Third Person Controlled

See, there are times when people say they want to get away from third person, that they want to be experiencing their dream as it is happening to them.

The idea here would be the opposite of that. Perhaps to still maintain the feelings and controls of your body, but to be separate and visioning whats happening to it from somewhere else (or maybe watching something else happen where your body isn’t, like Mrs. Potato Head in Toy Story 3).

A good explanation would be something like having a floating eye, but none in the sockets. Obviously this may be a bit gruesome, but its a dream… you don’t have to adhere strictly to that model. I think it would be an interesting experience though, if anyone wanted to try it.

… it’s weird, but despite being the one posting about it… I kind of don’t want to try it myself :tongue:

my ND are quite often in 3rd person, i feel like that must be a good thing, none LD though.

I usually do this a lot too. I hate it.

ill definitely have to try this, ive been a DO in ND’s before, but never controlled entities from an alternate perspective, not even in an LD.

i think ill give it a try

Any time I have dreams that I think I’m playing a video game it’s third person. I’ve done it in a LD once or twice, though I’ll admit I’ve never really felt connected to other body since I fell like I’m controlling it from somewhere else.

This is where I think games have ruined the chance of me becoming lucid so much, it’s such a weird feeling, I am inside the game but not exactly with the body I am using.

Why would that ruin your chances of becoming lucid? I’ve caught dreams while in thirs person. Many times I just put down the controller (whether I had one there in the dream or not) and walk away :tongue:

Once whilst playing a game, after I died in the game, I was back in my room still in the dream, and instantly caught onto the fact I was dreaming, whilst I am in the game/dream it just feels like im playing a game as usual, even if it is completely wack…

I used to have more third person dreams, especially where I’d be watching what I did. I do remember one from this last year, but they’re not so common anymore for me. I almost miss them cause they’re interesting to think about. In my third persons I usually would just feel like I was floating there and following my body, not doing much. Sometimes my two different “selves” would be doing different things though. They don’t really happen anymore for me, sadly…

Now I want another third person dream.

i had an ND where i think i’ve been playing call of duty as an sniper while watching myself in third person. It was really exceiting!

This could be interesting.

My fear is that it would bring to progressively lose control of your body. More specifically, it could be hard to have tactile feelings in third person.

Good idea, thought, I’m curious to try something like that