LD4all Quest 62: Be your own Guru

Interesting Quest, and I RC’ed when I saw the number of the title says 61, it should say 62 :tongue: unless you plan to make people RC when seeing this topic :grin:

Ill definitely do this Quest :content:

hmm? :whistle:

Hey i’ll try to do this one !
I didn’t have an LD yet but hey, I got one whole month and things are going really good these times . :slide:
But I have one questions… are the wings an award of some sort…? or something else ?

ill try wish me luck qu.

I’ll try this one too! I’ve never tried a quest before, but this sounds like a good one. Maybe I’ll teach a DC about dream physics. That would be fun!

This sounds interesting, I’ll give it a go!

would I also complete the quest by being teached by an DC?
Because as the DC is part of me, being teached by him means that i taught myself, too.

I think this is interesting and I will try it.
Also this means that the Dc can teach me to LD easier or similar things :smile:

No, you should teach someone, not be taught.

Success! :smile:

DJ entry.

Nothing extraordinary but I managed to combine the pleasant with the useful.

I’d probably teach someone how to teach someone how to teach someone.
Very complicated stuff.
Somewhere in the dreamworld there must be a university where I can get a PhD in Meta-meta-education. :tongue:

lol, brilliant! I just love meta’ing and recursion :tongue: (well, and randomness and non-sense and…)

Aw, I actually completed this last month! :lol:

But I’ll happily do it again. Sometimes it takes teaching someone else something to learn it yourself.

Double post!

I showed a DC last night that I could make things appear (demonstrated by turning paper into $100 bills) and explained that she could do it too, however she didn’t believe she could and refused to try it herself.
Don’t know if that counts or not.

In any case, I’ll give it another go tonight. Hopefully I don’t get anymore quitters.

Ok, I’ve tried it this time, in the hard way: teaching LD and awareness levels to DCs.

I could teach it, but most didn’t pay attention, while others got angry at me.
The best part is that I’ve done a lot of tricks there, and the experience about “meta-LDing” is very valuable.

I will be short, I don’t have a DJ anymore so…
[size=75][LD]I noticed it was a dream once I got into a elevator in a sort of theater, and when I got out of it, I was in a hotel lobby, when I saw the receptionist, I recalled about teaching things and wondered if telling about LD and such stuff would lead me to a FA.

Fortunately it didn’t, but she was uninterested at first, after insisting and showing some powers (disappearing objects, invisibility, flying and transformation), she got angry and yelled at me to get out of there!

So I’ve run to outside and flew to a university. I got directly to a second floor there and mind controlled a professor to leave the classroom, so I could try with more attendants. But no one payed attention on me. Just a bit after I stopped talking some one come by: the rector. He asked me to follow him, so he could show me my new room!???

At first, that seemed to be friendly but it was obvious: he locked me alone inside the room, so I would quit disturbing the students. Anyway the room was very large and full of interesting things. As my last trick there, I removed the gravity inside the room and could swim in midair.[/LD][/size]

At last, It was very interesting, but no one learned what I had taught. Anyway, I don’t think I have done so many tricks in a single LD before…

I’m sorry if you don’t believe it, that wasn’t my intention. :cool:

I’ll try this quest, although its doubtful that I’ll succeed this month (I’m just starting to regain interest in LDs). I suppose that if I do have an LD I’ll attempt to teach a DC how to fly.

I’ll try, though, like Vampirism I’m just now getting back into LDing. I’ll teach some kid a thing or two about flying dragons.

I will write this on my To-do list! :smile:

I met my friend Ella in an LD, and she was surprised to hear she was in my dream. I told her I could control my dream, and learnt her to do it herself. I learnt her to make winning lottery tickets (I know, it’s useless in a dream) and how I normally fly.

IRL she couldn’t remember anything of course, but it was fun meeting her in a dream :tongue:

I did it! My first quest :content:

I dont have a DJ so here it goes the short version:
Me and my brother was standing outside our house and I was trying to show him how to make trees disappeaer (I was already lucid but dont remember how i got lucid in this one) but it dident work. That made me do an RC and it confirmed that it was a dream. So I decided to teach him how to fly. I instructed him to climb up on a fence and than jump off it while waving his arms. I went first and he followed me. We flew in low altitude down our road towards our mailbox. I could hear him laugh behind me. Than we stopped, and I decided to fly higher. He watched me as I climbed, but he dident follow me. The sky was clear blue whith only a few clouds. But since I had spent my last LDs flying, I decided to explore my neighborhood. The dream faded shortly after

It was never my intention in the dream to complete the quest, but I remembered the quest when I woke up and realised that i had done it :smile:

Finally WBTB worked for me. :woot: I’ve been trying to do it for more than a month now (although only on weekends) and tonight I either found the perfect timing or the fact that coffee helps a lot. I went to sleep at midnight (and I must’ve fallen asleep pretty quickly) and woke up with my alarm at 4:20. I made myself a cup of coffee and read an engaging book for an hour and then I went back to sleep at exactly 5:20. By the time I had woken up at 6:00, I’d had a lucid dream. :yay:

So here is me completing the monthly task (I’m not typing the whole dream down, because it was pretty long, most of it has nothing to do with the mothly task and I remember many details but this is the part in which I did the task):

(I was lucid in the dream by this time) I was walking on the streets of the city my home’s in, although it was not a place I recognized. Everywhere looked deserted except for me, a few people from my school and a group of (maybe 4 or 5) around 9 years old children with very sullen faces. They were walking without speaking or doing anything else at all. So I grabbed a few candies from a shop and gave them those. They did not speak nor show any emotion. Remembering of the task, I asked them if they knew how to smile. They pulled the ends of their lips upwards to create misshaped smiles on their faces. I told them it was not the way they were supposed to do it and explained how they could smile instead. They were actually very fast learners, all of them could do it properly by the time I was finished with my quick lesson. We then exchanged farewells and I went to the people from my school.

That’s it. :content: