The BIG Remembering Dreams Topic - Part II

I think you should start, as long as you remember some details… Most people usually remember lucid dreams easier than normal dreams.
It is not really very often i remeber all the details of a normal dream, unless i wake up right after the dream.
I would say go ahead :smile:

Yeah LaBerge says that If you can remember at least one dream a night for a week you should start trying techniques, so yeah definitely. Go for it.

Hey, guess what? I remembered 6 dreams last night (Four of them I remembered so much that I forgot some while I was writing, and the other two were kind of little snippets of dreams)!! That’s a record for me! (Now if I could only get down that whole lucid thing…)

EpiK

That’s great. I have had that problem as well where I start to forget dreams as I write them down. I corrected at first by writing the dreams in the order I had them. Your dream recall will continue to improve in time.

This also just takes time, constant practice and don’t give up you will get it in time.

Happy Dreaming

I have a question,

Is it worth writing down fragments of dreams in a DJ? I’m very new to lucid dreaming and I’m in the phase of remembering dreams every night, but right now I can only remember fragments of dreams. Should I write them down or wait until I can remember an entire dream?

I NEED TO KNOW!

In the past when ive had dreams, it has always felt like im accually living them, i never had to serch my mind for lost memories, like id wake up and instantly go “damn! that dream was awsome!”, but it seems like everyone else just remembers there dreams, instead of living them then remembering them(if that makes sence??)

do you learn to have these kinds of dreams in time? or is it jus random?

Writing down a dream can help you remember more of it. Start writing down next morning!

Yes I agree with r3m0t. Write down every single detail you can remember, even if it’s just a vague impression. This way you’re actively working on your dream recall, which may get better as a result.

Actually I don’t understand what you’re saying. What do you mean when you say you live your dreams instead of remembering them?

i mean while im dreaming, i know im gonna wake up and remember it, rather then jus waking up and tryin to peice together the dream from little details i can faintly remember

like everysingle dream ive had before i was tryin to remember, has felt like im living it, these dreams happend very rarely(and randomly)

i can remember most of the dreams ive had in my life, cause theres been so few, and when i wake up its like i jus teleported from my dream to my room, so they are very easy to remember and stick with me for a long time

i hope that explains it a bit better? its a tricky subject

So you know you’re dreaming and are therefore lucid?

You just mean recall which is so good you don’t need to think about dream recall, you just remember it. Right?

ya im deffinatly not lucid(altho maybe a very low lucidity)

i guess you could say my dream recall is jus incredibly good at random times, but then when im tryin to remember my dreams, my dream recall is horrible, worse then anyone i know

this shit is really hard to explain, especially since it happens to me so rarely

I think these particular dreams you are talking about, are the ones that your subconscious wants you to know about and probably need to be worked with in some way? A problem that needs to be solved for example.

hmmmm, ya thats very possible?, infact a few things from my dreams come to mind as far as something my subconcious wants me to know.

but theres still the question of - is it possible to have these kinds of dreams everynight??

Personally I wouldn’t think so, unless you have a huge problem in waking life that needs a lot of work. :sad:
But then again some people have great control of their mind. :bored:

damn… that lowers my spirit… when i started up on this site i thought thats what i was gonna get to learn to do, ive never rememberd a dream any other way :sad:

You will start remembering them…just give yourself the time to get used to recalling dreams as soon as you wake up…it will become automatic in time.

for the past 5 days dreaming has been the last thought in my head when i go to bed, and the first thing in my head as i wake up

im not givin up, im gonna keep doin it till it works

Macro

Good for you. That is exactly what it takes. Refusing to give up. You will get there in time. Just keep practicing and have patients.

Happy dreaming

Yes, listen to the wise words of milod789 and moogle :smile: If you keep trying and persist in your practice, you’ll enjoy the results of your hard work. However, if you quit you won’t make any progress and everything remains the same…

Good luck!! :happy:

I started trying to have LD’s in very late november. In about 2 weeks time I was able to remember 3-5 dreams a night in great detail. I took a break from trying to LD in late december but I could still remember my dreams really good. Recently I started trying for LD’s again. I haven’t been able to remember hardly any dreams at all. Just figments of the dream. I havn’t really changed anything about how I have been doing things except that I try to MILD when I goto bed.