Help! Dream recall fading!

Ever since I started the quest towards lucidity, my dream recall has been getting worse and worse! Before, I used to be able to recall my dreams in full detail, but after a few days of trying different techniques of LD, my dream recall has been slowly fading away! Now all I remember is fragments of my dreams, and today, it took me a long time to even realize that I dreamt at all last night, and as hard as I tried, all I could recall was a small fragment. I don’t usually keep dream journals, but i started a few days ago anyways, but I found that keeping one actually HINDERS my dream recall! (As i can remember other significant dreams, even some that I’ve had as a kid, crystal clear.) Am I doing something wrong? I’ve only had 3 entries in my dream journal so far… should i keep using it?

heres the link to my dream journal, if your interested… [community.ld4all.com/t/xenialzs-dream-journal/34080/3)

Thanks guys

This has been happening to me lately also…I noticed that if i really intend on remembering my dreams as I fall asleep, I remember them a lot better. As for the DJ it is a MUST that you keep writing in it. Write everything about your dreams such as how you felt before bed, techniques for lucidness used, fragments, details, etc.
I hope this info was useful!

Just stay calm, and keep writing. Tell yourself as you fall asleep “I will remember my dreams when I wake up.” Say it over and over until you’re sure you have the intention down.

DR has a way of going up and down. Like anything else in life you will have highs and lows. I’ve found the more you stress about it, the less you remember.

There may be two specific things working against you…

1.) Anxiety

Even though my last stretch of full-on commitment to ld4all and LD’ing won me some good lucid dreams and journal entries… my best dreams and my best lucid dreams happened when I stopped. I hit up ld4all in spurts. This last period of down-time I’ve had lucid dreams and remembered my dreams very clearly in the absence of concentrated commitment and with sporadic DJ entries.

Which means I was trying too hard. You might be, too. Relax. Enjoy the ride. Anything that focuses on dreams is a long-term project and if you focus on the trees instead of the forest, you’ll be put off by the sickly trees of no dream recall and missed dream signs.

2.) Sleeping too well

One article I read says that the dream you remember is the dream you woke up in the middle of which means that you didn’t sleep very well.

IF that’s true, then you’re getting complete, sound sleep. :tongue: And I hate you for it (kidding, kidding, kidding!!!)

You may experiment with WBTB if you haven’t already.

Hope this helps and best wishes to you in your efforts.

Thanks guys! That really helped :happy:. y’know i JUST MIGHT be sleeping too well :razz:. I like my sleeping time, so i tried to avoid using WBTB, but since the holidays are coming up, i guess i could give it a try :happy:. Oh and really, thanks again guys

Me as well. But its because i dont write that often, the more i write, the more i remember!

It’s a small detail, but you may find it encouraging…

Not all of my dream recall is in the morning. Plenty of mornings I will wake up and remember very little about the dream. Sometimes I just remember a feeling.

Random triggers throughout the day will remind me of my dream. Sometimes things that are completely unrelated. I’ll be looking at one of the scales at work absent-mindedly and then I suddenly remember that I dreamed about my cat from childhood.

So I keep a small notepad with me throughout the day and I try to keep the question of what I dreamed about in the back of my mind so that the subconscious will work on it.