ND Challenge 2 - Winner: Moogle

[i]Welcome to the Second Normal Dream Challenge of LD4all![/i]
A challenge to test and improve dream recall, quality and clarity of recorded dreams, as well as the ability to incubate non-lucid dreams. It also serves as an encouragement to read others’ Dream Journals and vice versa.

History
ND Challenge 1 - Winner Ysim

Here are the rules:

-----------------------------

10 points per ND recalled
20 points per LD recalled
5 points per successful chain
25 points per personal challenge incubated dream
25 points per late incubation task dream
40 points per current incubation task dream
5 points per dream of the current incubation task done while lucid
5 points per dream of personal challenge done while lucid
15 points per most interesting Dream Journal vote
15 points per most well written Dream Journal vote

There will be 10 Incubation Tasks, one announced each Sunday and Wednesday. Your goals overall are to recall and record dreams in detail, and to have a dream about the current or past task.
You may also choose a personal challenge.
Please pre-state your personal challenge upon signup. Once you have completed your challenge you may choose a new one.

Please put a link to your DJ when you sign up. If you do not have a Dream Journal on LD4all, start one, it is a great habit. You may create a temporary DJ in the Dream Journal forum. If you wish to make it truly temporary, just contact a moderator after the challenge to have it removed.
Of course only dreams had DURING the course of the challenge are eligible for points. It may be a good idea to make a comment in your DJ of where your first ND Challenge Dream begins.

Throughout the challenge the other participants may read your Dream Journal to vote on. They will be voted on at the end of each task best content, and best writing style.

At the end of every incubation session you may vote on who’s DJ you enjoyed the most, in the categories of Most Interesting Content (or “best overall content”), and Most Well Written (or “best clarity of writing”) Journal. Only dreams from within the challenge should be considered.
You have two (2) votes, one (1) per category, at the end of each task. This means there will be one voting period, which I will make a 3 day deadline on, that hangs out at the end of the ND Challenge.
You cannot vote for yourself.
Votes may be submitted via post or by pm for sake of being anonymous.
You earn 15 points per vote you receive.
You do not have to vote if you do not want to, but it is encouraged.

Example of Points:

Recal and taskl: For every ND you have you get 10 points. If that dream completes the challenge you get 10 + 25 (for personal challenge or late task) or 10 + 40 (for current task). A lucid dream recalled will get you 15 points; however, as this is an incubation challenge, creating the task after becoming lucid will only gain you 15 + 5 (for current task or personal challenge), or 15 + 0 (for late task). This is not to penalize you for being lucid, but the ND Challenge is about dream incubation, not lucidity.

Votes: If after the first task has ended, three people have voted your DJ most interesting and one gave you a vote for most well written, that’s an additional 45 (3 votes) + 15 (1 vote) = 60.

Fragments: If you wake up and only recall fragments (ie: “Something about wires, a car, and flying with birds…”), you will be given 5 points even if all fragments are from different dreams/snippets. The taskmaster, however, reserves the right to double that to 10 points should there be an excessive amount of fragments.

Chaining: If you wake from a dream and immediately re-enter it (regardless of lucidity) you will be granted 5 extra points. That is, if you have a ND (10 points) wake and roll over back to sleep; re-enter it (5 points) and continue the dream (10 points); wake, roll over, re-enter (5 points); and that becomes a lucid dream (20 points); you have gained 50 points for prolonging the dream. That is provided you recall it :wink:

Overall: If you had 4 votes (60 points), and you had 2 ND’s and one completed the current task, 60 (from votes) + 20 (recalled ND’s) + 40 (current task) = 130 points. If one night you woke recalling only fragments, that’s another 5 points, but later that day you took a nap and chained (+5 points) a ND (+10 points) into an LD (+20 points) in which you did the current challenge (+5 points) you’re sitting at 175 points.

If you have any questions please ask.

-----------------------------

The Contestants:
ND Challenge 2
NameDream JournalPersonal Goal

1. GHOSTIE11 Searching For Truth Part 5 Listen to my DC’s
  2. moogle [ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams Visit hippo in the labyrinth
  3. Scipio Xaos DJ Make it to The Portal
  4. Togro Togro’s dreams Meet hot chicks
  5. Mew151 Mew151’s dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo Have a nightmare
  6. OlegEqualzName The Black Notebook remember scenary to some accuracy
  7. Eilatan Going Out Your Front Door Get to the clearing on the Lion Turtle’s back
  8. Limitles The Limitles DJSail on an old fashioned pirate ship

ND Challenge 2
NameDream JournalPersonal Goal1. GHOSTIE11 :smile:

Yay, I feel special to be number #1 for once :tongue:

ND Challenge 2
[size=75][color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Name[color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Dream Journal[color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Personal Goal[/size]1. GHOSTIE11 :smile:

1. moogle :moogle:

but shouldn’t you be number 11 ghostie? :tongue:

ND Challenge 2
[size=75][color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Name[color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Dream Journal[color=#e4ecee]…[/color]Personal Goal[/size]1. GHOSTIE11 :smile: Searching For Truth Part 4 developing myself

1. moogle :moogle: [ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams visit hippo in the labyrinth

Technically I should :razz: but I never been first in a signup list before :razz:

Ghostie, can you be more specific about your goal to develop yourself? It should be something achievable and objective enough that you can say when you have achieved it :wink:

ND Challenge 2
NameDream JournalPersonal Goal1. GHOSTIE11 :smile: Searching For Truth Part 4 listen to my DC’s

Xander, happy now? :razz:

ND Challenge 2
NameDream JournalPersonal Goal1. GHOSTIE11 :smile: Searching For Truth Part 4 listen to my DC’s

2. Vampirism45 :boogie: Vampirism45’s Dream JournalMeet the dude that robbed my house in the first nightmare recorded in my DJ again

I feel like joining. This should improve my dream recall tenfold. :grin:

Thanks for showing this thread Xander, but when will we start?

I think this thread will need to be stickied so more people will see it.

This seems like a great idea. I’d love to sign-up, but no one has been on this topic for almost half a year…

I’m still willing to host it if we get more sign ups. :smile: Those on the list seem to still be around, so I’m just going to wait for more sign ups.

Dibs on meeting a hot chick!

ND Challenge 2

2. Vampirism45 :boogie: Vampirism45’s Dream JournalMeet the dude that robbed my house in the first nightmare recorded in my DJ again

Stickered yes. It would be an interesting add in.

woah, this is great!! i want, i want!

1. avalinah, and i want to fight as many fights, be a hero and save the world and stuff xD (been doing that all week :wink: ). and my DJ

Eek! That DD link of mine is old :unk:

are we still playing? :sad: seriously, we need some more people on this! i really want to do this. i can’t really participate in LC, so… XD i at least want some kind of challenge! people! please sign up!!

let’s get people to sign up somehow :meh:

Hor do we copy the list, lol? I can’t find a way to do it without quoting it…

Oh! And I completed my challenge!

I don’t think forums are very efficient with this type of challenge thing. I know we can manage to keep things organized, but if anyone would want to look for alternatives I would be happy to help them.

The first thing on my mind would be something like Google Docs, where you can make lists available to everyone, editable only by host. And comfortable point system with on-site editing tools.

I’m not sure that this is necessary (I’m not sure about anything), but wanted to help you. :smile:

ND Challenge 2

4. avalinah ava’s DJ fight as many fights, be a hero and save the world and stuff xD
  5. ebilshrimp dreams of ebilshrimp. Go to china and visit some old architecture.
  6. Togro meet hot chicks

there you go ava my names on the list. and I added yours too, oh yeah hang on…
/me adds togro to the list.

I love this idea, a challenge based on Normal Dreams!

I’m definitely in, but I’m just wondering, is the personal goal a ND, or a LD goal?

ND Challenge 2

4. avalinah ava’s DJ fight as many fights, be a hero and save the world and stuff xD
  5. ebilshrimp dreams of ebilshrimp. Go to china and visit some old architecture.
  6. Togro meet hot chicks
  7. Altuno Altuno’s Journal of Dreams Learn an unknown truth about myself or someone else.