Would This Be Effective?

Every 30 minutes my computer gives me this pop-up:

I did this because last night I recalled two dreams and they both involved my computer. So I thought that incase I have another dream, hopefully this will make it in.

I put the word “cat” twice so in my dream, if I look away and look back, both words shouldn’t be matching. If for some reason they are, I will still do three more reality checks after that. Do you think this would be effective?

Yeah sounds like it would be effective to me, although you are depending on your computer appearing in your dreams. And you have to be able to do this… personally it would drive me mental and I’d probably throw my computer out the window at some point… but that might just be me.

Yeah, I was going to try and see if I can get my computer into my dream by thinking about it a lot before I go to bed.

Also, how am I supposed to wake up 6 hours after I go to fall asleep? How am I supposed to know when I fall asleep? Sometimes it takes me 10 minutes, sometimes it takes me up to 4 hours. Also, why is it that when they say to think of the dream you were just dreaming when you wake up after the six hours, I never have a dream recalled. It’s like I don’t feel as if I dreamt at all, but when I go back to sleep and wake up, I wake up with like 1 - 3 dreams in memory.

Anything that gets you to RC more often is a good thing. You may not see that computer pop up, but the message might start showing up in your dreams given time.

As for how to set your alarm, I usually set mine to 5 1/2 hours from when I actually go to sleep since it normally takes about 30 min for me to fall asleep. That way it is more likely for it to wake me up 5 hours later.

If you have a lot of variation on how long it takes to fall asleep, check your routine. Are you going to bed at the same time? Do you get the same amount of sleep every night? Do you do things other than sleeping in your bed, like reading a book or browsing the web? All of these can affect how well you sleep.

Yes, simply because you’re RC’ing. Doing this as often as possible is always a good thing, because you will do it eventually in a dream irregardless if you see the computer or not.

After how many hours you should wake up is subjective. You’d have to calculate your REM, but for most people it’s between the 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 hours area.

i wouldnt rely on it, just use it as an added RC with your daily routine, but i think it will help.

the fact of the matter is, you NEVER know when your in a dream. Think of it like nightmare on elm street, they never know their dreaming till some crazy shit happens, then they know their asleep.
the same things SUPPOSED to happen in dreams but were so out of it, it seems normal.
like being high and watching neil patrick harrison fly away into a rainbow portal while riding on a unicorn. [spoiler]escape from guantanamo bay reference for any of you who never watched it.[/spoiler]

this is why you do RC’s to make sure your in the physical plane of reality, so you can carry out “normal” life".

Some people get LD’s by RC’s. They are good at it… RC’ing has never helped me become lucid. I only did a few WILDs, a few RILD’s, and most of the LD’s i had I got lucid by DILD, which is just all of a sudden when a DC mentioned something or did something related to dreams… It might work for you since you dreamed about computer… It wouldn’t work for me, first of all cause that message popping up every 30 minutes would kill me and second that RC’ing simply isn’t for me.

You should give it a go though to see, perhaps RC’ing is a good thing for you :wink:.

If you do a lot of RC’s, you will become more aware of the possibility that you dream. This technique with the pop up is good, but also try to RC every time you think of your computer, at some point you only need to think about it to realize you dream and have more time to do fun stuff :happy:.

Guys I’m using my rudementary programing knowledge to make one of these at the moment, Its working I just need to adjust the timing, I will upload it somewhere tommorow so you can download it if you want.

I made it in like, 6 lines.
I know VBS, GML, HTML, CSS, BAT, a little C++ and JS, and something else that I forgot.

This is the whole code, just open notepad, copy and paste in this code, then save it as “RC.vbs”, then put it in your startup folder:

[code]start

sub start()
x = msgbox(“Read this word:”&vbcrlf&vbcrlf&“cat”&vbcrlf&vbcrlf&“Now look away and look back.”&vbcrlf&“Read the word again. Does it match this word below?”&vbcrlf&vbcrlf&“cat”&vbcrlf&vbcrlf&“Now plug your nose and try to breath.”&vbcrlf&“Now look at your hands, and ask yourself, ‘Is this a dream?’”,vbokonly,“REALITY CHECK!”)
wscript.sleep(900000)
start
end sub[/code]

“900000” is for 15 minutes, is which is what I have it on. Change it to “1800000” for 30 minutes.

Oh, and, I set my timer to wake me up an hour before I normally wake up. But a nightmare woke me up like 2 hours earlier and I never could get back to sleep. I’ve never had a nightmare in years, and now since I’ve started doing this, I got one. Is this a good or bad sign?

Just finished it and uploading it now, the message box doesn’t say as much as yours but just jogs your mind to do and rc and gives you a phrase.

I’m doing computing gcse at the moment so making a project like this is quite usefull quick practise.

Here it is. uploading.com/files/bd71433d/rc%2Bchecking.exe/

You open the exe run it click the start button the program hides itself and runs in the backround and the messge pops up every 30mins.

Also nitt how do you make another line (Like pressing enter on a keyboard) on the message so i can add more text rather than it filling the screen all the way across.

What language did you use?

Forms on Visual basic, its all I know.