile:

What works for 1 may or may not work for another eh!

You know, bad commercials have their own technique: they do a very dumb script for the actors (in case of), the one who watches it laughs and eventually buys their product.

Anyways, this made me want to try it. The habit part is the hardest. You make it sound sooo easy - like “You wake up in the middle of the night, your head is dizzy, you see only dots, you feel like floating a bit from the brutal awakening, your arms are a bit shaking, you can’t even move your fingers to well - now the second you wake up, do a math thing or a logic activity child chorus: yeeeey !”. This is a very hard part… the next thing I want to do after waking up is going back to sleep. Very hard part… have you even tried this honestly ?

Here’s another bad commercial.

I love the idea, I wake up at 4 AM every morning doing WBTB anyway. My only problem is going back to sleep if I get to alert. It’s almost impossible sometimes

Excuse me, but isn’t keeping thinking while trying to fall asleep the best way to get insomnia ?

no, only if you have problems with insomnia already. and there are techniques to help that. i can do it perfectly fine, and i used to have problems with insomnia.

I used to have REAL bad insomnia, but since I have been doing these techniques, I have been sleeping better I have to say ! I’m still not there, but my point is , it’s not as bad!

i get LDs very often, and i wouldnt say every single night, but almost. sometimes i skip a few days without any LDs, but then i get back on track. sometimes i get LDs every second night, and sometimes every night. last week i had LDs every night for the whole week! before i started this technique i had about 3 LDs a month, now i have them almost every day.

im usually a deep sleeper, but it varies depending on how tired i am. occasionally i can’t sleep, and the slightest noise will wake me. and sometimes a bomb could go off and i wouldnt notice it. but like i said, usually im a deep sleeper.

congrats! i know what its like to be up all night, believe me. i know exactly what you’re talking about. :smile:

It’s horrid isn’t it… It’s like the techniques are training my brain lol… I am a bit off side since having a really bad LD but give it a few more days and I’ll probably forget all about it lol and Thanks…:smile:

Seeing how I always wake up 10 minutes before my alarm goes off and always have to pee at the exact same time each day sharp, I can see how this could work. I might have to try this over break.

i would try thins and i think i might as it makes sense to me on how it would work only issue my sleeping schedule is horrid ;.; time to get my but off the computer and irc and actually sleep XD oh and sharing a room with ones brother makes using a alarm hard ;.; guess its time to get good at auto suggestion again :slight_smile:

Wow #Six, that made me laugh so hard too… This technique sounds really good, lena. Great job! The only problem is, I don’t go to bed the same time every night, it’s unpredictable with me. But this technique sounds so great, that I gotta try it, so I will do my best to follow the steps.

I do actually go to bed at the same time every night.

Well, it ranges from 21:30 to about 22:30, but that’s the general time. I tend to get up at 7:30-8:30-ish, depending on laziness.

I did have a lucid dream last night (see my journal in the signature if you’re interested), but I don’t know if it was because of this technique or not. I started by trying to WILD and just lay still and relaxed for about 20 minutes or so, but then I lost my focus and decided to just go to sleep normally. I think. I may have accidentally fallen asleep. Don’t know.

But I did have a lucid dream later on. Part of WILD, of course, is the focus. So that may have kept me awake enough to become lucid more easily. I don’t think I was focused until I actually fell asleep, though.

I realized I was dreaming because my hair was longer than it should have been, so it was a DILD.

well as long as your bedtime is usually around the same time (1 hour difference at the most) it should be fine. if not, im not sure if itll work, but you can try. it probably will as long as you set it up so that your LD time is in the middle of your REM sleep. :smile:

That’s pretty promising. What type of math do you do in your head? I’m quite good at math, being a computer programmer, but I found myself doing random arithmetic last night and quickly losing focus. What would you recommend?

i usually just do simple adding, subtracting, and timestables… anything that i know off the top of my head. the point of doing math is to keep your mind working, but not to make you think so hard that you can’t sleep.

i know, however, that some people would struggle with math, so there is an alternative. i posted it before, but i dont think many people saw it. you can just say phrases in your head about yourself, like for examply “my name is (name)” or “I live in (country)”. doing this works the part of your brain called your dorsolateral prefrontal cortex, which keeps it awake and aware.

anyone who’s trying this, please post results. id really like to hear about how its working out for you.

I guess I did it partially last night.

I had a lucid dream. Earlier that night I tried to WILD (and failed). I realized that I was going about it the wrong way. So then I just decided to go to sleep normally, but I kept thinking stuff all the time. Instead of simple focus related things (such as stating my name), I essentially kept daydreaming somewhat actively until I fell asleep. A lot of it was remembering previous dreams that I had that night and pretending I became lucid in them.

I guess that’s not entirely your technique, but oh well. I’m going to keep doing it “my” way, because that seems to be working.

Hi Lena. my result was pretty much as I expected. The first night (woke up at 4:30) I started with # 2 multiplied it by two, multiplies the answer by 2 etc. etc. and did that for just a little while, maybe 20 seconds. and stopped because I didn’t want to not be able to fall asleep again. It took me a while to fall asleep anyway, but I did finally, and no dreams. The next night(woke up at 4:30) I tried to do it a little longer, and got as far as 15 thousand something ( took less then a minute, I’m good at math). Well that was too long I guess cause I could not for the life of me get back to sleep. Had a very long day that day :sad:
So I guess for me I would have to find or sense the thin line between alert and awake. It’s a tough one! :pharaoh:

hmm… try this: if math keeps you awake, try just opening your eyes. roll them around a few times, and change your breathing pattern for a minute or two. then go back to sleep. don’t turn on the light, because that might be what’s keeping you awake.