EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 123
Llaca Night Life!
print ShareShare 

Anime/Manga-fans here?

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 4 of 4Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Author  Message 
FretDancer
Truth Seeker
Astral Explorer
28
Posts: 301
Joined: 02 Jun 2010
Last Visit: 04 Jan 2012
LD count: 2
 
PostPosted: Wed 23 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

The Kroc wrote:
FretDancer wrote:
What's that Neon Genesis Evangelion you speak of about?


It's one of the best animes ever. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a truly life-changing experience. wink


Woah! Well If what you say its true then I'll be sure to check it out! tounge2



Current LD goal(s): Explore Area 51, Go to the moon, Explore New Zealand and Egypt.
back to top
Win Laik Pya
Literally Hawkgirl.
cookie lover
28
Posts: 1640
Joined: 08 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 02 Oct 2013
Location: Wisconsin, USA
 
PostPosted: Wed 23 Jun, 2010  Reply with quote

FretDancer wrote:
The Kroc wrote:
FretDancer wrote:
What's that Neon Genesis Evangelion you speak of about?


It's one of the best animes ever. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a truly life-changing experience. wink


Woah! Well If what you say its true then I'll be sure to check it out! tounge2


Evangelion is a show i give a lot of flak- and it deserves every bit of it. It's a hugely flawed show with a lot of problems, the main one being that in the end characters have major personality issues and psychological problems JUST to have major personality issues and psychological problems.

However, it's also one of my favorite animes of all time, and with good reason. See, while it deserves every bit of complaining it gets, it also deserves every bit of praise. In a time when Gundam was getting to it's angsty teen drama stage (Gundam Wing- not a bad show, however) NGE had the good sense to totally deconstruct the giant robot genre. There's action in NGE but it takes second bill to showing just how tortured and shitty the pilot's lives are (in fact, the pilots were chosen because the ones with issues are more likely to be better pilots).

TL;DR: NGE takes a bunch of Christian mythology references and throws them face-first into Sigmund Freud, and ends up asking it's audience "who are you, really?" That's why it's a good show.


back to top
Smooker
Haifisch
Somniologist
25
Posts: 146
Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Last Visit: 13 Mar 2013
LD count: Sometimes.
Location: carlos's office"in the dream".just relax and visualize!
 
PostPosted: Sun 26 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I started to watch Fairy tail , and It's really good .

back to top
Malia
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
24
Posts: 11
Joined: 30 Dec 2010
Last Visit: 22 Jan 2012
 
PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I watched Spirited Away a few days ago. That movie never gets old. It's one of my favourites. smile

back to top
Download
SomethingLoad
cookie lover
Download has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
23
Posts: 1176
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Last Visit: 12 Jul 2015
LD count: D:
Location: There. Right there.
 
PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I strongly dislike anime.

Seriously, I really don't like it.

BUT

My friend really enjoys them, so I've watched the odd anime and enjoyed it.

Higurashi no naku koro ni
Umineko no naku koro ni
Dragonball Z (my brother and I watched it during it's complete re-airing years ago)

and... the only other one she's gotten me to watch is...

Girls Bravo.

*facepalm*

...

But seriously, it's so stupid, it's funny... but not so stupid that it's bad. Other than those four, I have not liked a single anime. It's just not my thing.



Current LD goal(s): Erm... have one.
back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 4 of 4Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


print   ShareShare 

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  

LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~
created and copyright by pasQuale. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB © 2001,2005 phpBB Group ~