I don't have control over my dreams

Hi!
I started my lucid dreaming experience about eight months ago and I have had about seven lucid dreams so far. I try to induce lucidity almost every night, mainly with WBTB or MILD techniques. However in the few lucid dreams I have had I was unable to get control over myself. I could only “watch” me doing all sorts of things, without my consent (funny, isn’t it? :smile: ).
What’s more, the first time I had a lucid dream seemed to be more vivid than the last one.
Can someone help me?

do you want control over your lucid dreams? :confused:

Yes I do

hehe, it’s that not always we are lucid enough to take control. Sometimes we barely know it’s a dream so we still go with the flow.

iitip, I think the problem here is only lucidity level, if you were completely aware that you were dreaming and what that meant, it should make controling yourself a lot easier. one thing I can suggest is you use mantras before bed that tell yourself you’ll have full control or that you will fully understand what it means to be lucid. It should only be a little practice to get used to, nothing to worry about! :wink:

And welcome to ld4all :grin:

I agree that this appears to be a lucidity level issue.

I used to have this problem all the time, and now it only happens occasionally in LD’s. It’s common in low-level LD’s to just go with the flow of events, even though you are aware that it’s a dream.

I was able to circumvent this by anchoring myself in the dream (rubbing my hands together, screaming “Increase Lucidity!”, etc) as soon as I realized it was a dream. With enough practice there will be a dream where you can do this, and after that it should be easier in future attempts. I would recommend keeping that in mind in addition to mattias’ advice.

Good Luck!

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!