Sex-obsessed LDer

Hey,

Recently whenever I have lucid dreams I always seem to be obsessed with sex and, instead of doing some cool experiments or flying or whatever, I end up just having sex. I wouldn’t say this is completely unsatisfying (although I never finish) but when I wake up I find if irritating that I wasted my LD doing something that I can do IRL (not that I’m very successful in that department). Curiously, my normal dreams aren’t usually sexual but in my LDs sex always seems to be involved.

I think it’s important to clarify that when I say ‘lucid dream’ I really mean some kind of semi-LD where I seem to know that this is a dream but I don’t realise to the extent that I know that I can shape my own surroundings. It’s like I know that this is a dream and it’s very vivid but I’m not really in control.

Anyway, just wondered if other people have these sex-mad LD-selves, or if it was just me? I’m sure it says something about my sub-conscious!

Iv’e seen a few lucid dreaming programs, that encourrage you not to masturbate whilst your doing it, maybe try doing it less, and get your thoughts off sex and other things? Sometimes a simple shake of the head can get the thought out of your mind during the day.

I hardly have dreams involving sex. I have quite a low sex drive soo not much really happens.

Lol Ive actually had that problem my last couple of LD dreams. I only have about one LD every month. I usually like to fly around and stuff but in my last few dreams I decided to try and materialize a famous actress I had a crush on so I could make sweet love to her. The first three dreams, I spent the whole LD trying to make her appear but failed. Only in 1 dream she actually appeared and I got a bit excited :woo: but ended up waking right away lol. I finally just gave up on it.

Nothing to be done about it. If that’s what you find yourself wanting to do, you’re not going to help anything by doing things you don’t want.

:eh:

You can always set goals whilst awake to do other things. This will reinforce your behavior in an LD. Without goals, you’ll just defualt to what you like best. I guess for OP it’s sex, for me it tends to be flying or finding The Doctor. My dreams are pretty similar in that respect when I have no goals. I don’t like wating whole LD’s trying to find the TARDIS :tongue:

And I’ve had the same thing as OP as well. When I first discovered LD sex, I wasted quite a few dreams on it. I lost interest after a while, but it was the same thing. No goals = the same action over and over.

Yeah, totally. Of course you can do something about it.
It’s the same in real life. If you don’t set goals for yourself and just do whatever you feel like doing, you’ll end up sitting around playing video games all day.

I have this little annoying problem as well :tongue: whenever I have low lucidity I can only think about sex and going into the neighbors’ houses :confused: Sometimes I even get to the point of thinking, in the LD, “Sex, hmm but if I do that I’ll just wake up.” and I go for it anyway :grrr: .With higher lucidity I rarely do these things or feel interested in them.

Setting goals before bed seems to help a bit, because as I remember the goal in the dream I tend to forget about sex and/or get more lucid…

Maybe it does say something about our SC’s :tongue: I have the impression sometimes that maybe it’s just a part of our minds that get more active sometimes, a part responsible for more… primal urges, maybe.

It is irritating :sad: I mean, LD sex is cool and all, but it would really be better to get more LD’ing experience to have LD sex in a high level lucid dream with good vividness…

Sex is one of our strongest urges, so it’s just natural to practice is like mad in the wonderful world of lucid dreams. :wink:
Maybe you could make them more varied by starting from the beginning like in real life and flirt, date etc (you can also do this to practice for real life) until you end up having sex.
Kinda like chatting with some LD character and then after a while “hey I was on my way to place X, maybe you wanna come with me?”.

ehh, i dont really agree with GOB, i dont set goals for myself at all, and the majority of my days are spent hanging out, freerunning, and playing guitar.

while i do agree with setting goals in dreams, IRL, all you really need are hobbies.

And that’s supposed to be a problem?

yeah… that’s pretty annoying and not fun at all (because I could do things that I can’t in RL instead). I’m not an experienced lucid dreamer so this is probably the reason why I have difficulties controlling what I’m doing even when I’m lucid. usually after that kind of ld I feel a bit ashamed :happy:. gotta practice i guess

This happens frequently and you’re not the only one to have these “sex-mad LD’s”. What it says about your subconscious is that, like everybody, “sex is one of our strongest urges” (as Laurelindo said it). :wink:

Some other LD’ers and myself noticed that this sex urge sounds like to happen after a while, not immediately at the beginning of a LD. We wondered if, as the LD reaches at its end, we are more aware of our true body thus of some “physiological reaction” which happens during REM sleep. :content: What could engender these sex dreams.

Anyhow, I’ve the feeling that it’s more frequent for LD’ing beginners. Cause, as for me, it’s less and less common with the time.

I am going to have to disagree with King Kandy. I am fairly new to LDing (about a month) but i have had about 5 so far, 3 of which were in the same night which was my first night LDing. The first 2 i had the exact same problem. I realized I was dreaming and proceeded to have sex with the first girl i saw and right before i finished i woke up. Fortunately the last 3 i have had i realized that if i had sex i would wake up. It is all about self control, much like in reality. I realize i am dreaming, i want to have sex, then i tell myself that I cannot do it. In my opinion it is all about getting better at dream awareness.

Try deciding beforehand what you are going to do on any particular night, if you manage to achieve lucidity. Pick something like flying, and if you’re one for MILD, then while repeating your mantra, imagine yourself flying after becoming lucid.

Haha! I can totally relate to that. And sometimes some of the DC’s want me to have sex with them when I become lucid. Then when the dream is over, I’m like,“geeze, I could’ve been interviewing DC’s, flying, teleporting, etc.” I will try to resist temptation the next lucid dream though

High five!! :lmao:

Yes! Although in these LD’s I feel it’s 100x harder to fight the urge, almost like a wild animal that has no resl reason to fight it :tongue:

Darn that sounds really bad indeed…much worse than the girls in my LD’s that react prudish all of a sudden if I make any indecent proposal. Lucky bastard.

Wow, this is me. In the last few months I’ve had quite a few LDs, more than usual. But I waste them all because as soon as i get lucid i’m like ‘yes… SEX’. Most the time it doesn’t even work, or the person im having sex with turns into a rotweiller or something. I’ve made a vow to stop doing this. I’m gonna start making goals of what to do im my LD in RL, and make sure I remember them.

This happens to me alot! Even ND

even in my second LD ever, it wasnt long before i saw the “lady in the red dress” literally. it was lust at first sight, i got closer, played it slowly… kissed the lady- and as i did my excitement warped her mouth and face and it kinda swallowed my face, and i woke up… damn. i need to prepare goals for whenever i get lucid again.