Current Wings Quest 130
Rainbow Connection

Your dream theme?

Author  Message 
Wulf
Tawny wolf
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Mon 25 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

Often fleeing, trying to escape from someone or from somewhere. It is not scary, just exciting smile.

Svenshinhan
Dream Walker
Dream Deity
Svenshinhan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Mon 25 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

It used to be a lot of flying around and/or being chased by people (as in exciting, not necessarily nightmare-ish).

But lately those haven't happened as often as in the past. A lot of my dreams seem to revolve around current events in my life. Video games often feature. Or happenings from my daily life will return in some form. Actually, compared to previous years, my dreams make more sense to me than they did before.

One reason might be that my life as of late has been somewhat routine, at least as far as daily activity goes. University 4 days a week makes for regular traveling and interaction with roughly the same people. I don't have a lot of time to do other stuff, so I tend to not get too many "random" elements in my dreams.

That said, I keep having dreams about this one person I was friends with in high school. We haven't seen or spoken in over 6 years. And we were never really that close to begin with. Yet I've written down at least 6 or 7 dreams where he was a "main character."

But I digress.

Current LD goal(s): To expand the world of Silverwind City in my lucid dreams!
Grigorios
Searcher
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 27 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

One of the most common themes for me is living in my parents' apartment (where I lived as a child and a teenager) even though being grown up.
Another very common one is being lost somewhere, not being able to find my way, or having parked my car somewhere and not being able to find it when I come back.
Also school and school related things are very common for me (I am a teacher in my waking life).

mgroat
Carpe Noctem
Somniologist

PostPosted: Tue 02 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

My themes tend to change over time. For a while, it was common for my dreams to involve videogame characters of some sort. After that, I had a really frustrating theme: I'd have a false awakening, jot down a detailed account of my dream in my DJ, then wake up with no memory of the dream I'd just had. Fortunately, that's becoming less common.

Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Tue 02 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

The only prevailing theme, from what I can recollect, is my house. Quite a few of my dreams either took place at my house, or slowly morphed into my house as the dream went on. If this does not occur, my dreams are extremely random, and that's how I like 'em.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
TheTinyNinja
Freelance Ninja
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 6

PostPosted: Thu 18 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Right now, my dream theme seems to be video games: either being inside them (although not manipulated by a player somewhere else; I always have control of my own actions within the parameters of the game) or playing them, except that I don't notice the screen--it's like I'm floating in the game world.

When I started working on dream recall, I thought that a lot of my dreams involved an obstacle-filled journey from Point A to Point B. However, as I'm getting to the point of remembering a dream or two every night, I'm discovering that those dreams seem to be pretty uncommon.

Current LD goal(s): Meet my mind characters in a dream.
Quiesco
Re-active?
Astral Explorer

Great, now my dream-theme is friends.

I like my dreams.

Current LD goal(s): Visit that ball of plasma in the sky. Yup, the Sun.
Picknick10
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: lost count

My theme is world of warcraft and trying to fall asleep without noticing im already asleep (Ill sleep into the dream without loosing conciousness)

Current LD goal(s): Speak to my Subconcious
DreamDax

Subway
PostPosted: Sat 27 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

I am so often involved with the new york city subway system in my dreams. Im either on a train, taking a train, trying to find a train, transfering. etc...

Spasm
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 3

PostPosted: Sun 05 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I used to really have to go to the toilet in my dreams previously. Not anymore though smile I don't get any sexual dreams though.. oops (but what are LDs for tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Regain interest
Fate
Solitary
Dream Deity
Wolfgame
LD count: 16

PostPosted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

My dreams are usually related to me dying/someone being separated from a group of people, usually out of an act of heroism to save others*Fate spinning extremely fast - being scared/school.

The death in my dreams mostly occur to me in violent ways, the weapon I die by is usually a knife. I have gotten my throat slit, stomach stabbed, backstabbed, strangled and drowned.

The separation is most likely connected to the fact that sacrificing oneself for the sake of others is a very noble and heroic deed. I find the theme to be extremely touching.

The spinning, well, those dreams have accompanied me since childhood, I simply spin, usually by holding onto a vertical pipe that spins or something, feeling the g-forces. These dreams cause me to wake up after a while.

I think school haunts most of the people, I can see myself doing a test or an exam with no luck whatsoever. They are always very distressing, excluding during the holidays, because of the relief when you wake up.

Ysim
Playground King
Globahead
Ysim has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Wolfgame
LD count: i++;

PostPosted: Sat 11 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

My most common themes are zombies and "taking one for the team". Epic medieval dragon warfare also seems to creep up and find it's place in my SC often, too.

SOO many times I've been shot, stabbed, punched, kicked, etc in the efforts of saving or protecting others. It's never fatal, just painful.

As for zombies, my friends have learned. Usually it goes something like this:
Me: "Hey, I had a weird dream last night..."
Friends: "Oooh I love zombie dreams!"
Me: eek2

I think high school is a very common dream theme for any stressor. My mom has even made comments that when she's behind on her work or is afraid of being late for something, she'll have dreams about being in high school again and missing the bus, or dreading a final exam, etc. I have had my share of school dreams, but I'm generally good at not letting things stress me so much. It's been a good while since I've had one, too.

Current LD goal(s): Fire fight!
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 十&

Ysim wrote:
I think high school is a very common dream theme for any stressor. My mom has even made comments that when she's behind on her work or is afraid of being late for something, she'll have dreams about being in high school again and missing the bus, or dreading a final exam, etc. I have had my share of school dreams, but I'm generally good at not letting things stress me so much. It's been a good while since I've had one, too.

Actually, my high school dreams are more light hearted. Some actually make me laugh when I wake up. eh

But I know now that I've left high school the scene that is my "high school" in my dreams has shifted to being at a different angle than what it was. notify

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
Beat Doctor
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

For some reason all my dreams are different, and they have almost nothing in common, except for the fact that I'm always in some unseen, unknown location.

Current LD goal(s): Visit outer space, summon the first lucid dreamer.
Smooker
Haifisch
Somniologist
LD count: Sometimes.
Location: carlos's office"in the dream".just relax and visualize!

My dreams are different too , but in some of theme I'm in a hotel .

print