the BIG remembering dreams topic part VI

Dream diarys,
Buy a book, and a pen, Only use that pen and book to write what you dream, That way your memory of your dreams should improve

I have a diary and a pen which i’m using only for lucid purposes.

Nonono, Write down ALL dreams, Remembering your normal dreams will help with lucid dreams, my dream memory had increased ALOT since i started.

It called dream journal (DJ).
Keep it beside your bed, and use it when you wake up after sleep.

You should write all your dreams, and not just the lucid ones.
Even if you remember very little about a specific dream, write what you do recall. That may be feelings, sound, pictures or a part of the storyline. Anything at all.

This way you will train your mind to remember your dreams and make them clearer.
When your dreams are vivid and (more) easily recalled, you could fully dedicate yourself to lucid dreaming.

Also, when you wake up at night, don’t move for a while, and let the dream memories come back to you. Only then should you write them down in your DJ.

I hope this helps :wink:

I have a little problem: when I wake up, I don’t realize I am awake.

Sometimes I find myself just lying in bed looking to the ceiling and I suddendly say “Oh, look! I’m awake already!” so I just get up and go away. But it seems like I have wasted a lot of time just lying in there and I cannot remember much of my dreams.

The only way I can realize the moment I wake up is when I use an alarm clock.

Any ideas on what I should do? (I don’t want to use an alarm clock during vacation)

Do you use autosuggestion?

Ummm… I don’t think so… What is it?

It’s where you say what you want over and over in your mind, until you just know that the message has gotten into the subconscious, where it will be obeyed.

I’m not sure that’s the best description, but I believe there is some autosugestion articles in the article forum

Hey everyone! I just joined the site today :smile: I recently got into the idea of having a lucid dream. I think it would be very cool, like an art. I’ve been reading stuff about it, but as I’m thinking to myself-I can never remember my dreams in the first place. I try to tell myself to remember my dream before I go to sleep, but my mind always ends up wandering off.

I will tell you of a dream I had about 4 years ago when I was 12. Could this be a Lucid dream?
Ok, so I don’t remember much of it, but I was running from some guy and I was in a warehouse. I remember being able to choose which hallway I would run down and stuff. Sorry, that’s all I remember. Is that a lucid dream? Being able to choose what you do?

Ok, so, wrapping this all up-is there a way I can remember my dreams? Was my dream a lucid dream?

Thanks everyone!! I hope to have my first Lucid dream sometime soon!

Merged from topic in General Lucidness. :dragon:

Well if you look through this site you’ll see that remembering your dreams is a big part of the guide so just read that.

And no, it wasn’t really a lucid dream. In a lucid dream you would be like “I know I’m dreaming so why am I running from this guy? I feel like flying into my tv now so I can be on my favorite tv show…” or something like that. point is you would know your dreaming and be able to do whatever you want.

Ok, I’ll search the site more. I guess I’m kind of lazy in that way :wink:

Ok, so if I were lucid dreaming, I could’ve done whatever I felt like instead of just choosing where I ran, right?

Right. A lucid dream is when you know that you are dreaming, and you have control over yourself, and sometimes your environment. If you were lucid, you would have not run, but probably either ignore him, or come up with some entertaining way to dispatch him.

Awesome! Thanks everyone!! Sorry I didn’t look around the site more before I asked this! I’m lazy :wink:

I hate it when this happens!!!

Pretty much this week. What I do is use my cell phone to record my dreams the second I wake up. Then I write down the dream just before I go to bed, that way the dream is still fresh ion my mind and I don’t have to waste morning time remembering and writing down my dreams.

doesnt it depend on the person dreaming? Mine are much brighter than real life but there are times when I cant make out whats happening, I always feature as myself though and see the dream as I would if I was really there. LD is completely different for me, too like NL sometimes, it can get very confusing.

Yes, I’m asking it :tongue:

Merged from a topic in General Lucidness. :dragon:

It’s just like any other dreams. Keep a dream journal, and try to focus on your dreams first thing when you wake up.

I do that and sometimes it’s extremely frustrating. You wake up in the worning and find on your piece of paper some insignificant words. Then you keep thinking and trying to remember. You’re like ‘did i write that?’
Or when I have a vague flashback of the part when I told myself, ‘I’m sure I won’t forget. I’ll remember. I’m sure of it.’ just after I wrote the keywords. Then I wake up trying desperatly to remember :cry:

I’ll have to try that sometimes. Honestly the only frustration I experience is attempting to decipher my morning voice on the crappy phone mic.

Hehe, I find that recording a dream through voice takes so much longer than just jotting down some notes. I just make sure that they’re detailed enough to make sense of them.

Thanks, tiantian, for quoting that old post of mine. Had to laugh at reading my own stuff.