Author  Message 
GOB
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

Sex-obsessed LDer
PostPosted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Hey,

Recently whenever I have lucid dreams I always seem to be obsessed with sex and, instead of doing some cool experiments or flying or whatever, I end up just having sex. I wouldn't say this is completely unsatisfying (although I never finish) but when I wake up I find if irritating that I wasted my LD doing something that I can do IRL (not that I'm very successful in that department). Curiously, my normal dreams aren't usually sexual but in my LDs sex always seems to be involved.

I think it's important to clarify that when I say 'lucid dream' I really mean some kind of semi-LD where I seem to know that this is a dream but I don't realise to the extent that I know that I can shape my own surroundings. It's like I know that this is a dream and it's very vivid but I'm not really in control.

Anyway, just wondered if other people have these sex-mad LD-selves, or if it was just me? I'm sure it says something about my sub-conscious!

Lumbar
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Wed 08 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Iv'e seen a few lucid dreaming programs, that encourrage you not to masturbate whilst your doing it, maybe try doing it less, and get your thoughts off sex and other things? Sometimes a simple shake of the head can get the thought out of your mind during the day.

I hardly have dreams involving sex. I have quite a low sex drive soo not much really happens.

lokostill

PostPosted: Tue 14 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Lol Ive actually had that problem my last couple of LD dreams. I only have about one LD every month. I usually like to fly around and stuff but in my last few dreams I decided to try and materialize a famous actress I had a crush on so I could make sweet love to her. The first three dreams, I spent the whole LD trying to make her appear but failed. Only in 1 dream she actually appeared and I got a bit excited woo but ended up waking right away lol. I finally just gave up on it.

Last edited by lokostill on Tue 14 Dec, 2010; edited 1 time in total
King Kandy
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Tue 14 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Nothing to be done about it. If that's what you find yourself wanting to do, you're not going to help anything by doing things you don't want.

Current LD goal(s): Get back up to speed
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Thu 16 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

King Kandy wrote:
Nothing to be done about it. If that's what you find yourself wanting to do, you're not going to help anything by doing things you don't want.

eh

You can always set goals whilst awake to do other things. This will reinforce your behavior in an LD. Without goals, you'll just defualt to what you like best. I guess for OP it's sex, for me it tends to be flying or finding The Doctor. My dreams are pretty similar in that respect when I have no goals. I don't like wating whole LD's trying to find the TARDIS

And I've had the same thing as OP as well. When I first discovered LD sex, I wasted quite a few dreams on it. I lost interest after a while, but it was the same thing. No goals = the same action over and over.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
GOB
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Fri 17 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Rhewin wrote:
King Kandy wrote:

eh

You can always set goals whilst awake to do other things. This will reinforce your behavior in an LD. Without goals, you'll just defualt to what you like best. I guess for OP it's sex, for me it tends to be flying or finding The Doctor. My dreams are pretty similar in that respect when I have no goals. I don't like wating whole LD's trying to find the TARDIS

And I've had the same thing as OP as well. When I first discovered LD sex, I wasted quite a few dreams on it. I lost interest after a while, but it was the same thing. No goals = the same action over and over.

Yeah, totally. Of course you can do something about it.
It's the same in real life. If you don't set goals for yourself and just do whatever you feel like doing, you'll end up sitting around playing video games all day.

mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Fri 24 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I have this little annoying problem as well whenever I have low lucidity I can only think about sex and going into the neighbors' houses whatsthat Sometimes I even get to the point of thinking, in the LD, "Sex, hmm but if I do that I'll just wake up." and I go for it anyway grrr .With higher lucidity I rarely do these things or feel interested in them.

Setting goals before bed seems to help a bit, because as I remember the goal in the dream I tend to forget about sex and/or get more lucid...

Maybe it does say something about our SC's I have the impression sometimes that maybe it's just a part of our minds that get more active sometimes, a part responsible for more... primal urges, maybe.

It is irritating sadblauw I mean, LD sex is cool and all, but it would really be better to get more LD'ing experience to have LD sex in a high level lucid dream with good vividness...

*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity
LD count: 24

PostPosted: Sat 25 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Sex is one of our strongest urges, so it's just natural to practice is like mad in the wonderful world of lucid dreams. wink
Maybe you could make them more varied by starting from the beginning like in real life and flirt, date etc (you can also do this to practice for real life) until you end up having sex.
Kinda like chatting with some LD character and then after a while "hey I was on my way to place X, maybe you wanna come with me?".

Skwisgaar
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2

ehh, i dont really agree with GOB, i dont set goals for myself at all, and the majority of my days are spent hanging out, freerunning, and playing guitar.

while i do agree with setting goals in dreams, IRL, all you really need are hobbies.

Current LD goal(s): 100+
Nya
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 0.5

GOB wrote:

Yeah, totally. Of course you can do something about it.
It's the same in real life. If you don't set goals for yourself and just do whatever you feel like doing, you'll end up sitting around playing video games all day.

And that's supposed to be a problem?

Current LD goal(s): something nice and bloody ^_~
ekspresis
LD count: 28

yeah... that's pretty annoying and not fun at all (because I could do things that I can't in RL instead). I'm not an experienced lucid dreamer so this is probably the reason why I have difficulties controlling what I'm doing even when I'm lucid. usually after that kind of ld I feel a bit ashamed :D. gotta practice i guess

Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

PostPosted: Tue 28 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

GOB wrote:
just wondered if other people have these sex-mad LD-selves, or if it was just me? I'm sure it says something about my sub-conscious!

This happens frequently and you're not the only one to have these "sex-mad LD's". What it says about your subconscious is that, like everybody, "sex is one of our strongest urges" (as Laurelindo said it). wink

Some other LD'ers and myself noticed that this sex urge sounds like to happen after a while, not immediately at the beginning of a LD. We wondered if, as the LD reaches at its end, we are more aware of our true body thus of some "physiological reaction" which happens during REM sleep. ^^ What could engender these sex dreams.

Anyhow, I've the feeling that it's more frequent for LD'ing beginners. Cause, as for me, it's less and less common with the time.

LDreaming
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Thu 30 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

King Kandy wrote:

I am going to have to disagree with King Kandy. I am fairly new to LDing (about a month) but i have had about 5 so far, 3 of which were in the same night which was my first night LDing. The first 2 i had the exact same problem. I realized I was dreaming and proceeded to have sex with the first girl i saw and right before i finished i woke up. Fortunately the last 3 i have had i realized that if i had sex i would wake up. It is all about self control, much like in reality. I realize i am dreaming, i want to have sex, then i tell myself that I cannot do it. In my opinion it is all about getting better at dream awareness.

TheCoryKid
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 31 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

Try deciding beforehand what you are going to do on any particular night, if you manage to achieve lucidity. Pick something like flying, and if you're one for MILD, then while repeating your mantra, imagine yourself flying after becoming lucid.

Current LD goal(s): enhance my dream recall.
JayHaze
Are You Experienced?
Somniologist
LD count: 21

Re: Sex-obsessed LDer
PostPosted: Sat 01 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

GOB wrote:
Hey,

Recently whenever I have lucid dreams I always seem to be obsessed with sex and, instead of doing some cool experiments or flying or whatever, I end up just having sex. I wouldn't say this is completely unsatisfying (although I never finish) but when I wake up I find if irritating that I wasted my LD doing something that I can do IRL (not that I'm very successful in that department). Curiously, my normal dreams aren't usually sexual but in my LDs sex always seems to be involved.

I think it's important to clarify that when I say 'lucid dream' I really mean some kind of semi-LD where I seem to know that this is a dream but I don't realise to the extent that I know that I can shape my own surroundings. It's like I know that this is a dream and it's very vivid but I'm not really in control.

Anyway, just wondered if other people have these sex-mad LD-selves, or if it was just me? I'm sure it says something about my sub-conscious!

Haha! I can totally relate to that. And sometimes some of the DC's want me to have sex with them when I become lucid. Then when the dream is over, I'm like,"geeze, I could've been interviewing DC's, flying, teleporting, etc." I will try to resist temptation the next lucid dream though

Page 1 of 2Goto page 1, 2  Next

print   ShareShare