I Tried WILD

So coming back to this site yesterday, when I went to bed I tried the WILD technique.

Pretty funky if I don’t say so myself, its the first time I’ve done anything but go to bed with taking supplements hoping for dreams. I tried it about twice in all, it was really freaky,the first time I did it I lasted through a multitude of body twitches, itches, and hand and foot numbness, I saw alot of stuff and actually began to hear things.

I wasn’t sure if I was asleep or not, then I rolled and well I fell out of bed.

I tried again but could get comfy, and it all resulted in a bit of a sleepless night, I’ll try again sometime soon. All in all its a very interesting experience, I’ll try and do it till I get it right eventually.

Also my last logged dream contained snow, and today I woke up and its snowed :eek: I hope it disappears by Thursday :sad:

It sound like you’re getting there. It can be a pretty unusual experience what with the HI and all. The thing that caught my attention was that you had trouble sleeping. If you’re doing it right before bed, your mind is a little too active and doesn’t go straight to REM. Your chances of keeping yourself up from the concentration alone are pretty high, not to mention the unpleasant feeling your body gets as it goes into SP (if you ever even reach it).

Try this; set an alarm 5-6 hours from when you first go to bed. Maybe repeat an intention or MILD mantra as you fall asleep, but either way go to sleep as normal. Then, after the alarm wakes you up, go right back to sleep while attempting WILD. You’ll go straight into REM at this point and the whole process is much faster. The only hard part is maintaining your concentration, but that’s WILD for you. Just don’t get discouraged if you simply pass out the first few times :content:

Cheers Rhewin

Probably the one thing that I found difficult was not swallowing any excess saliva that builds up, as I read on one of the FAQ’s here that you shouldn’t.

So yeah, I didn’t expect to get that far in for my first attempt, but I certainly was numb. Is the itches and twitches meant to happen? I’d think the numbness is due to entering SP but I dunno.

Also breathing, seems to shift from pounding like your heart is going to escape, to near a soft whisper, quite freaking on both ends. :eh:

I found some of the imagery rather disturbing but interesting, thanks Rhewin.

I really wish that no swallowing thing wasn’t in the FAQ. Worrying about not swallowing breaks your concentration more than swallowing ever would. If you let your body do it automatically it will be fine.