Quest 61: The Spirit of Giving V

LD4all Quest 61: December : The Spirit of Giving V
Author: pasQuale

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

The Spirit of Giving V
It’s that time of year again! This Quest has become an LD4all tradition.
We are nearing Christmas, and one of the Christmas feelings is the spirit of giving. And of receiving too. Therefore, this Quest, you will give another dreamer a present. You can attempt to have a real shared dream, or give it to someone you love IRL or maybe to a dream character you like. The point is to experience giving.

The fun part of this one is of course to team up with another dreamer and try to exchange gifts. But you may also give a present to anyone you like in your dream. The fun part of teaming up with someone is that you also get to receive their gift, to try and find what they left you in another dream. To receive the gift isn’t necessary to complete the Quest, it’s a bonus option.

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• become lucid :wink:
  • Give a gift to your buddy or to someone you want to give a gift to.
  • bonus: receive a gift back from your buddy
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you have to post in this topic that you have succeeded)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - I will only give wings if you feel you have been succesfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

I will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

bonus option: (and most fun one :grin:
Select a buddy who you will do this Quest with. You can do this either by PM or a post in the forum, in any case make a post in this topic announcing who your buddy is.

Then, your goal is to give your gift to your buddy, AND to receive your buddy’s gift. You can try do do that in one dream, but you can also use more dreams for it. (You would give the gift in one LD, and then in another LD you will search for the gift that your buddy left you)

It is possible you meet your buddy in a ND and receive a gift, that counts too. But the dream you actually bring the gift should be a LD. (This is a lucid dreaming Quest after all :tongue: )

Your gift should be packaged, so the receiver has to unpack it.
You can chose to give a surprise gift (you don’t know what is in it yourself) or select something you want to give. Be sure to wrap it up.

Giftshopping in your dream world:* Reach out in your pocket/bag and know your gift is inside.

• Enter a shop and get something you like, have it gift wrapped…
  • Summon or materialize the gift you want to give. Call: “please let the perfect gift for [name] appear”
  • Expect the gift to be there when you turn around. Turn around.

Finding the receiver
note:You should bring the gift personally, so no sending it or giving it to someone else to bring it.* Enter an elevator and press the button with the name of your buddy to get there

• Stand in front of a door. Know that behind the door you will find your buddy. Open the door and go inside.
  • Summon your buddy. Call out his/her name.
  • Ask someone in your dream to take you to the one you want to give your present to.
  • You could also set up a meeting place, in that case use any of the above methods (or your own method) to travel to the meeting place.

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest
  • Decide what you will do to find your gift, decide who you will give it to (if you haven’t teamed up with a buddy) Do you already know what you will give or will it be a surprise gift? How will you find the gift receiver?

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

Be sure to announce who you have teamed up with in the topic!

last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

Nice idea :smile: One of my personal goals atm is to talk to DC’s. Giving them a present as well would probably make things even better :happy:

This is an EPIC idea, imma gonna have to start checking out the quests more regularly :smile: I’m gonna TXT my budday rite now and c if he will do it with me :grin:

I was so close to doing this, I had a LD last night and remembered the quest, but I didn’t know what to give =\ I’ll try again tonight.

It seems I might be ready to try my first quest, I have an entire month to fulfill this, I will try my best!

I want to try this! I just got back into LDing recently and I feel like taking this quest!

ERRRR SO CLOSE TO LD’ing LAST NITE!!!

Does the gift of Freedom count? I seem to give that a lot in my dreams.

ARG dove into my shasdow 3 days to late, now time for gift giving/recieving.

Had an LD last night, couldn’t stabilize it enoguh for me to give someone a present, oh well! Better luck next LD!

Well, today I had an LD but nobody gave me a present, plus I didn’t care enough to give anyone a present; I felt like flying.

It starts right off the bat, most epicly, I start off in school. I immediately saw the problem, we had 2 weeks of no school and it wasn’t even the end of the first. I asked a projection what day it was. he said “Saturday”. I said, “that’s impossible, yesterday was Sunday, I checked my phone! So if yesterday was Saturday and yesterday is Sunday, I’m dreaming! I slowly take my hand to my nose- it glowed a blue fire- and I put my hand on my nose. My nose was numb, but I tryed my half trick. I wasn’t sure, I put my whole hand on it- with some off- and squeezed, I blew andd it blowed. I skip to an emptier class with my most frustrating teacher Mrs. Kemble. We were all getting in before the bell when I asked myself questions. I wonder what I couuld do… I’td be interesting to see that black guy’s color white and the opposite black. (not racist, but the faces of the 2 colors are different, that’s why) I ask “Why am I here?” Mrs. Kemble says” you have detention in here" I say, “Ha, i’m too smart to get detention, if I were to get it, it’s because of how smart I truly can be” (I usually get detention for arguing with a teacher’s logic… except science)I walk out and i’m transporting into LittleBigPlanet.
This is a huge give-a-way, and I realize it’s a dream again. I’m transported to outside. Day time, sun in the last spot I saw it IRL. I wanted to fly, practise for when in the future I would transform into a Dragon. I jumped, about to the top of a house and leaned forward. I had my hands behind me, I copied this from Sonic the Hedgehog when he is Super Sonic. I’m flying, hitting and landing on almost and every building. Everything starts go a tad 3d-ish blurry. I land and fall back into another LBP lvl. I try to shake myself to keep lucidity and succeed.
I force myself back to the same location. I am standing in front of a care package in a white bag. It’s a machine gun… I flew away from it. I then see while flying in the same neighborhood, some true friends from high school. I fly a bit behind and land. I heard they were looking for somebody, so I rushed forward to find the soon found out person when I run into another care package, I instantly click to the quest, “If anybody wants whats in here, you can have it”(who wants a machine gun? Oh even I shouldn’t ask- Mr. UMP47 in my room- of course it’s an electronic airsoft gun!)
that’s the short version. Anyways, my teacher gave me detention and I gave away a machine gun!

Merry christmas! I hope I’m not too late but funnily enough last night I completed the quest! I didn’t finish it in a spectacular way but I think it works.

-I’m in the living room. Presents surround me. I do a hand reality check, and although I have 5 fingers on my hand I still know it’s a dream. I look over at one of my parents. I decide to give her a gift, but not just one of these gifts around me! I want one from the mind. I close my eyes and then look over at a table to see a wrapped gift has suddenly appeared! I instantly know that it is an iron, but I give it to my parents regardless, they seem happy.

I woke up at this point as the dream continued to shut my eyes and I tried too hard to open them, so my phisical body did instead :razz:

So I feel I succeeded, hope it counts!

Great job! I thought I was gonna be a lone winner… if I even won. If i did… hey, we can be lone winners together!

I’ll be handing out wings tomorrow, and will also post the new Quest then. That’s the plan, anyhow :grin:. Until then, this Quest is still active!

So you mean there is one more night to do this?

I´m completely new here so please have patience with me, i read the FAQ but errors may still be made :wink: Also english is not my main lanuage.

Does this count? I read about this adventure last night and I signed up here yesterday as well. I did not intend to LD, although this night I dreamt and suddenly there was a large wrapped gift in my dream. I realized in my dream that “hey this is exactly what I read about in LD4All, but I did not choose a recipent for the gift” :content: I´m always a bit practical and remembers strange things…

The dream went on now with me in the control of it, I gave the gift to a close friend and I knew that I had no clue what it contained, my friend was so excited over the big gift wrapped in glossy christmas red paper and large ribbons tied in a bow on top. Just the way you want them!

I gave my friend a quick mental explanation about why she was recieving the gift, she understood why and suddenly jus ripped the gift wrapper of, making a loud sound.

What did the gift contain then?

A warp to an open meadow, I tried to fly but got no success, and asked my friend if she would like a horseride instead. She was happy about that and I succesfully summoned 2 horses. Better than nothing! I love when my dreams take me to meadows with the sun, the heat, the calmness… after this the memory is fuzzy.

I was so suprised when I woke up this morning realizing that I completed an adventure whitout intention. I did not thought I would be able to but now I know better! Although I know my dreams often correspond to what I come across in reality I wasnt excpecting his.

Thank you for the quest!

Wow, now that is a close shave! Who knows, you’re probably the earliest to have an a LD once joined onto the site! That sounds like an interesting prize! Grrrreeaat job! :wink: :content:

Thanks! I do think that I got the LD because of that I reacted so strongly about this topic IRL and remembered it and thought alot about it. I never get any prizes so this was so fun :content:

[center]

Congratulations

Dragonmind
EagleBeak
Vista

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

:boogie: :boogie:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time :smile:
[/center]

Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest :smile: