The new decade...

Im really looking foward to the teens, because the 00s were really depressing. feeled with one dissaster after another, and a horrible economy. 11 is supose to be the number of angels so I have a feeling the decade will be really intersting, but we have to go into it with our heads high, and love in our hearts. Weary from the 00 decade lets gather our strength, and “Give birth to a smile” Love you all, and may this be the greatest expirance of our lives. Happy New years, and new decade.

There you go :content:

Be an optimist and I’m sure you’ll have a much better time!

Long live the mother
Long live the father
Long live the child
long live this wonded planet
long live the good milk of the air
long live the surviving animals
long live the earth deeper then all our thinking
we have done enough killing
long live

“Music from the body”

Go into this decade with love, forgivness, compation, strength, and wisdom.
Everything will be allright. I can feel it.

Ohh I allmost forgot, we have to allways remmber… “Laughter”

Didn’t the new decade start with 2010? :hmmm:

No.

… Yes

the new millenium, the 21st century and the decade of the 00’s started januar 1st 2000 didn’t it? Add 10 years please, there you go.

But Kava that doesn’t mean anything to you. It’s not about a number, it is about you and what you do and I think you’re really getting there, you can do this. Keep it up.

No.

…hmmm… just read wikipedia… turns out you’re right. My humble apologies. Doesn’t make any sense to me though, but I guess it doesn’t have to.

The reason why 21st century starts in 2001 is that the first day, first year and first century of common era started on January 1, 1, there was no year 0 :smile:

Wait for Ghostie lol.

Anyways, happy new year and many years after that guys!

Curse your logic, making sense, and making people feel somewhat stupid.

No I like feeling stupid. Means no-one expects you to make sense, which gives you a lot of freedom.

What? I dont have anything to reply to this thread, and I see the logic in the new decade in 2011 1 january.

And what does number 11 have to do with angels btw? :eh:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXV6q8tEOcQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Vrp6FNCS … re=related

I know 2011 will be a great year for me. I feel Ive been in hell sence 2004. In the summer of 2004 is when I moved to a diffrent state, then on Dec 12, 04 I disscovered LD4all which started my journey in LDing. There is alot to this story I wont go into, besides you know most of my story. Ive never been afraid to share it with you. Now 7 years latter I will be moving back, and reuniting with my friends I havnt seen sence Ive been out here. It has been a very long, but very intersting journey, and its finaly here. There were so many times I didnt feel like I could make it with being so alone, but I kept going. Even times I would be angrey with God, but I kept strong. I dont know what is in store for the next year, the next two years, but man… I mean you know? Is anyone else on the same path Im on?

I know I’ve posted this before, but that’s how Lucidus started the decade!

From IRC #LD4ALL self explanatory:

[31-12-2010 20:59:47] !time
[31-12-2010 20:59:47] <@Lucidus> The Time is Jan 01 00:00:00 2011 CET
[31-12-2010 20:59:52] I DID IT

If nothing else, at least the START of the new decade should be a great one for me. I’m going to study in the U.S. (Laramie, Wyoming) for a semester, so I’ll spend the first four months of the year over there. I’m leaving in two days and am both excited (about the whole experience) and nervous (about the practicalities like finances, class registration and all that jazz).

So, I’m actually in the opposite situation of you, Kava. I’m leaving everything I know behind, although it can’t quite compare since it’s only for a few months (I only see my best friends a couple of times a year anyway) and I wouldn’t say hell is awaiting me overseas. To be sure, I’ll miss this flat and boring little country called the Netherlands, but I’m actually in a really good spot right now.

2010 was, on the whole, a great year for me. I got my BA degree, got started on my MA (which I’ll finish this year), continued to play guitar (although not as much as I’d hoped), learned some Italian, went on an awesome vacation in Sweden, spent quality time with the people I love, etc.

It’s mostly what’s in store for me AFTER this year that has me “worried.” Mostly because then I’ll have to start thinking about my future, a career (at the very least some kind of job to pay the bills). This is the year that I stop being a kid and become an adult, whether I want to or not. Up until now I’ve lived my life in comfort and I could go through the days taking it easy.

Soon I’ll have to start making some hard choices etc. That scares me more than anything else in the world, but I also know that once I get started on the whole Life thing, I can make it. Getting the ball rolling has always been my biggest problem. Once things are moving, I have no problems with changes in direction etc.

Enough for now. I’m making myself sound way older than I am. I’m only 25 for crying out loud. And I’m not alone. :smile:

Just looking at the previous page, I really want to say, I learned about the whole 2001-2011-2021-2031 thing and etc from Seinfeld :bored:

And I really strongly dislike Jerry Seinfeld.

Anyways, personally, I am really looking forward to the new decade. This month really scares me. REALLY scares me, sorry if it’s superstition, but in this month in history I’ve watched a dog choke to death after feeding it what it choked on, watched my brother die, and my dad got admitted into the hospital.

BUT

I really have a good feeling about this year, my dream recall has improved exponentially and I mean… BEAUTY AND THE BEAST! On top of that, I’ve got so many more shows to see at the city’s theatre group and I mean, I do know that movie producers have my portfolio, so who knows where that might lead.

This year just feels… different. I mean, I’ll be turning 16, so maybe with luck I’ll even get my driver’s licence and I actually have more legal rights to where I want to live.
Also, with hope, I’ll be moving out of both of my current homes into nicer houses! That’s kind of exciting!