EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 116
Interview!
print ShareShare 

why do lucid dreamrs seem to have more FAs than most people?

Page 2 of 2Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author  Message 
dntrecords
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 100!

PostPosted: Tue 21 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Basilus West wrote:

Errr… If you are in a ND, that is you don't know you're sleeping, how can you believe that you wake up? whatsthat (I'm sorry but I've not maintained a DJ for a long time shy2, so that I can't remember yet an example of such a ND FA. neutral)

the answer is in your statement.. a FA is dreaming that you awake..so if you have a FA then you believe you woke up. if you truly awake after this, and your recall is good, you can distinguish the different levels of your dream. I have had plenty of ND FAs. both ND and LD FAs are the same. in both you believe that you are awake and were previously dreaming. the only difference with a ND FA is that you believe you were unconscious of this dream

chambered_nautilus
byline worm
Dream Deity
LD count: quite a few

PostPosted: Wed 22 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

This is an interesting question. I don't think I've talked to enough people about FAs to have any idea whether LDers have more of them or not, but if it is true, I wonder if maybe we've become aware enough of our dreams that we subconsciously add in things to make the continuity a little more easy to believe. Like instead of "I was walking down the road with my dog and then SUDDENLY AND INEXPLICABLY I was in Florida riding a camel" it'd be "I was walking down the road, then I woke up and remembered that I was actually in Florida."

But this is just an idea, and I wouldn't even say I believe it myself. It'd be interesting, though.

WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

I'm not sure if I've noticed any major difference. It may be because you pay more attention to your dreams now and before when you got an FA you wouldnt think about. I think I've had a few FA's before i started lucid dreaming.

Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

Sometimes I change the position of my bed,
this way, in FA's, most of times I awake on my bed in another position than IRL.

I used to write down when awakening so I could count how many of them were real.

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

dntrecords wrote:
I have had plenty of ND FAs. Both ND and LD FAs are the same. In both you believe that you are awake and were previously dreaming. The only difference with a ND FA is that you believe you were unconscious of this dream.

You're perfectly right. I was certainly not very well awake yesterday cause I can't understand how I forgot some impressive ND FA's I have had… and which are even very briefly related in the second post of my old dream diary! overspannen

They didn't happen exactly how you describe it cause I didn't remember a previous dream: I just believed I was awoken by my girlfriend moving in the bed… and when opening my eyes, there was someone else standing in the bedroom. It was surprising enough to make me wake up for true. These FA's were a bit special, they looked almost like a LD cause my consciousness was very clear (with the big difference though that I didn't know I was dreaming).

This happened before I knew anything about LD'ing, so it can't be related to practicing it.

And there are also some more "normal" sorts of FA's when, after being awaken by your alarm, you fall asleep again and believe you put on your clothes to go to work. This may happen to everybody who doesn't practice LD'ing.

Now, about the classical FA which consists in writing down his dream (thus is obviously related to the remembering dreams practice), I can't remember if it may happen after something else than a LDshy2

But if you consider the impressive amount of FA's that you can find in LD'ers DJ's, it is far more important than these ND FA's, IMO.

Tggtt
Host of LC60®
cookie lover
Tggtt has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

Tggtt wrote:
So, my (silly) question is: "Someone that have never tried or had an LD can identify having a FA?", probably yes, I suppose.

Basilus West wrote:
This happened before I knew anything about LD'ing, so it can't be related to practicing it.

And there are also some more "normal" sorts of FA's when, after being awaken by your alarm, you fall asleep again and believe you put on your clothes to go to work. This may happen to everybody who doesn't practice LD'ing.

I think this answers my earlier question! Thank you!
Basilus West wrote:
Now, about the classical FA which consists in writing down his dream (thus is obviously related to the remembering dreams practice), I can't remember if it may happen after something else than a LDshy2

Quite revolting huh? I have got many of these. What about having to rewrite everything? But I'm getting off topic...

Page 2 of 2Goto page Previous  1, 2

print   ShareShare