How did I not get lucid?

Every now and then I have a dream I had before, or similar to one I had before or at least in a place that I’ve been before in a dream. And not places I visit often IRL which would be logical that I dream about often but stuff I made up in a dream.
The night before last I had a dream about a place I’ve been before and I actually remembered what I did last time and what I wanted to do and so made a sequel to my last dream about that place.
This night I had a dream I had 2 times before, so this was the third. And I knew exactly what was going to happen, where and how it looked. I recognised every place, item and character.
And in those dreams there is this tiny little thought in my head, as if it is my subconcious’ subconcious saying; “you had this dream before”… And still I don’t get any form of lucidity, I just go along with it. How the hell do I do it? It must be a talent. And to be fair I’m getting kinda pissed about it all…

Unluckily, this is a recurring problem almost for everyone.
It’s damn frustrating to wake up from a dream, realizing you have just wasted hundreds of chances to get lucid, I know it.

Anyway, how many Reality Checks do you usually perform every day?

i really do think it is a habit of RCs . since i had my first LDs i got lazy on RC`s thinking i will know when im dreaming now “which i usually do” but i still just follow the dream, even if i wake up and go back to sleep, i still follow blindly.

but before had the LDs i was doing RCs every 15 mins. i think your SC listens better to habits than, just trying to tell yourself your dreaming (if that makes any sense)

So far I’ve tried to do a RC at least twice an hour but I keep forgetting, I think I need a better cue.

And I found one! :woo: Before I tried to do it in a sublte way but from now on everytime I open a new window in me browser this is what I get:

Let’s see me try to forget it now… :rc:

Calm yourself, young Jedi… I mean dreamer… whatever.

It sounds like you need to build your awareness. Really pay attention to what is happening around you at all times. Yes, I know it’s a big thing to ask, but over time it becomes easier. Look at who is around you and what is really going on. Avoid going into autopilot at any point, examine every feel, touch, tase, sound and smell. Pay attention to what’s going on and this awareness will eventually transfer into dreams.

Btw, if it makes you feel better I am also terrible at DS. I can have the same dream every niht in a row for a week and not catch it, but I’ve had 63 LD’s in the last year. It takes time a patience, but you’ll get it.

I suppose it’s just how our subconscious works. Really it baffles me how idiotic we get in our dreams; how our minds seem to go into a trance and we miss the darndest things!

It’s a matter of awareness. Reality Checking is always good, but I believe that you simply need to work on awareness.

Wow opening a tablat with that text would even work for me, since I open new ones all the time :yes: . Clever!

No it doesn’t work, at least for me. It’s too often. If I open a new window a couple of times in a row I just go… yeah I just did that a minute ago… screw it. And so I do that more and more often and now I just ignore it… that’s 2 days - should be a record. So it perhaps maybe might help my mind stay on lucid dreaming but I doubt it.

A while back, I had a dream where I was at one of my usual dreamscapes. I thought about it, and said, “I think I might be dreaming!” I decided to do a reality check, and I pinched my nose together; but when I couldn’t breath, I just decided I wasn’t dreaming. I did a total of 2 RCs, and I never realized I was dreaming!!! How is that even possible!!! :confused:

I totally understand you Blenderman, my last few dreams where about elevators and tall buildings… But in my city there are none tall buildings… I mean so tall that were in my dreams… And every single time when i step into elevator I start to feel some strange sensation… I can’t explain it… But in three days I had at least three dreams that kind, and never get lucid.

And I have question… What does that mean? All this with elevators and tall buildings, if someone have any thoughts or ideas?? Please answer…

But I’m glad I had those dreams, one of the dream I think it was a longest dream I’ve ever had… So I enjoy ND to…

Cheers!