Can I WILD when i go to bed?

I’m getting interested into WILD, and even if I’ve read good guides there is a question I haven’t found a clear asnswer to.
I had a look on the search function and on the FAQs, but I couldn’t found a clear answer.

Let’s come to the question: can I achieve WILD in the evening, when I go to bed, or in the afternoon, when I get into a nap?

I’ve read that it’s “better” to try WILDing after waking up in the middle of the night, or in the middle of the afternoon nap, but I don’t understand how determinant this is.

My problem is that I have a very little time to sleep, and I can have a WBTB only about one time every 2 weeks or so. Also, I can have an afternoon nap for about 60-90 minutes, not enough to wake up, perform WILD and sleep again.

So, what about WILDing just after going to bed?
Is it a little harder then WBTB-WILD, or much harder, or almost impossible, or completely impossibile?

Thank you for your attention.

from what i have been told, it is very hard to WILD at that time of night for even experienced LD’ers. have you looked into the VILD tech, i was told about it by Rhewin (a member here) it sounds like a good tech, to learn. especially if you are good at visualisation. there 2 big posts on this subject in quest for lucidity forum.

Its very hard to do so don’t be upset if you don’t suceed, however try it, it would be good practise for doing it later in the night. I have never got far doing it in the evening however a couple of times I have been almost asleep (not trying WILD just falling asleep) and then become aware and feel that fuzzy feeling in my body however I don’t get any further then that.

I’ve gotten a floating feeling doing it, but never anything more. I’ve gotten much farther after WBTB.

I believe you can, I have. Though from what I’ve experienced, it’s harder to WILD at night when you go to bed, rather than to wake up in the morning and go back to bed. However for me, when I’m extra tired and going to bed at night, WILDing seems much easier for me :bored: . I don’t really know why …but I suggest you try it :content: !

Goodluck! & have fun!

Ok, I’ll defiantly try WILD in the evening. ^^

Probably I’ll fail, but it will surely help when I’ll be able to do it after waking up.

Thank you for your answers.

StarryGwee can you explain to us how to wild at night ? because I’m mostly tired when I go to bed .

The more drowsy you are, the higher the chance you will WILD successfully. That is why it is the best to wake up at night and try to WILD. The problem is that you have to have really strong will power to keep WILDing while drowsy.

@OYABIN: It is good that you’re tired. Just lay down on your back. If you are drowsy HI’s will come to you fast. Just watch them, when you feel that they are going to hypnotize you, start counting “1: I’m Dreaming, 2: I’m Dreaming”. After some amount of time you will enter sleep paralysis. From that state, try to roll out of bed or enter your HI’s, but it is crucial to stay aware and not to move.

Like all have said, there’s no harm in trying it, but don’t get discouraged if you have a hard time. Too many new LD’ers with lots of promise give up after getting hung up on evening WILD’s.

Two days ago I decided to take a nap at about two. I slept for about an hour and was woken up by my brother. Shortly after I laid back down and without thinking did a WILD. So I believe it would be possible to do a WILD during a nap in the afternoon if you have those 90 minutes instead of 60.

And that was your first WILD? Amazing.

Its just luck if you ask me, sometimes I need hours to get into hypnagogia, but sometimes I get in it the minute I close my eyes. Or maybe he has a gift - who knows, let us know Scipio about new WILD’s. I wonder…

Well I don’t exactly follow what you have to do for WILD :tongue: . Basically all I do is go to bed and keeping my mind slightly focus, if you’re tired enough your body will quickly drift off. I think it would also help if you’re the type of person that falls asleep quickly. I’m one of those people that can fall asleep in less than 5 minutes unless I have something on my mind, but usually when there is something on my mind I fall into SP quicker :eh: . I think it’s because you are less aware of your body.
Follow what Best Doctor said, though I don’t know if you are the type of person that would get HI. I don’t get HI often, either I get HI or HH usually I don’t get any at all and just fall into SP. If you are like me falling only into SP, then just wait for a while, the dream will come. When it comes for me…I just find myself doing something crazy…and I’m just like wooahh :bored: .
Haha I hope I helped :content:

StarryGwee, that was a great answer :happy:

In the end, it all comes down to the individual dreamer. Take chances, make mistakes, get messy! Find what works for you!

Thanks Rhewin :content: felt like I was blabbering hehe, thanks for stating the point.

I’m guessing that this has to do with the timing of REM cycles. Most typical, story-like dreams take place when you’re in REM sleep - these are the kind you’d become lucid in. So theoretically, in order to WILD, you’d need to immediately enter a REM state as you fell asleep. But, people generally don’t experience REM sleep until they’ve been asleep for around 90 minutes (small children, narcoleptics, and sleep-deprived people tend to enter REM sleep faster or even immediately). WBTB works because if you briefly wake up before or during a REM cycle, you have the chance to fall asleep directly into REM sleep, when you’d actually be able to have a dream.

This could explain why most people can’t WILD at the beginning of the night, and why it might be easier if you’re really sleep-deprived.

I’ve done it when I’ve first gone to bed. It’s very, very difficult and takes a while to do, plus the dreams don’t last that long since you’re in the early stages of sleep. But it is possible.

I never WBTB, I just don’t have the time. I try to WILD every night, although I’ve only been successful once or twice.