Inception; My After thought

[Very slight spoilers in here regarding the film.]

I’ve just watched Inception, and wow! It really has messed up with my head, but I don’t wanna talk about-

• ‘is it possible to do extraction/inception’
    -‘Dream within a dream’
    -‘Limbo/lifetime span dreams’

What I do, is the architects, do you guys think it would be possible or has anyone tried planning a dreamscape(map)

Remember your reoccurring dreams, always these dreams are in the same place, the area is important that’s the reoccurring part. And also the Gates for example , doors leading to new places.

I haven’t achieved lucidity purposely yet, but anyone who has, have you ever been able to load doors that leads to different areas?

And the memory prison in the film, each floor was a different memory, do you think this could be done for different dreamscapes(maps)?

For instance, your a lucid dreamer you’re in your lift you press 4, it takes you to a forest. The door idea is different this is on the spot, but the lift is a pre-determined set of dreams you can enter through the lift.

Secondly, the totems, has any one got one? If so what is it, and how did you come up with it? And what are your thoughts on them?

There was alot of things I found fascinating in the films for example, they called dream characters projections, The Kick, and so on, I might talk about them later on but for now, what do you guys think on gates; doors, mirrors, windows, lifts?

Are they possible, have you used it, how do you use it, how did you plan it, why do you use it, etc.

Hi :smile:

In regards to the totems, I find the entire idea mostly useless :razz: a simple reality check seems much simpler. Some may argue that the use of a totem is, in itself, a reality check. Also, I would imagine a physical object could easily be distorted by your mind unwillingly, rather than checking your reality through poking yogur finger through your hand. Basically, An action seems More reliable, than An object.

A few years ago, I had a string of dreams that took place over a week, and were in the same place (white room). The events that transpired left marks that carried on into the next dream (mostly explosions). Which, I think, shows how a dreamscape could occur the same in another dream. Whether or not u can deliberately go to a previous dreamscape is something I can’t comment on :wink:

Thanks for that drummer, I’ve yet to get to the stage of a RC maybe I’m just observing mysleep, but I don’t have to many dreamsigns yet, so I dunno.

The predetermined dreamscapes interest me alot though, and the use of Portals/Gateways in the use of doors, mirrors, windows, elevators, etc. Does anyone know if this is possible? Such as the memory prison in Inception, but replacing the memories with a dreamscape.

For example the lift, basement could be a mountain, ground could be a beach, 1st floor a underwater alcove etc, etc.

Earl: There’s already a topic on this subject HERE.

Even if there wasn’t, it belongs in Lucidity Centerstage.

Anyways, this should probably be merged with said topic.

Also: There are spoiler tags for a reason, click the spoiler button or type [spoiler ], your message, then [/spoiler ]

Totems are really… honestly bad ideas imo… there are far more reliable RCs out there.

Lastly, the elevator/lift idea is actually mentioned quite a few times on here as a reliable transportation, check out the current Lucid quest, the first suggestion for helping people find their receiver is press a button on an elevator (And it works!)
In fact, you don’t even need a set location for each floor, make your own customized buttons, it’s really not exaggerated enough in the film.
Many of the things in the film (minus the dream security, DCs disliking you for abusing dream powers, and multiple dream levels/lengths) are realistic but EXTREMELY generalized.

Oh, the sleep stuff and SD machine, as well as Limbo and all that other crap are also rather non-realistic.