Movie thread Part IV

People are saying “Devil” is really good. I cant wait to see it. anyone saw it yet?

I noticed the big movie topic, but I want to know what other people think about this movie, and the big movie topic seems to just be a bunch of people listing off movies they saw, but feel free to merge if necessary.

So today I saw forest gump, and i must say it was a very sad movie. The entire purpose of the director appeared to be to raise your spirits and hopes then crush them.

Like honestly, the only guys who survives the entire movie is Lt.Dane. Everyone else gets shot or dies some other way. And it was really sad when jenny died. For the whole movie they were together then she left again and again until they got married and then she died.

The parts in the middle were amazing, like how he sets up his shrimping business, and some parts were motivating and funny, like his run, but the ending was just extremely sad, especially since all movies these days have happy endings.

What I want to hear from you guys is what do you think of the movie? Did you enjoy it but thought the ending could’ve been better? Did you find some parts happy but others extremely sad? I wanna know what other people think about this movie, because I have never seen anything of this type before.

I thought the movie was amazing. It was an emotional roller coaster, though. I thought the saddest part wasn’t when Jenny died (never really liked her), but when Bubba died. He was only in the movie for a really short time, and he was so awesome!

It was really cool when he set up the business, and got rich, and there was a lot of humor in the movie as well, such as when Forrest is in the military hospital, and learns he can play ping-pong well.

All in all, an amazing movie with an odd story, and a sad ending. Truly an one in a kind movie.

Naked Lunch. watch it

Grown Ups! What a great movie to have good laughs, reminds of the good life out there and how most of the people are just missing it.

How to Train your Dragon was good indeed. I recently watched Sweeney Todd, twice, and I now have all the songs stuck in my head. They won’t go away!!!

And I watched Inception, which made me want to get back to LDing!

One more How to Train Your Dragon thumbs-up from your truly!

When I looked at this topic yesterday I noticed the old post from Lucidity_Master, including the quote and I thought to myself “why the heck haven’t I watched this yet?”

I am INCREDIBLY busy at the moment, with a lot of work to do for university. In other words: a perfect time to watch a movie! Enjoyed it thoroughly. One of those movies that can make you feel like a kid again, and it still takes the viewer seriously. This is the kind of stuff that I’m likely to dream about the next few days.

I just came home from watching the new Tron movie. I must say it was a worthy sequel to the original! The original Tron is my favorite movie of all time, and have seen it six times. The special effects upgrade was quite nice and the soundtrack was amazing (Done by Daft Punk). But it is hard understand some things unless you’ve seen the original, though. Go watch it if you have the time! :happy:

O.O I can’t believe my eyes! We have huge topics upon topics on nice music or video games but I couldn’t find a single movie topic. :whistle:

Anyway here we are then. I’d like to watch some more good movies so any suggestions?

Probably you heard about all of them but here’s the list of the movies that I watched about LD’ing (more or less :content: ):

What Dreams May Come [this one get me lucid for the first time ever]
Waking Life
Dreamscape
Paprika
Science of Sleep
The Good Night
Vanilla Sky
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
MirrorMask

on the subject of dreaming

The classic; alice in wonderland :happy:

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind is one of my all time favourites :content:

Just thought about the cartoon Dr. Snuggles. Who remembers this cartoon? Although not having a lot of episodes it always stuck to me as one of the favourite cartoons to watch when I was little. Either inspired by amazing dreams or … drugs. :lol:

I don’t know all of those yet… got some work to do :tongue:

But just to clarify I this isn’t necesarily movies about dreaming or LDing… just good movies in general.

Then my list would be much much longer! :grin:

I would recommend:
The Chronicles of Narnia - definitely,
Deja Vu,
Inkheart,
Zeitgeist [I love conspiracy theories :content: ],
Shutter Island,
Righteous Kill,
City Of Ember
A Bronx Tale
Saw
No Country For Old Men
Seven Pounds…

So I just collected a lot of movies I like a lot… up to you if you want to see the list…

I’ll put it in a spoiler so it won’t take as much space :content:

SPOILER - Click to view

in a random order:

• Le fabuleaux destin d’Amelie Poulain
  • Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
  • Litte miss sunshine
  • Anche libero van bene
  • De helaasheid der dingen
  • Blinkende lygter
  • Les enfants du paradis
  • Das leben der Anderen
  • The dreamers
  • Efter brylluppet
  • J’ai tué ma mère
  • Nói albinói
  • Erik of het klein insectenboek
  • De laatste dagen van Emma Blank
  • Kan door huid heen
  • La stanza del figlio
  • Festen
  • Mulholland drive
  • La vita è bella
  • Reprise
  • The royal Tenenbaums
  • Minoes
  • Cloaca
  • The shawshank redemption
  • Spirited away
  • Le scaphandre et le papilon
  • Love actually
  • Another year
  • Loft (belgium one)
  • Simon
  • Le concert
  • Os famosos e os duendes da morta
  • The gods must be crazy
  • Sarajevo, my love
  • Sophie Scholl
  • Caché
  • Être et avoir
  • Karakter
  • Waltz with Bashir
  • Inglorious Bastards
  • Taxi I
  • Pazar
  • Black cat white cat

(those forgotten will be added later :tongue: )

Ahahah, sneaky, sneaky mods! :happy:
I opened this thread yesterday and it was only Blenderman’s first post in it. Then i refresh it today and 7 pages?? And Blenderman’s post on 7th page? :confused: :eek:
Good one :peek:

To add some relevance to my post… Recently i watched Let Me In (2010) and shortly thereafter Let the right one in (2008) and fell in love with them. The former is an american version of it, but almost copied from the latter, which is the original, swedish version. So both are very similar, in content as in quality. They’re made after a swedish book “Let the right one in” by John Ajvide Lindqvist (yea, i googled his name, sheesh) which of course i had to read as well as the movies inevitably omit some contents of the book.
I hesitate to elaborate on the plot, since it’s very nonstereotipical. I think it’s even classified as horror, which is utter bollocks.
An amazing film anyhow, well worth the watch. If you’re feeling adventurous, try the 2008 swedish version, or if you prefer familiar touch of hollywood, give the 2010 film a go. Either way, you’re not missing a huge deal from the alternative.

I liked Donnie Darko so much too. It’s one of my favorites but I believe watching it without reading Cellar Door https://www.ruinedeye.com/cd/ doesn’t actually leave you with full understanding. After thinking about the symbols there, I started to like it more.

Just because all the people said that S. Darko sucks, I didn’t watch it, I didn’t want to be dissapointed. I don’t know what TheS means by “total different movie” (maybe it is a way to say how much the movie suks) but as far as I know, S. Darko is actually connected to Donnie arko because S. Darko sees her brother or something like that.

I also like Into the Wild too much, maybe because it was based on a true story or maybe because I’m imressed by Christopher’s (or should I call him Alexander?) strong stand against society.

• Big Fish would be fun to watch too though some people say it doesn’t seem good because it is not realistic, but it is already Tim Burton’s movie :smile:

Yeah that’s one of my favourites. Chris was such a special man, his view of the world so different from anyone else’s. I really dislike the people seeing his way of thinking as ‘suicidal’ or negative in any way, just because it differs so strongly from the value’s that his and our communities are set about.
Anyway it’s Chris, and not Alexander… call it by it’s right name remember? :wink:

[quote=“Blenderman”]
Clous wrote:

Anyway it’s Chris, and not Alexander… call it by it’s right name remember?

Hmm, yes maybe…
But still, I think he would want us to call him “Alexander Supertramp”. Maybe? :happy: Because it was his choice to be called like that :smile: but you are right as well because his real name is Christopher :content:

I recommend Colossus, the Forbin project.
It is really a great movie, that has been underestimated. It doesn’t have anything to do with dreams, it’s about a computer trying to take over the world. HAL 9000 is scary but Colossus is terrifying.

[spoiler]
The ending is awesome[/spoiler]

@Clous: I almost get the idea you never saw the ending of the movie… you might want to watch it again :content: