I Am Not Grasping This Whole Dreamsign Thing

I’ve only been recording my dreams for a few days now. I’m not finding any exact things in my dream that match up, and also I don’t get how exactly I am supposed to remember them in my dreams.

I’m not really understanding this whole “dreamsign” thing so I’m just writing down weird things from my dreams. One of them is that every almost dream has some kind of reference or an altered scene from a book I’ve read or a movie I’ve scene. Such as I Am Number Four, Legion, The Hunger Games, Starwars, etc… Also, one of the three dreams I recorded last night, I think was a bases off of a story I was writing blended in with some other stuff.

I’ve been reading tutorials and all but I just don’t get it.

My way to use DS is to RC everyting that seems weird and each time I lose The Game (sorry), but having consistent DS’s should work better, because then you know what to expect to find in the dream :wink: then train your mind to recognise those things :cool_laugh:

when i first started my DJ i said the same thing, that there is nothing common in my dreams, but once i got my dream recall better, and filled my DJ a bit i could see common themes, like i see allot of dogs\wolfs or work related themes like warehouses industrial vehicles ect, (i dont work at the moment, or own a dog) so i am looking for these and trying to connect some logic that i am dreaming when i do spot one.

plus, sooner or later when you become more aware of your dreams something outrageous will happen and you will realise this is not RL, so you must be dreaming.

do plenty of RC`s if there habitual enough, you might not even need a dreamsign, you may just automaticly look at your hands, or try to breath through a closed nose.

good luck and don’t lose faith, you WILL get there

don’t rush either you have only just started a few days ago, it can seem daunting to be able to do what the long term LD`s can do. just chill and sooner or later the dots will connect themselves. it took me three weeks for my first LD, personally i think that is quick considering i have been dreaming my whole life.
i could happen in a day or a month, but if you stick at it it definitely will