The Secret of Frequent Lucid Dreamers

Best wishes on having your first lucid dream!

I remember my first lucid dream, and it blew my mind. I used a relatively simple technique ( my version of the Castaneda method ) and had a lucid dream within three days. You can read about that technique at dreaminglucid.com/fivetechniques.html

Just a question… how exactly do I develope a lucid mindset? I tried, but I keep forgetting about it.

Thank you for being so helpful. It is really appreciated. :dragon:

Great article.

I am going to try that hand one before I lay down to sleep. It’s easy and fun.

Nice. I have the lucid mindset. :razz:

My “RC” involves asking myself, “Is this realistic? Why? What was I doing before to get to this point?” etc. It allows you to think critically about the world around you. Eventually in dreams, you will more easily be able to tell when something is off.

It is easy and a good thing to do with all your dreamsigns or whenever else in the day you decide to question yourself. Actually, this very way of thinking was even mentioned in the movie Inception. I was happy to see that. :cool:

Hi, Robert. Can you supply me with an e-mail address for Line Salvesen?

Thank you in advance!

I’m Line Salvesen. :wink: my email is line@ioslo.net

Very interesting topic and great post.

Thanks for sharing this with us! :smile:

I wonder how far that would affect our daily life and society itself.

Great article Robert!
I had been asking myself this very same question for some time now too. I’ve only tried this a few times, but will be more vigilant and persistent from now on. Habits are very hard for me to form. The only ones I have so far are writing down my dreams and having my cup of coffee in the morning. Other than that I am a sporadic person, one that doesn’t like doing the same thing more then once or twice, so my life is chaotic and changing by choice. Becoming lucid every night is a good reason for having some repetition in my daily life though :smile:

Definitely a fantastic article Robert. It sums up some the concepts that were circling around the air recently so perfectly, and it is a great how-to guide, as well! Congratulations for the good job :content:

This was an awesome article.
Thank you for writing it :cheesy:
I hope I can grow this lucid mindset!

Hmmm, easier set than done, that’s for sure. Did well the first few days and only remembered it 2 or 3 times the last few. Come on new habit! Form already! :pharaoh:

Critical checking of reality may lead to schizophrenia over time…I honestly feel it will because I have been doing that critical checking for too long and I realized over time it will create a loose sense of what real is and then spiral toward confusion and ultimately schizophrenia like feelings and thoughts so I strongly believe this process of attaining lucidity is not for everyone unless the individual has a very firm grip on reality but then again having strong grip would negate the critical checking of reality so I would say it’s not entirely safe for the mind.

IMJ

Nice read, although it is most definitely “easier said then done.” I guess this also goes along the lines of “lucid living.” RCs are almost useless if all you are doing is a physical act.

A worldwide lucid dreaming session… good thing the lucid world doesn’t use a server. :bored: Great project.er, interview, it was insightful to me. It even renewed my hopes of getting a lucid dream by talking to myself…wait, I do that already. What was that about schizophrenia? :help: :eh: :sly: :peek:
I hope that came out right.

Hy Robert. I like this Castaneda method. I’ll try it, because my first LD was induced by MILD and DILD method and RC with hands. So i figured I’m dreaming when i looked at my hands… So this method involves hands and this is what i need, thank you…

interesting article Robert, it is funny to see that I was using a method that I thought was my own but that has already a scientist name on it haha (look at hands).

This confirms to me the fact that knowledge and discovery are shared by each of us, the only difference is that some day someone decides to put his name on it.

good luck to everyone for their next lucid dream !

Thanks for sharing this! This technique sort of is like lucid living, and probably requires quite a bit of effort to fall into the habit of it, but I’ll definitely try! Thanks!

This is great! I’ve had trouble with the whole reality checks thing, because it just doesn’t work for me. And dreams seem to be so highly personal, I figured there is probably a reason why. So the main thing involved seems to be what motivates us most to think critically about our experiences.

I notice more and more that I am a background storyteller and various characters in my dreams at the same time, so I should probably concentrate more on that. Maybe ask myself questions about story-writing or film making or something (Not that this fits well into real life, but it would be helpful in instances where I am revising a dream as I experience, to make the story tighter.)

Impressive article, thank you very much.

Although difficult to change your mindset, this is the ultimate solution to becoming lucid. I think deffo the ‘What was I just doing’ type question is easier than just constantly wondering if this is a dream, since your previous actions will always change (especially if you are having a busy day). Whereas constantly doing RC’s to check if it’s reality can become labourious and too repetitive.