i think ive just had my first lucid dream...whooo hoo

Author  Message 
ze_gobou
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Mon 13 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

(TL:DR)
Congrats on your first lucid dream !

But, just in case you don't know, WILD works best in the morning (that would be a WBTB) or after a nap. It is nearly impossible to have a WILD in the evening. It's likely to cause insomnia if you try too hard (this might be why you couldn't sleep until 3am).

arne saknussemm
Somniologist
Somniologist

So all the thousands and thousands of people who have been trying for years and years to have a lucid dream and still haven't had one just haven't been trying hard enough?

Really? Where is any "data" that backs up this preposterous statement?

Lucidity in dreaming is something that occurs very close to the waking state. That's why most of your LDs will end with your waking up.

Now, deep sleep isn't close to the waking state, is it? But light sleep is close to the waking state, isn't it?

Connect the dots. It's not complicated.

ZRVera
Alien Violinist
Dream Deity
ZRVera has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Not counting.

I don't see how that proves your point about people who try to have an LD and can't for years. Sure that may be true. And do you know these thousands and thousands of people? As mattias said, maybe they just haven't found something that works for their individual selves on a regular basis. It happens.

Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover

yes, really. Where is the data?

Circumstantial evidence like "i've had 2000 lucid dreams so i know" and "a bunch of people try and don't succeed, trust me!" doesn't fly with me, unfortunately.

RODDERS790
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 2

thank you everybody, i thought i was digging my own grave at one point.

and arne where have you carried out this research, do you know of thousands and thousands people, and have they all said to you that they cant LD because of their insomnia, and if all these people did say this to you, then who told them that its insomnia that's causing this,

if this was true then this would already be common knowledge

besides thinking you have more knowledge than me is wrong also, i, like every other person on the planet has been dreaming my whole life and taking note of them, just because i was not aware that i could control them does not make me less educated. i found out about three weeks ago that this was a possibility and already i have achieved this with very little knowledge of this fact

also you say you cant progress, but in the same statement you mention learning...learning is progress. you cannot have one without the other.

and from what i have learned is that LD is not an exact science and different things work for different people. so how can you say what is really what.

i personally don't think it is a question of trying hard, more like, trying the right thing, so it enters your sc or attention properly

and thank you every body for your POSITIVE feedback, and your congrats!

Current LD goal(s): to stay in a LD

Last edited by RODDERS790 on Mon 13 Dec, 2010; edited 1 time in total
ZRVera
Alien Violinist
Dream Deity
ZRVera has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Not counting.

*ZRVera hugs RODDERS790.

You're very welcome, and keep up the good work on the LDs! Don't think you're digging your own grave; LDs can be and are rewarding! We're always here to help when you need it!

Signed,
- Queen Victoria... I mean Vera. lach2

Dreamer
Yes Indeedy
Dream Deity
Location: My body lives in England, but my spirit roams the wilds

arne saknussemm wrote:

Lucidity in dreaming is something that occurs very close to the waking state. That's why most of your LDs will end with your waking up.

Now, deep sleep isn't close to the waking state, is it? But light sleep is close to the waking state, isn't it?

Connect the dots. It's not complicated.

When people sleep they go through cycles of light and deep sleep. REM sleep (where dreaming occurs) is the lightest type of sleep. No matter how deeply or lightly someone sleeps, when they are in REM sleep everyone is in a light sleep. (Source: Sleepfaring by Professor Jim Horne).

Lucidity is not about the body being close to being awake. It can happen at any stage of an REM cycle, not just towards the end where we're likely to wake up afterwards. Our brains have an in built reality checking function which we use when we're awake. In dreams, this is switched off. Gaining lucidity is simply a matter of finding a method to switch it back on.

arne saknussemm
Somniologist
Somniologist

The exception doesn't disprove the rule. You can always find an exception to everything.

I've had LDs in the middle of the night where I didn't wake up at the end. But 95 percent of them have occurred when I was about to wake up. In fact, by far the biggest problem with LDs, after having one the first place, is managing to stay asleep.

It's meaningful to say such things. It's not meaningful to point to an exception as if to proclaim that the rule doesn't count.

WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Congratulations! I remember my first lucid dream a little over one and a half years ago twirl

print